This month’s Under10 Spotlight is a double feature! A combination of an adventurous mood (not preparing lunch in the evening) and oversleeping on two days led me to two spots: Momogoose, a food truck, and its sister restaurant Saté. Both are located near South Station and offer the same menu. Momogoose is at the intersection of Congress St and the Greenway, and Saté is in the Nonprofit Center on South St (right next to Al’s).
I’ve wanted to get lunch from one of the Dewey Square food trucks for months, but they are always dauntingly busy. The lines to order wind around the plaza and the group of people waiting for their orders to be ready is massive. I’ve noticed, though, that if you travel just a block further to where Congress St intersects the Greenway, the food trucks there have much shorter lines. I decided to head to Momogoose for my first food truck post.
Momogoose offers ramen, pho, banh mi, and create-your-own rice or noodle bowls, with a variety of protein choices. Each dish is $6 and for $8 you can get a main dish, a beverage, and dumpling or crispy roll. I ordered ramen with beef, a crispy roll, and a lemonade (which cost an extra dollar but was worth it). The ramen’s thin noodles were a bit too al dente for my taste and the beef was a little dry, but the broth was flavorful with wonderfully crisp vegetables. The portion was generous and I had some left over. The bowls and lids they use are sturdy and basically spill proof, so it was easy to bring back to work with me.
When I went to Saté the following week, I decided to try the ramen again, but opted for tofu and got a dumpling instead of a crispy roll on the side. The noodles were more to my liking and the tofu was a better fit with the rest of the ingredients. My friend got a rice bowl with Korean BBQ chicken, which she enjoyed thoroughly.
I’m most impressed by the speed at both locations, as my meals were ready to take away by the time I finished paying. I don’t feel like this speed comes at the expense of quality. Neither location offers seating, as Momogoose is a truck and Saté is just a counter in a hallway, so they’d be good options if you need to grab something quickly to take back to the library.
Momogoose. Congress St and JFK/Surface Rd, Boston, MA. Monday-Friday 10:30am-2:30pm | Saté. 89 South St, Boston, MA. Monday-Friday 10:30am-2:30pm. Both locations accept cash and credit cards.
Have you braved the food truck lines? Do you have a suggestion for the next place we should try? Write to us!
Tags4th floor 6th floor Ask Leo book review book talk circulation congratulations copyright databases dental eBooks electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours library service desk library staff lunch new books new resource open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review staff stress relief summer therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month writing consultants
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Independence Day Weekend | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/IjOdnaR2aJ http://t.co/E6Tkv84jKU about 5 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @BostonGlobe: If this Tuesday feels like the longest Tuesday since 1992, that's because it is. #leapsecond http://t.co/fSVY3J2Cji http:… about 7 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsUniversity: Sugary drinks linked to 180,000 deaths a year, Tufts study says: http://t.co/G9rEwhRhP9 about 8 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @theNCI: A mole is just a mole -- or is it #melanoma? How to tell the difference: http://t.co/CLWCicu0Wd via @NCIprevention http://t.co/… 10:58:53 AM June 29, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @BrettRHenson it's the hippest joint in town! 10:18:00 AM June 29, 2015 from Twitter Web Client in reply to BrettRHenson ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @Dmozaffarian: Huge victory for love and happiness. Supreme Court declares that devotion, dignity, and marriage are for everyone. http:/… 03:34:00 PM June 26, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook