What is BrowZine?
The library is now sponsoring BrowZine, a new tablet application that allows you to browse, read and monitor many of the library’s scholarly journals. All in a format optimized for your iPad, Android, or Kindle Fire HD Tablets!
• Browse and read journals by subject
• Download full articles
• Create your own bookshelf
• Be notified when new articles are published (iOS only, Android coming)
• Save articles for off-line reading
• Export to services such as DropBox, Mendeley, RefWorks, Zotero, Papers and more.
To learn more, please take a look at this short two minute video: http://vimeo.com/75971786?autoplay=1
Download Now (Tablets & iOS v7.x+)
Getting started is easy! From your tablet, find BrowZine in the Apple App, Google Play or Amazon App store and download it for free. When initially launching BrowZine, select ‘Tufts University’ from the drop down list. Enter your Tufts username and password. Start exploring BrowZine! BrowZine is also available on iPhones running iOS7+, but is currently unavailable for Android and Windows phones.
Hirsh Health Sciences Library would like to welcome new residents to the Tufts Medical Community!
The Library is here to help.
Your Tufts username and password will get you access to the Library’s online resources. You will receive a letter in the mail on how to set this up so please keep a look out.
Please see a staff member on the 4th floor information service’s desk of the Sackler building for bar code access to check out books in our collection.
Our collection features current journals in the field, books on select health topics, and a leisure reading collection to help you de-stress.
If you ever need assistance with resources at Hirsh, please ask us.
See you in the Library!
This delicious, flavorful Vietnamese dish is a personal favorite shared by a close friend. It’s a soup to make any time of the year to enjoy among family and friends.
Prep time: 1 hour and 15 mins.
Cook time: 2 hours
2 tbs. reduced sodium soy sauce
3 stems of green onion, chopped
1 tbs. beef spice (Gia Vi Nau Bo Kho)
1 tbs. sugar
¼ tsp. salt
1 clove of garlic, chopped
1lb beef stew meat (chuck)
Marinate beef with sugar, salt, beef spice, soy sauce, green onion, and garlic for at least 1 hour. For best flavor, marinate overnight in the fridge.
1lb carrots, chopped
1 stem of lemongrass, cut into 5 inch pieces
1 tbs. canola oil
2 tbs. beef spice (Gia Vi Nau Bo Kho)
1 tbs. sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 clove of garlic, chopped
6 (8oz)cans of reduced sodium chicken broth
1 pkg rice noodle (Banh Pho Tuoi)
herbs (mint, cilantro, and/or basil leaves)
1. Brown garlic with oil in a 6 quart pot, after it turns a golden color, put meat in.
2. Cook meat thoroughly, and then add 4 cans of chicken broth and 4 cans of water.
3. Add beef spice, sugar, salt, and then stir.
4. Add pieces of lemon grass stem (only used for flavor, to be discarded upon serving).
5. Let simmer for about 1 ½ hours.
6. Add carrots, 2 remaining cans of chicken broth and 2 cans of water.
7. Let simmer for ½ hour more, stirring occasionally.
8. Cook rice noodles as indicated.
9. Discard lemongrass pieces and serve soup over noodles in a bowl.
9. Garnish with mint leaves, basil, or cilantro.
Yields approximately 4 quarts | Serving size: 3 cups | Calories per Serving: 306 | Servings: approximately 5
The Food 4 Thought Cafe will be closed starting today, Wednesday May 21st and will reopen on Tuesday, May 27th due to repair.
Their summer hours are currently in effect Monday through Friday from 7:30 to 3pm.
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources staff statistics summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library website welcome!
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @WHO: Maximizing access to lifesaving #hepatitis C treatment is a priority for WHO https://t.co/MQ0w74xQZE #HepC about 24 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Fun fact: study buddies are medically proven to make your life better. about 15 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Stuck on campus to wait for the MBTA to resume full service? Why not swing by the desk and de-stress by making a st… https://t.co/dIO0xbMrDp about 15 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @BostonGlobe: Five people taken to hospitals for treatment of smoke inhalation after train overheats at Back Bay Station https://t.co/zE… about 15 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @pewhealth: Offering pre-cut fruit was another winning strategy in our survey https://t.co/avBqJ68m9G #NSLW https://t.co/t79jqP28Ua about 17 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @sciam: Autism study finds early intervention has lasting effects https://t.co/AhQojfsaMZ https://t.co/1QJcta5bL1 about 18 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook