What is BrowZine?
The library is now sponsoring BrowZine, a new tablet application that allows you to browse, read and monitor many of the library’s scholarly journals. All in a format optimized for your iPad, Android, or Kindle Fire HD Tablets!
• Browse and read journals by subject
• Download full articles
• Create your own bookshelf
• Be notified when new articles are published (iOS only, Android coming)
• Save articles for off-line reading
• Export to services such as DropBox, Mendeley, RefWorks, Zotero, Papers and more.
To learn more, please take a look at this short two minute video: http://vimeo.com/75971786?autoplay=1
Download Now (Tablets & iOS v7.x+)
Getting started is easy! From your tablet, find BrowZine in the Apple App, Google Play or Amazon App store and download it for free. When initially launching BrowZine, select ‘Tufts University’ from the drop down list. Enter your Tufts username and password. Start exploring BrowZine! BrowZine is also available on iPhones running iOS7+, but is currently unavailable for Android and Windows phones.
Hirsh Health Sciences Library would like to welcome new residents to the Tufts Medical Community!
The Library is here to help.
Your Tufts username and password will get you access to the Library’s online resources. You will receive a letter in the mail on how to set this up so please keep a look out.
Please see a staff member on the 4th floor information service’s desk of the Sackler building for bar code access to check out books in our collection.
Our collection features current journals in the field, books on select health topics, and a leisure reading collection to help you de-stress.
If you ever need assistance with resources at Hirsh, please ask us.
See you in the Library!
This delicious, flavorful Vietnamese dish is a personal favorite shared by a close friend. It’s a soup to make any time of the year to enjoy among family and friends.
Prep time: 1 hour and 15 mins.
Cook time: 2 hours
2 tbs. reduced sodium soy sauce
3 stems of green onion, chopped
1 tbs. beef spice (Gia Vi Nau Bo Kho)
1 tbs. sugar
¼ tsp. salt
1 clove of garlic, chopped
1lb beef stew meat (chuck)
Marinate beef with sugar, salt, beef spice, soy sauce, green onion, and garlic for at least 1 hour. For best flavor, marinate overnight in the fridge.
1lb carrots, chopped
1 stem of lemongrass, cut into 5 inch pieces
1 tbs. canola oil
2 tbs. beef spice (Gia Vi Nau Bo Kho)
1 tbs. sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 clove of garlic, chopped
6 (8oz)cans of reduced sodium chicken broth
1 pkg rice noodle (Banh Pho Tuoi)
herbs (mint, cilantro, and/or basil leaves)
1. Brown garlic with oil in a 6 quart pot, after it turns a golden color, put meat in.
2. Cook meat thoroughly, and then add 4 cans of chicken broth and 4 cans of water.
3. Add beef spice, sugar, salt, and then stir.
4. Add pieces of lemon grass stem (only used for flavor, to be discarded upon serving).
5. Let simmer for about 1 ½ hours.
6. Add carrots, 2 remaining cans of chicken broth and 2 cans of water.
7. Let simmer for ½ hour more, stirring occasionally.
8. Cook rice noodles as indicated.
9. Discard lemongrass pieces and serve soup over noodles in a bowl.
9. Garnish with mint leaves, basil, or cilantro.
Yields approximately 4 quarts | Serving size: 3 cups | Calories per Serving: 306 | Servings: approximately 5
Tags4th floor 5th floor Ask Leo book review circulation copyright databases eBooks electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books new resource open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics stress relief summer therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website writing consultants
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @TuftsNutrition: Friedman's Jeanne Goldberg comments today in the @BostonGlobe about lunchtime trading among school children: http://t.c… about 13 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @SPARC_NA: Our map of #OAWeek events is filling up fast—122 and counting! Make sure yours is counted. Add it now! http://t.co/eiSY8BvTOq about 14 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Cutest. Spider. EVER!!!! Peruvian Amazon's Roly Poly Spider and Other Exotic Orb Weavers http://t.co/psVeJ6p6Ke about 15 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Extra, extra! Be informed about the risks of foregoing vaccinations! https://t.co/xKuxqVjqb2 about 15 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @scifri: At 2pET, we're talking to the 2015 @NobelPrize laureates in Chemistry, Physics, & Medicine. http://t.co/TP1MQB9Qgu http://t.co/… about 15 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Tufts' New Entry Sustainable Farming Project on WGBH News story on Nutrition Inequality http://t.co/YaAZscdvxy via @wgbhnews 03:00:09 PM October 08, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook