The library is always adding new books to our growing collection. We’ve recently put out on the shelves many books that were featured on the New York Times’ Bestsellers List for science books. Make sure to stop by and pick one up! Here are just a few examples:
- The Sixth Extinction by Elizabeth Kolbert
- The Tale of the Dueling Neurosurgeons by Sam Kean
- The Girls of Atomic City: The Untold Story of the Women Who Helped Win WWII by Denise Kiernan
We’ve also acquired a few new titles on the topic of communication in medicine that we hope you will find useful:
- Mastering Communication with Seriously Ill Patients: Balancing Honesty with Empathy and Hope
- Practical Plans for Difficult Conversations in Medicine: Strategies That Work in Breaking Bad News
Let’s not forget about the dentists! Make sure to check out Partnerships in Dental Practice and Dollars and Dentists (Frontline Documentary) at the new book section across from the 4th floor library service desk.
Did we forget anything? If there’s something we don’t have that you’d like to see in the catalog, let us know by recommending a purchase.
Tags4th floor 5th floor 6th floor Ask Leo book review books circulation copyright databases eBooks electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours library service desk library staff lunch new books new resource open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics stress relief summer therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website writing consultants
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Welcome @TuftsDental Class of 2019! We're looking forward to meeting you all! about 8 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @theNCI: Does someone who inherits a cancer-predisposing mutation always get cancer? No, and here's why: http://t.co/zK2G07tiwX about 9 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NPR: How the stethoscope sparked a culture of listening http://t.co/1LyEKVw1dQ @christophjoyce @NPRHealth http://t.co/aLlSqbdzjN about 11 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NPRHealth: A Sense Of Self: What Happens When Your Brain Says You Don't Exist http://t.co/xjypUdMK5q 02:42:43 PM July 28, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @sciam: Melting Mummies Are on Thin Ice, Thanks to Climate Change http://t.co/YT82Xrh1kf #science 12:22:14 PM July 28, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Writing Consultants sessions are resuming 8/2 with a new schedule! | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/gGwL50TkmN 12:12:14 PM July 28, 2015 from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook