The library is always adding new books to our growing collection. We’ve recently put out on the shelves many books that were featured on the New York Times’ Bestsellers List for science books. Make sure to stop by and pick one up! Here are just a few examples:
- The Sixth Extinction by Elizabeth Kolbert
- The Tale of the Dueling Neurosurgeons by Sam Kean
- The Girls of Atomic City: The Untold Story of the Women Who Helped Win WWII by Denise Kiernan
We’ve also acquired a few new titles on the topic of communication in medicine that we hope you will find useful:
- Mastering Communication with Seriously Ill Patients: Balancing Honesty with Empathy and Hope
- Practical Plans for Difficult Conversations in Medicine: Strategies That Work in Breaking Bad News
Let’s not forget about the dentists! Make sure to check out Partnerships in Dental Practice and Dollars and Dentists (Frontline Documentary) at the new book section across from the 4th floor library service desk.
Did we forget anything? If there’s something we don’t have that you’d like to see in the catalog, let us know by recommending a purchase.
Tags4th floor book review book talk celebration circulation congratulations copyright databases electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours facebook food graduation graphs HHSL hhsl event Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch mobile apps new books open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review social media staff statistics summer Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- I seriously love everything that was in that last Tweet. I'm sure they're great people, too! about 14 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsOcl: Tufts Quidditch's Yule Ball Tickets on sale now online and at the booth for just $10. about 14 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @KHCourage: #deargodno RT @ziyatong: The beak of a colossal squid. [photo: Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa] http://t.co/TarSeiH… about 14 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsMedSchool: Interesting article on the potential use of social media to track communicable diseases. http://t.co/BdM27FRstj #health… 11:21:19 AM November 22, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @dcatufts: On this day 1983 in Tufts History, the Sackler Center for Health Communications broke ground. http://t.co/uksOLpMaI0 http://t… 11:48:42 AM November 21, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsTechnology: TUFTS DAILY: TTS Plans Updates to SIS Class Search - benefits students and faculty! http://t.co/wlpsijkEaz 11:47:35 AM November 21, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook