We’d like to take a moment to thank one of our Research and Instruction librarians, Katie Houk. She has worked here at Hirsh for the past three years and has accepted a new faculty position at San Diego State University in their department of Library and Information Access.
Katie has done a lot for the library and has led the PR committee for the past year. There is no doubt she will flourish at San Diego State and we wish her all the best. We will definitely miss her. Congrats!
Leo is back to discuss study room policies. We are introduced to Lizzy who has a bit of a dilemma while studying.
We’d love to hear from you and welcome your questions! You can either drop one off in the designated box at the 4th floor service desk or you may email AskLeo@Tufts.edu. Thank you!
We’re in the middle of Banned Books Week, an annual awareness event that celebrates the freedom to read and draws attention to the detriment of censorship. We often take for granted material that is available to us. There are several websites highlighting this campaign which are listed below.
We at Hirsh actually have a couple of titles that made the top 10 banned books of 2013!
Please give a warm welcome to Jane Natches, our new Electronic Resources and Serials Librarian. She comes to us from Daniel Webster College in New Hampshire where she wore many hats. She was the reference and instruction librarian as well as the serials librarian and the technical systems librarian. Jane has worked for Hirsh before as a circulation assistant and is excited to be back in Boston. Her hobbies include cycling and gardening. In the past she has grown gourds in her garden which she then dried, carved and painted! She’s currently trying her hand at beading. If you see her around the library please feel free to say hello.
Leo is back with another video blog where he discusses the construction on the 6th floor. We are also introduced to Leo’s new friend! Remember to submit questions to AskLeo@tufts.edu or write out a question and place it in our designated box on the 4th floor library service desk.
Leo is back to answer more of your questions about library policies and procedures! Catch him in episode two where he discusses how to use Tufts Tools and announces our new computers! Remember to submit questions to AskLeo@tufts.edu or write out a question and place it in our designated box on the 4th floor library service desk. Enjoy!
Some of you may have noticed that we have brand new laptops! We now have MacBooks and Dells at the 4th floor service desk that are available to checkout for 4 hours! Please give us your feedback on functionality so that we may make improvements if necessary. We hope you enjoy them!
Want to win a gift card for a 1 hour massage at Massage Envy? From noon-1PM July 7th-10th there will be a raffle put on by the Tufts Student National Dental Association. Tickets can be bought near the Food for Thought Cafe during these times. The cost is $3 for 1 or 2 for $5.
Tags4th floor Ask Leo book review book talk celebration circulation congratulations copyright databases electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours facebook food graduation graphs HHSL hhsl event Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch mobile apps new books open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics summer Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Happy Hanukkah! Ways you can eat healthy (and not so healthy) during the holidays: What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/KoWis6zUim 03:21:50 PM December 16, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsNutrition: Watch the recent Friedman Seminar with @USDA 's Jerold Mande on our Vimeo page: http://t.co/qblalbzvEZ #FoodPolicy #Nut… 01:05:07 PM December 16, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TheAtlanticHLTH: Operating tunes: How music helps surgery http://t.co/Ys7XodqWM6 10:38:05 AM December 16, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NPRHealth: A Copper Bedrail Could Cut Back On Infections For Hospital Patients http://t.co/4mLIJJEqb7 02:33:50 PM December 15, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @scifri: Get reading: The Best Science Books of 2014 http://t.co/XYGeHvMzka http://t.co/ngSBtAYaC9 12:57:11 PM December 15, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Last chance for a treat! All you have to do is tweet #coffeeoncall and we'll be up with a cup! 10:59:38 AM December 15, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook