The library is always adding new books to our growing collection. We’ve recently put out on the shelves many books that were featured on the New York Times’ Bestsellers List for science books. Make sure to stop by and pick one up! Here are just a few examples:
- The Sixth Extinction by Elizabeth Kolbert
- The Tale of the Dueling Neurosurgeons by Sam Kean
- The Girls of Atomic City: The Untold Story of the Women Who Helped Win WWII by Denise Kiernan
We’ve also acquired a few new titles on the topic of communication in medicine that we hope you will find useful:
- Mastering Communication with Seriously Ill Patients: Balancing Honesty with Empathy and Hope
- Practical Plans for Difficult Conversations in Medicine: Strategies That Work in Breaking Bad News
Let’s not forget about the dentists! Make sure to check out Partnerships in Dental Practice and Dollars and Dentists (Frontline Documentary) at the new book section across from the 4th floor library service desk.
Did we forget anything? If there’s something we don’t have that you’d like to see in the catalog, let us know by recommending a purchase.
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources staff statistics stress relief summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library Under10 website
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @sciencemagazine: Unraveling the rules of "protein folding" could soon lead to a medical revolution: https://t.co/JcaDW0NcCT https://t.c… 03:48:22 PM July 21, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @nprscience: Turning Down The Background Noise Could Help Toddlers Learn https://t.co/XJNn4JQqAq 01:16:23 PM July 21, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NEJM: Article reviews medical tips for international travelers https://t.co/hIJLO2eeIC https://t.co/q9AsFRa8MM 12:12:59 PM July 21, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NIH: Use it or lose it! Visual activity may restore sight says @NatEyeInstitute study https://t.co/dvxhLVBLLj #NIHFlickr https://t.co/z… 10:56:32 AM July 21, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NEJM: Editorial: A Challenge in Vaccine Development — Neisseria meningitidis Serogroup B https://t.co/FzJNIL263c https://t.co/2qibUPCyNn 10:19:44 AM July 21, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @WHOAFRO: Female Genital Mutilation (#FGM) violates human rights, has NO health benefits & it must NEVER be performed #EndFGM https://t.… 09:55:34 AM July 21, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook