We’d like to give a shout out to the Sackler School for National Bunsen Burner Day. Today we commemorate the birth of the German chemist Robert Wilhelm Eberhard Bunsen, born in 1811.
A Bunsen burner is a long, hollow tube and when combining gas and air, a hot flame is produced.
Take a moment to appreciate this device and its value in science!
The first of our extended hours for 2015 will be this weekend, March 28th-29th, and the Hirsh Library Service Desk will be open 10 am to 10 pm. Our building will be open a bit later on Saturday. Swipe access will end as usual at 11PM, but you may remain in the library until 2AM! So if you find yourself lost in study you won’t have to leave by midnight. Good luck with your exams!
Leo is back with another exciting blog post and this time explores the world of printing! He provides some useful tips so please pay attention. First time using JumboCash? Leo will help you out (along with Lizzy)!
Congratulations class of 2015 on your match! Match Day is an annual event that began in 1952 where medical students learn where they will have their residency program. On Friday, March 20th the service desk on the 4th floor will be closed from 11am-2pm to accommodate celebrations for this event. All other floors will be open for study. Please plan on obtaining laptops and reserve items prior to 11am if you need them. Thank you!
Are you tired of coming to us for a new DynaMed number? Well you’re in luck because there is a new DynaMed Mobile App!
Please follow these instructions for installing the new and improved app!
- Download the free DynaMed App from the iTunes Store or Google Play.
- Go to our library homepage and select DynaMed from our Popular Links drop down menu.
- Select “mobile” from the top banner
- Enter your email address. (An authentication key will be emailed to you.)
- Open the DynaMed email from your device.
- Within 48 hours, tap on the link in the email to authenticate the App. (Note: after 48 hours, you will need to request a new authentication key.)
- Your device is ready to go!
Please feel free to contact a member of staff if you have any questions!
We would like to wish everyone good luck on their remaining exams. It’s hard to believe that the term is ending! Please note the following holiday hours/closings of the Hirsh Library.
Friday, December 19 – Library Service Desk closes at 5PM
Saturday, December 20 to Sunday, December 21 – Closed
Monday, December 22 to Tuesday, December 23 – Library Service Desk open from 7:45AM – 5PM
Wednesday, December 24 to Sunday, December 28 – Closed
Monday, December 29 to Wednesday, December 31 – Library Service Desk open from 7:45Am – 5PM
Thursday, January 1 to Saturday, January 3rd – Closed
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources staff statistics stress relief summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library Under10 website
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @AmerDentalAssn: 7 #tips for your #FourthOfJuly party: https://t.co/1duCbp3xPI #Foodie https://t.co/AmD67YPOpB about 7 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Hilarious! Placebo https://t.co/9of4mcW0eG via @newyorker about 7 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @CBSHealth: Mosquitoes seem to find these types of people irresistible. Are you one of them? https://t.co/7Cn6Tir0Gd https://t.co/46phC… about 10 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @wgbhnews: How The Humble Orange Sweet Potato Won Researchers The World Food Prize https://t.co/leZTZ5IaaB https://t.co/hbOEyvYE51 about 11 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsPR: Researchers at @TuftsDental have reprogrammed non-healing tissue from diabetic foot ulcers as pluripotent stem cells https://t… about 13 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NYTHealth: Germs in the subway are the harmless kind https://t.co/Sz7p3hDMGz 04:15:41 PM June 28, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook