Please join us in welcoming our newest Research and Instruction Librarian, Laura Pavlech! Laura comes to us from Brown University where she was the Biomedical and Life Sciences Librarian. While pursuing her degree in library science, she worked at the University of North Carolina Health Sciences Library in Chapel Hill. She is already familiar with Tufts as she is a 2008 graduate of the Vet School! Laura will be the primary outreach liaison to the Sackler School. Please say hello if you see her around the library!
We hope you all have a nice unofficial kick off to the summer this holiday weekend! The service desk will have limited hours on Monday, May 25th from 12pm-7pm for Memorial Day. We remember those who have lost their lives.
Congratulations to all of our 2015 graduates!
Celebrate all of your hard work and accomplishments! We look forward to the great work we know you will do in the future!
*Please note that this Saturday, May 16, the Service Desk on the 4th floor of Sackler will be closed, as there is a reception for graduates that will be taking place.*
The Hirsh Health Sciences Library will be open limited hours on Monday, April 20th from 12noon – 7pm in observance of Patriot’s Day.
Patriot’s Day is a holiday commemorating the Battles of Lexington and Concord in the American Revolutionary War.
It is also the day in which the Boston Marathon takes place!
However you spend the day (perhaps with us in the library) have a good one!
We’d like to give a shout out to the Sackler School for National Bunsen Burner Day. Today we commemorate the birth of the German chemist Robert Wilhelm Eberhard Bunsen, born in 1811.
A Bunsen burner is a long, hollow tube and when combining gas and air, a hot flame is produced.
Take a moment to appreciate this device and its value in science!
The first of our extended hours for 2015 will be this weekend, March 28th-29th, and the Hirsh Library Service Desk will be open 10 am to 10 pm. Our building will be open a bit later on Saturday. Swipe access will end as usual at 11PM, but you may remain in the library until 2AM! So if you find yourself lost in study you won’t have to leave by midnight. Good luck with your exams!
Leo is back with another exciting blog post and this time explores the world of printing! He provides some useful tips so please pay attention. First time using JumboCash? Leo will help you out (along with Lizzy)!
Congratulations class of 2015 on your match! Match Day is an annual event that began in 1952 where medical students learn where they will have their residency program. On Friday, March 20th the service desk on the 4th floor will be closed from 11am-2pm to accommodate celebrations for this event. All other floors will be open for study. Please plan on obtaining laptops and reserve items prior to 11am if you need them. Thank you!
Are you tired of coming to us for a new DynaMed number? Well you’re in luck because there is a new DynaMed Mobile App!
Please follow these instructions for installing the new and improved app!
- Download the free DynaMed App from the iTunes Store or Google Play.
- Go to our library homepage and select DynaMed from our Popular Links drop down menu.
- Select “mobile” from the top banner
- Enter your email address. (An authentication key will be emailed to you.)
- Open the DynaMed email from your device.
- Within 48 hours, tap on the link in the email to authenticate the App. (Note: after 48 hours, you will need to request a new authentication key.)
- Your device is ready to go!
Please feel free to contact a member of staff if you have any questions!
Tags4th floor 6th floor Ask Leo book review book talk circulation congratulations copyright databases dental eBooks electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours library service desk library staff lunch match day new books open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review staff stress relief summer therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month writing consultants
Follow Us on Twitter!
- What Happens to Students When Their Professors Are on Welfare http://t.co/UDLhpSd5Vu about 15 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Check it out! http://t.co/3HseB5ZDYn via @nytimeswell about 16 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Join @Tuftsbiotech this Thursday, 5/28 @ 5pm for a great networking opportunity at Venture Cafe! http://t.co/xEsQaPqYie 04:11:42 PM May 26, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @HealthyBoston: Have you been chosen for #NHANES? Congratulations! Learn more about what to expect here: http://t.co/UGW7ShJjI4 http://t… 01:04:45 PM May 26, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Are You Aware of Zombies? | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/dVDQRAhl1y 12:14:32 PM May 26, 2015 from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The University of Minnesota’s Medical Research Mess http://t.co/EXb3OA16y6 11:43:38 AM May 26, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook