Now available at the Hirsh Health Sciences Library:
The Land of Five Flavors: A Cultural History of Chinese Cuisine
by Thomas O. Höllmann
“Anyone interested in China or in food history needs this book, an insightful introduction to China’s food traditions that is anchored in an understanding and appreciation of centuries of Chinese history and culinary culture, from the earliest empires to the present day.”
— Naomi Duguid, author of Burma: Rivers of Flavor; co-author of Beyond the Great Wall: Recipes and Travels in the other China
To learn more about this fabulous new addition to the HHSL collection, check out The Boston Globe’s review, or better yet, check it out of the library!
We have also recently acquired a few other titles on the topic of food and nutrition, so be sure to look them up:
- The Year of No Sugar: A Memoir by Eve O. Schaub
- Fat Chance: Beating the Odds Against Sugar, Processed Food, Obesity, and Disease by Robert H. Lustig
Is the library missing something? Let us know by recommending a purchase.
Tags4th floor african american history Ask Leo book review book talk celebration circulation congratulations copyright databases electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours facebook food graduation HHSL hhsl event Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch medical school mobile apps new books open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review social media staff summer TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Congrats! RT @sweetfoodie How Doing Dishes Can Help You Lose Weight - my first article for the Huffington Post!... http://t.co/ZTocI3teSt about 5 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Guest post by Judy Rabinowitz: Open vs. Public Access: What's the Difference? | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/RDw9YX9cJ3 #OpenAccessWeek2014 about 1 hour ago from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NPRHealth: Are We Evolving Into A Different Species? http://t.co/fdmu98dXvd about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @USDANutrition: Administrator Rowe (center) encourages MD students to “Get in the Game with School Lunch” http://t.co/OHw9y4fOlQ #Nation… about 19 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @TischLibrary We're fully expecting them to be gourd-geous. about 20 hours ago from Twitter Web Client in reply to TischLibrary ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Having a scary week? End it with some fun by painting a gourd at the Service Desk Fri from 3-4 http://t.co/ZhK3NOHWQ9 http://t.co/ALQl5BghpC about 22 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook