This month’s Under10 Spotlight is a double feature! A combination of an adventurous mood (not preparing lunch in the evening) and oversleeping on two days led me to two spots: Momogoose, a food truck, and its sister restaurant Saté. Both are located near South Station and offer the same menu. Momogoose is at the intersection of Congress St and the Greenway, and Saté is in the Nonprofit Center on South St (right next to Al’s).
I’ve wanted to get lunch from one of the Dewey Square food trucks for months, but they are always dauntingly busy. The lines to order wind around the plaza and the group of people waiting for their orders to be ready is massive. I’ve noticed, though, that if you travel just a block further to where Congress St intersects the Greenway, the food trucks there have much shorter lines. I decided to head to Momogoose for my first food truck post.
Momogoose offers ramen, pho, banh mi, and create-your-own rice or noodle bowls, with a variety of protein choices. Each dish is $6 and for $8 you can get a main dish, a beverage, and dumpling or crispy roll. I ordered ramen with beef, a crispy roll, and a lemonade (which cost an extra dollar but was worth it). The ramen’s thin noodles were a bit too al dente for my taste and the beef was a little dry, but the broth was flavorful with wonderfully crisp vegetables. The portion was generous and I had some left over. The bowls and lids they use are sturdy and basically spill proof, so it was easy to bring back to work with me.
When I went to Saté the following week, I decided to try the ramen again, but opted for tofu and got a dumpling instead of a crispy roll on the side. The noodles were more to my liking and the tofu was a better fit with the rest of the ingredients. My friend got a rice bowl with Korean BBQ chicken, which she enjoyed thoroughly.
I’m most impressed by the speed at both locations, as my meals were ready to take away by the time I finished paying. I don’t feel like this speed comes at the expense of quality. Neither location offers seating, as Momogoose is a truck and Saté is just a counter in a hallway, so they’d be good options if you need to grab something quickly to take back to the library.
Momogoose. Congress St and JFK/Surface Rd, Boston, MA. Monday-Friday 10:30am-2:30pm | Saté. 89 South St, Boston, MA. Monday-Friday 10:30am-2:30pm. Both locations accept cash and credit cards.
Have you braved the food truck lines? Do you have a suggestion for the next place we should try? Write to us!
Tags4th floor 5th floor Ask Leo book review circulation crafts data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics summer Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website writing consultants
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @NPRHealth: The Risks (And Unexpected Benefits) Of Sending Health Students Abroad https://t.co/X0r3FaYLdc about 14 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NPR: It takes 35M acres of corn to feed U.S. ethanol plants; @nprDanCharles can't think of any ag product to top that: https://t.co/ZeE… about 14 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NYU_HSL: Repositories & journals are great places to store data? Consider https://t.co/63mFZ0SklY or https://t.co/JIDa14X7Ak https://t.… about 17 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsMedSchool: Meningitis outbreak in CA in spite of vaccinations- Pediatrics Prof. Cody Meissner weighs in on their effectiveness htt… about 17 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NYTHealth: A new study has raised red flags about doctor-assisted death for people with psychiatric disorders https://t.co/5z2ItxmpVE about 19 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @lisagualtieri: Lego person from @datatorrent rests in @Misfit band while visiting https://t.co/VHQZHpvTbG. Next stop is #HIMSS16 https:… 01:26:31 PM February 10, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook