Now available at the Hirsh Health Sciences Library:
The Land of Five Flavors: A Cultural History of Chinese Cuisine
by Thomas O. Höllmann
“Anyone interested in China or in food history needs this book, an insightful introduction to China’s food traditions that is anchored in an understanding and appreciation of centuries of Chinese history and culinary culture, from the earliest empires to the present day.”
— Naomi Duguid, author of Burma: Rivers of Flavor; co-author of Beyond the Great Wall: Recipes and Travels in the other China
To learn more about this fabulous new addition to the HHSL collection, check out The Boston Globe’s review, or better yet, check it out of the library!
We have also recently acquired a few other titles on the topic of food and nutrition, so be sure to look them up:
- The Year of No Sugar: A Memoir by Eve O. Schaub
- Fat Chance: Beating the Odds Against Sugar, Processed Food, Obesity, and Disease by Robert H. Lustig
Is the library missing something? Let us know by recommending a purchase.
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics stress relief summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library Under10 website
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @USDAFoodSafety: Margaritas & Salmonella don’t mix! Keep your #CincoDeMayo dishes safe by keeping hot foods hot & cold foods cold. https… about 3 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Olympians Shouldn’t Swim Through Sewage https://t.co/95KmDQtm34 about 31 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @USDA: #ActonClimate: A look back on 7 years of historic #USDAResults → https://t.co/pfKi45JkY8 https://t.co/uajjAFXxno about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Room for Debate: Should Opioid Training for Doctors Be Mandatory? https://t.co/xKok8q0GzJ about 2 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NPRHealth: U.S. To Ship Peanuts To Feed Haitian Kids. Aid Groups Say 'This Is Wrong' https://t.co/GC0MFN20dw about 2 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @GretchenReynold: More food for thought about exercise and weight To Keep Obesity at Bay, Exercise May Trump Diet https://t.co/nIUJxTjIm… about 2 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook