This month’s Under10 Spotlight is a double feature! A combination of an adventurous mood (not preparing lunch in the evening) and oversleeping on two days led me to two spots: Momogoose, a food truck, and its sister restaurant Saté. Both are located near South Station and offer the same menu. Momogoose is at the intersection of Congress St and the Greenway, and Saté is in the Nonprofit Center on South St (right next to Al’s).
I’ve wanted to get lunch from one of the Dewey Square food trucks for months, but they are always dauntingly busy. The lines to order wind around the plaza and the group of people waiting for their orders to be ready is massive. I’ve noticed, though, that if you travel just a block further to where Congress St intersects the Greenway, the food trucks there have much shorter lines. I decided to head to Momogoose for my first food truck post.
Momogoose offers ramen, pho, banh mi, and create-your-own rice or noodle bowls, with a variety of protein choices. Each dish is $6 and for $8 you can get a main dish, a beverage, and dumpling or crispy roll. I ordered ramen with beef, a crispy roll, and a lemonade (which cost an extra dollar but was worth it). The ramen’s thin noodles were a bit too al dente for my taste and the beef was a little dry, but the broth was flavorful with wonderfully crisp vegetables. The portion was generous and I had some left over. The bowls and lids they use are sturdy and basically spill proof, so it was easy to bring back to work with me.
When I went to Saté the following week, I decided to try the ramen again, but opted for tofu and got a dumpling instead of a crispy roll on the side. The noodles were more to my liking and the tofu was a better fit with the rest of the ingredients. My friend got a rice bowl with Korean BBQ chicken, which she enjoyed thoroughly.
I’m most impressed by the speed at both locations, as my meals were ready to take away by the time I finished paying. I don’t feel like this speed comes at the expense of quality. Neither location offers seating, as Momogoose is a truck and Saté is just a counter in a hallway, so they’d be good options if you need to grab something quickly to take back to the library.
Momogoose. Congress St and JFK/Surface Rd, Boston, MA. Monday-Friday 10:30am-2:30pm | Saté. 89 South St, Boston, MA. Monday-Friday 10:30am-2:30pm. Both locations accept cash and credit cards.
Have you braved the food truck lines? Do you have a suggestion for the next place we should try? Write to us!
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation Ask Leo book review circulation copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun fun lab HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics stress relief summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library Under10 website writing consultants
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Walt Whitman Promoted a Paleo Diet. Who Knew? https://t.co/jO74naO8qc about 10 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @statnews: Fasting before a cholesterol test is no longer necessary, new guidelines say https://t.co/q7kPAAt3ni https://t.co/QtdmpulxGq about 16 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @statnews: Advocacy groups sue FDA to disclose more information about its expert panel members https://t.co/aVnDQPVEW6 (fixed) https://t… about 17 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- See what librarians can be up against! Weeding the Worst Library Books https://t.co/qcVZJffa9M via @newyorker 01:35:47 PM April 28, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @marionnestle: See @juliaoftoronto's terrific analysis of why exercise isn't enough for weight loss. https://t.co/0XYLLUtaVf 11:18:57 AM April 28, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- BBC News - E-cigarettes should be offered to smokers, say doctors https://t.co/fQmJvs8fSc 08:15:50 AM April 28, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook