What is BrowZine?
The library is now sponsoring BrowZine, a new tablet application that allows you to browse, read and monitor many of the library’s scholarly journals. All in a format optimized for your iPad, Android, or Kindle Fire HD Tablets!
• Browse and read journals by subject
• Download full articles
• Create your own bookshelf
• Be notified when new articles are published (iOS only, Android coming)
• Save articles for off-line reading
• Export to services such as DropBox, Mendeley, RefWorks, Zotero, Papers and more.
To learn more, please take a look at this short two minute video: http://vimeo.com/75971786?autoplay=1
Download Now (Tablets & iOS v7.x+)
Getting started is easy! From your tablet, find BrowZine in the Apple App, Google Play or Amazon App store and download it for free. When initially launching BrowZine, select ‘Tufts University’ from the drop down list. Enter your Tufts username and password. Start exploring BrowZine! BrowZine is also available on iPhones running iOS7+, but is currently unavailable for Android and Windows phones.
Hirsh Health Sciences Library would like to welcome new residents to the Tufts Medical Community!
The Library is here to help.
Your Tufts username and password will get you access to the Library’s online resources. You will receive a letter in the mail on how to set this up so please keep a look out.
Please see a staff member on the 4th floor information service’s desk of the Sackler building for bar code access to check out books in our collection.
Our collection features current journals in the field, books on select health topics, and a leisure reading collection to help you de-stress.
If you ever need assistance with resources at Hirsh, please ask us.
See you in the Library!
This delicious, flavorful Vietnamese dish is a personal favorite shared by a close friend. It’s a soup to make any time of the year to enjoy among family and friends.
Prep time: 1 hour and 15 mins.
Cook time: 2 hours
2 tbs. reduced sodium soy sauce
3 stems of green onion, chopped
1 tbs. beef spice (Gia Vi Nau Bo Kho)
1 tbs. sugar
¼ tsp. salt
1 clove of garlic, chopped
1lb beef stew meat (chuck)
Marinate beef with sugar, salt, beef spice, soy sauce, green onion, and garlic for at least 1 hour. For best flavor, marinate overnight in the fridge.
1lb carrots, chopped
1 stem of lemongrass, cut into 5 inch pieces
1 tbs. canola oil
2 tbs. beef spice (Gia Vi Nau Bo Kho)
1 tbs. sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 clove of garlic, chopped
6 (8oz)cans of reduced sodium chicken broth
1 pkg rice noodle (Banh Pho Tuoi)
herbs (mint, cilantro, and/or basil leaves)
1. Brown garlic with oil in a 6 quart pot, after it turns a golden color, put meat in.
2. Cook meat thoroughly, and then add 4 cans of chicken broth and 4 cans of water.
3. Add beef spice, sugar, salt, and then stir.
4. Add pieces of lemon grass stem (only used for flavor, to be discarded upon serving).
5. Let simmer for about 1 ½ hours.
6. Add carrots, 2 remaining cans of chicken broth and 2 cans of water.
7. Let simmer for ½ hour more, stirring occasionally.
8. Cook rice noodles as indicated.
9. Discard lemongrass pieces and serve soup over noodles in a bowl.
9. Garnish with mint leaves, basil, or cilantro.
Yields approximately 4 quarts | Serving size: 3 cups | Calories per Serving: 306 | Servings: approximately 5
Tags4th floor 5th floor Ask Leo book review circulation copyright crafts databases dental eBooks electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics summer survey Thanksgiving Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website writing consultants
Follow Us on Twitter!
- New database from @AHRQNews tracks hospital readmission rates. Learn more: https://t.co/SvHM9VfdtV about 15 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Happy Thanksgiving from Hirsh! | What's New @ HHSL https://t.co/z8tyCEoiYf 03:41:04 PM November 24, 2015 from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsMedSchool: Alicia Romano shares her expertise in list of the 50 (new) healthiest foods of all time – with recipes! https://t.co/HE… 02:20:41 PM November 24, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @Dmozaffarian: Excellent, objective dissection of the evidence and controversies over dietary fats: https://t.co/8UXYujLHij @voxdotcom 11:44:05 AM November 24, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- For years, the government told Americans to avoid fat. That was wrong. https://t.co/DUXrS5K26E via @voxdotcom 09:02:40 AM November 24, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsDental: Just a reminder that the dental school and clinics will be closed Thursday, Nov. 26 and Friday, Nov. 27 to celebrate Thank… 03:32:22 PM November 23, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook