Next Tuesday, April 22nd Dr. Dan Jay of the Sackler School with be giving a talk at the Broad Institute for the Cambridge Science Festival.¬† He will discuss how his scientific experience has played a role in the creative process.¬† For more information on his artwork, the talk, and the festival please see the links below.
For all of the Irish (and Irish at heart) we would like to wish you a wonderful St. Patrick’s Day!
We’d also like to share with you our video for the Battle of the Health Sciences Library Bands!
As mentioned in a previous post, we are up against three other health sciences libraries:
- the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library from the University of Virginia
- the William H. Welch Library from Johns Hopkins
- the Lamar Soutter Library from UMass Worcester
Be sure to like our music video¬†posted on our Facebook¬†page today to help us win!¬† Thank you!
The Hirsh Health Sciences Library would like to give a warm welcome to Chelsea Gabrielson, who is our new part-time reference assistant.¬† She comes to us from the Cambridge Public Library where she was a Senior Substitute.¬† Chelsea is currently working on her MLS at Simmons college.¬† She just survived her first New England winter, having moved here from California.¬† Feel free to say hello (in English or French!) if you see her around the library.
If you’re like me, you may not be much of a cook.¬† I tend to live on pasta and sandwiches. ¬†However, there is one dish that my family has made over the years that even I can make.¬† It is zucchini pie (well it’s more like a quiche).¬† If you love cheese, feel free to pile it on.¬† I’ve also tried variations with eggplant!¬† Enjoy!¬†¬† – Becky
1¬† 8 oz. package of crescent rolls
2 or 3 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
3¬† T. margarine
1¬† clove of crushed garlic or 1 tsp. powder
salt and pepper
2 beaten eggs
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Separate rolls into triangles and place in 9″ pie plate.¬† Saute zucchini in margarine until soft – drain.¬† Mix eggs, cheese, parsley, salt, pepper, and garlic.¬† Pour over top of zucchini (in pie plate) and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.¬† Bake at 350¬į for 30-40 minutes.¬† Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
Join us for our next Open Workshop at the Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences library, this Thursday, 2/13 from 12-1 in Sackler 510.¬† This week’s topic is Cochrane Systematic Reviews.
We invite you to sign up for future workshops and take advantage of this service.
I am a big fan of Elise Bauer and her blog: SimplyRecipes.¬† They are easy, no fuss and good. I bring my lunch everyday so at least once a week I need to make something that has leftovers. This one looks like a bit of a pain, but it is easy and you can modify it to suit your needs. Don‚Äôt like beef? Use ground pork, turkey or tofu. Add what veggies you have in the fridge. Don‚Äôt want to make cornbread from scratch? Buy a box.¬† Top it all off with salsa, sour cream and guacamole. I feel warmer already.¬† – Amy, Research & Instruction Librarian
We’d like to give a warm welcome to Berika Williams, who has just joined us as the new Emerging Technologies and Web Librarian here at Hirsh.¬† She comes to us from Victoria College, University of Houston where she was the Web Services Librarian.¬† When she’s not at the library she enjoys cycling, web design, sewing, music, and screenwriting!¬† Speaking of screenwriting, she was once the production secretary for the pilot season of ¬†‚ÄúTexas Justice‚ÄĚ, a television court show that ran for a few seasons on Fox!¬† She loves Boston so far and is looking forward to enhancing ¬†library technology used to support the medical programs at Tufts.¬† If you see her around the library please feel free to say hello and welcome her to Tufts.
Tags4th floor 5th floor african american history apps book review books book talk celebration ClinicalKey Clinical Key congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources facebook feedback graduation HHSL hhsl event holidays homepage hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff match day medical school medicine new resource open access open workshop portals president's day recipes resources social media staff technology TUSM twitter website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @TuftsDental: Did you know that April is Oral Cancer Awareness Month? Make sure you are receiving regular oral cancer exams- early detec‚Ä¶ about 9 minutes ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @theNCI: The Team Science Toolkit has more than 800 resources to enhance team-based research. Check it out! http://t.co/U6STjytFIj about 22 hours ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsMedicalCtr: RT @USNewsHealth: Don't worry, be happy! @jeffhalevy explains how to kill #stress with kindness: http://t.co/REpVZJeiYR about 22 hours ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TEDTalks: "Diets may seem harmless, but they actually do a lot of collateral damage." Here's why: http://t.co/4edQHQ2to0 about 22 hours ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @sciam: Morning Light Exposure Tied To Lower Weight http://t.co/XtUv44rYee about 22 hours ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Have a Great Long Weekend! | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/9FF4Tz0PfH 10:07:11 AM April 18, 2014 from bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook