Need a Friday afternoon break? Tomorrow from 2:30-4:00PM you’ll find a number of games and decks of cards to borrow near the service desk on the 4th floor of Sackler. Please feel free grab an empty table and play away! Have fun!
*Images courtesy of Openclipart
We’d like to take a moment to thank one of our Research and Instruction librarians, Katie Houk. She has worked here at Hirsh for the past three years and has accepted a new faculty position at San Diego State University in their department of Library and Information Access.
Katie has done a lot for the library and has led the PR committee for the past year. There is no doubt she will flourish at San Diego State and we wish her all the best. We will definitely miss her. Congrats!
Leo is back to discuss study room policies. We are introduced to Lizzy who has a bit of a dilemma while studying.
We’d love to hear from you and welcome your questions! You can either drop one off in the designated box at the 4th floor service desk or you may email AskLeo@Tufts.edu. Thank you!
We’re in the middle of Banned Books Week, an annual awareness event that celebrates the freedom to read and draws attention to the detriment of censorship. We often take for granted material that is available to us. There are several websites highlighting this campaign which are listed below.
We at Hirsh actually have a couple of titles that made the top 10 banned books of 2013!
Please give a warm welcome to Jane Natches, our new Electronic Resources and Serials Librarian. She comes to us from Daniel Webster College in New Hampshire where she wore many hats. She was the reference and instruction librarian as well as the serials librarian and the technical systems librarian. Jane has worked for Hirsh before as a circulation assistant and is excited to be back in Boston. Her hobbies include cycling and gardening. In the past she has grown gourds in her garden which she then dried, carved and painted! She’s currently trying her hand at beading. If you see her around the library please feel free to say hello.
Leo is back with another video blog where he discusses the construction on the 6th floor. We are also introduced to Leo’s new friend! Remember to submit questions to AskLeo@tufts.edu or write out a question and place it in our designated box on the 4th floor library service desk.
Leo is back to answer more of your questions about library policies and procedures! Catch him in episode two where he discusses how to use Tufts Tools and announces our new computers! Remember to submit questions to AskLeo@tufts.edu or write out a question and place it in our designated box on the 4th floor library service desk. Enjoy!
Tags4th floor Ask Leo book review book talk celebration circulation congratulations copyright databases dental electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food graduation graphs HHSL hhsl event Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch mobile apps new books open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics summer Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @cbquist: Today in 1849, Elizabeth Blackwell became the first woman to earn a medical degree in the United States. http://t.co/Cr0RuqIF5t 03:36:05 PM January 23, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @sgalla: Jordan Smoller, slide on culture of science. #scicomm http://t.co/8Tg8HhVUFM 02:46:31 PM January 23, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Feeling the chill? Have some soup! | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/GSeWgJqmMv http://t.co/GSeWgJqmMv 12:18:54 PM January 23, 2015 from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsUniversity: Winter Storm Watch in effect: Jan 24 12am to 11pm EST MT @NWSBoston Sat storm update. Biggest concern heavy wet snow h… 09:49:38 AM January 23, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @ADANews: What's antitrust go to do with me? Marketplace rules affect dental practices - Find out how. http://t.co/UxShdTHQyu 04:48:36 PM January 22, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Just in time for snow on Sat! RT @sweetfoodie 15 Healthier Lasagnas including skillet, slow cooker, & soup options! http://t.co/u4pJ2MgJuI 01:53:55 PM January 22, 2015 from Twitter Web Client in reply to sweetfoodie ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook