Now available at the Hirsh Health Sciences Library:
The Land of Five Flavors: A Cultural History of Chinese Cuisine
by Thomas O. Höllmann
“Anyone interested in China or in food history needs this book, an insightful introduction to China’s food traditions that is anchored in an understanding and appreciation of centuries of Chinese history and culinary culture, from the earliest empires to the present day.”
— Naomi Duguid, author of Burma: Rivers of Flavor; co-author of Beyond the Great Wall: Recipes and Travels in the other China
To learn more about this fabulous new addition to the HHSL collection, check out The Boston Globe’s review, or better yet, check it out of the library!
We have also recently acquired a few other titles on the topic of food and nutrition, so be sure to look them up:
- The Year of No Sugar: A Memoir by Eve O. Schaub
- Fat Chance: Beating the Odds Against Sugar, Processed Food, Obesity, and Disease by Robert H. Lustig
Is the library missing something? Let us know by recommending a purchase.
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources staff statistics stress relief summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library website welcome!
Follow Us on Twitter!
- BBC News - First 'three person baby' born using new method https://t.co/VFZIPkiqx7 about 2 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @WHO: Today is World #Rabies Day. Rabies is a vaccine-preventable viral disease, learn how we can #EndRabies https://t.co/gGybodMrCY htt… about 2 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- It's that time of year again! (GET YOUR FLU SHOT) https://t.co/5GbbHDV0Uk about 2 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @lorcanD: First recording of computer-generated music – created by Alan Turing – restored https://t.co/uDIRuuNqXY 09:26:20 AM September 27, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- What Obese Patients Should Say to Doctors https://t.co/UGrMAX0OX4 09:45:21 AM September 26, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- It's #BannedBooksWeek! What's your favorite #bannedbook? https://t.co/qGq3DxCnB0 09:15:12 AM September 26, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook