It’s nearing the end of term and what better way to expand your research skills than to attend an HHSL Open Workshop?!
The next one is Wednesday, December 18th from 12-1pm in Sackler 510. This session will cover the ins and outs of Web of Knowledge, including:
- how to construct a keyword search
- how finding one good article on a topic can lead to other articles on the same thing
- and how to find out who else is working on your topic of interest
It’s sure to become your new best friend for research! Space is limited, so please REGISTER HERE by December 17th, 2013.
You may sign up and view future workshops here. We hope to see you there!
Only see an abstract in PubMed? We still may have your article!
There are multiple ways to find out if an article you are trying to locate is available through Tufts. One great place to start is the Tufts Catalog (link located in the top left of the homepage). You can search by journal title and see what subscriptions we have for electronic journals as well as print. Print periodicals are located on the 7th floor, except for the current year which is shelved on the 4th floor. Sometimes the catalog will say that the years you want are in “Jaharis Storage” this means that you need to fill out a request to have the volume brought over to the library. You can find the request form HERE and you will receive an email when it arrives at the 4th floor desk.
If you only have an abbreviated title then the single citation matcher in PubMed will help. Start filling out the citation HERE and the full title will become visible.
Another method of searching is to follow our e-journals link. You can search by title or browse alphabetically through Serial Solutions.
If you require assistance please don’t hesitate to stop by the library service desk on the 4th floor of Sackler. We’ll be happy to help!
The Hirsh Health Sciences Library would like to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving as well as a wonderful start to the holiday season!
We’re thankful for all of the wonderful students, faculty and staff of Tufts University and the medical center! What are you thankful for?
And as a reminder, the library will be closing at 5 pm today, and we will reopen at 9 am on Sunday, December 1.
Have some studying to do but really want to celebrate Halloween as well?
Well you’re in luck! This Thursday, October 31st, we’ll be setting up a projector on the 4th floor near the library service desk and airing episodes of the Twilight Zone. Popcorn and candy will also be provided while supplies last.
The fun starts at 5:30, so make sure to drop by!
We’ll be posting a lot about open access this week (since it is International Open Access Week!!), but do you know how to find information about other aspects of sharing scholarly work? For example…
Check out the Scholarly Communication at Tufts website for some great resources about fair use, copyright, and more!
We’re so sorry for the inconvenience.
Unfortunately, printing is not available for the time being. We are investigating and will let you know as soon as it is up and running again.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Tags4th floor 5th floor african american history alumni apps book review books book talk celebration circulation ClinicalKey Clinical Key conference congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources facebook graduation HHSL holidays homepage hours Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff match day medical school medicine new resource open access portals presentation publication resources social media staff technology toolkits TUSM twitter website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Open Workshop – Beyond Pubmed: Web of Knowledge (12/18, 12-1pm) http://t.co/yUqlOmjM9K about 19 hours ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Want to Help the Open Access Cause? Get the Button! http://t.co/a64MSEQlwL 09:26:23 AM December 11, 2013 from bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- What a great day to put in some studying while avoiding the wet snow! 02:30:59 PM December 10, 2013 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @TuftsDental Thank you for spreading the word about our extended hours. 12:54:20 PM December 09, 2013 from web in reply to TuftsDental ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsMedSchool: Fist bumping could reduce hospital acquired infections, research shows http://t.co/6HvRZGAlzQ 10:26:01 AM December 09, 2013 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Free coffee today at 7pm on Sackler 4. Study hard and good luck on exams! 11:31:25 AM December 08, 2013 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook