Leo is back to answer more of your questions about library policies and procedures! Catch him in episode two where he discusses how to use Tufts Tools and announces our new computers! Remember to submit questions to AskLeo@tufts.edu or write out a question and place it in our designated box on the 4th floor library service desk. Enjoy!
Some of you may have noticed that we have brand new laptops! We now have MacBooks and Dells at the 4th floor service desk that are available to checkout for 4 hours! Please give us your feedback on functionality so that we may make improvements if necessary. We hope you enjoy them!
Want to win a gift card for a 1 hour massage at Massage Envy? From noon-1PM July 7th-10th there will be a raffle put on by the Tufts Student National Dental Association. Tickets can be bought near the Food for Thought Cafe during these times. The cost is $3 for 1 or 2 for $5.
Please note that from Friday July 4th through Sunday July 6th the library service desk will be closed. Overnight books checked out on Thursday evening will be due back on Monday morning at 9AM. The building will still be open; however, library staff will not be available. We are sorry for any inconvenience.
We wish everyone a wonderful Independence Day!
Welcome to the first episode of Ask Leo. Leo (our friendly skeleton) will be answering questions that patrons have regarding library policies and procedures. Please feel free to contact him by sending an email to AskLeo@tufts.edu with the subject line Ask Leo or you may drop off a question in our designated box at the 4th floor library service desk.
Please welcome our new summer intern, June Thammasnong. Originally from California, she has recently graduated from the Simmons MLIS program and will be helping us with circulation, reference, and teaching. Her favorite thing about being a librarian is connecting people with information resources as well as making connections with people themselves. Outside of work she likes to hunt for ice cream by bicycle and travel whenever she gets a chance. Her last big adventure was in New Zealand but lately she’s been discovering the US. Please give her a warm welcome when you see her around the library.
Please join us in welcoming our new head of Research and Instruction, Becky Morin. She comes to us from the California Academy of Sciences in San Francisco where she was head librarian. A Salem native, she is very excited to be back in Massachusetts and is thrilled to be back home with her beloved Boston Bruins! When not at work she enjoys distance running, cycling, cooking, and hanging out with her three misfit rescue dogs. If you see her around the library please feel free to say hello.
Tags4th floor african american history Ask Leo book review books book talk celebration circulation congratulations databases dental electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours facebook food graduation HHSL hhsl event Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch match day medical school mobile apps new books open access open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review social media staff summer TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @Dentagama: Best #endodontics ruler http://t.co/eyPkTDsAkx about 14 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Great Scholarly Resources That Happen to Be #OpenAccess | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/6YRrcJFxZ0 #OpenAccessWeek2014 about 16 hours ago from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsDental: Having trouble getting your child to the dentist? Here's some tips for how to help overcome #dentalanxiety. http://t.co/gU… 02:00:43 PM October 20, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TIE_Tufts: @tuftsctsi November 13 Translational Research Day 2014 #TranslationalTufts14 #OneHealth info:http://t.co/Q8HpeH0Mbt http://t… 01:02:19 PM October 20, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Happy #OpenAccessWeek 2014! | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/PNCmXE8N0a 10:23:06 AM October 20, 2014 from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Happy Monday! Are your bacteria jet-lagged? http://t.co/6SNNhTUL4B via @NewsfromScience 09:36:29 AM October 20, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook