Please welcome our new summer intern, June Thammasnong. Originally from California, she has recently graduated from the Simmons MLIS program and will be helping us with circulation, reference, and teaching. Her favorite thing about being a librarian is connecting people with information resources as well as making connections with people themselves. Outside of work she likes to hunt for ice cream by bicycle and travel whenever she gets a chance. Her last big adventure was in New Zealand but lately she’s been discovering the US. Please give her a warm welcome when you see her around the library.
Please join us in welcoming our new head of Research and Instruction, Becky Morin. She comes to us from the California Academy of Sciences in San Francisco where she was head librarian. A Salem native, she is very excited to be back in Massachusetts and is thrilled to be back home with her beloved Boston Bruins! When not at work she enjoys distance running, cycling, cooking, and hanging out with her three misfit rescue dogs. If you see her around the library please feel free to say hello.
Happy May Day everyone! This month is National Physical Fitness and Sports Month and why not spend these longer days out and about. There are many things to do in Boston like walk the Freedom Trail, go for a bike ride, train for a fun run, or sail along the Charles! As Boston is “America’s Walking City” there is plenty to explore. Below are some helpful links to help you get fit! Perhaps you’ll start today by participating in a Maypole dance!
Image courtesy of Open Clip Art
Next Tuesday, April 22nd Dr. Dan Jay of the Sackler School with be giving a talk at the Broad Institute for the Cambridge Science Festival. He will discuss how his scientific experience has played a role in the creative process. For more information on his artwork, the talk, and the festival please see the links below.
For all of the Irish (and Irish at heart) we would like to wish you a wonderful St. Patrick’s Day!
We’d also like to share with you our video for the Battle of the Health Sciences Library Bands!
As mentioned in a previous post, we are up against three other health sciences libraries:
- the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library from the University of Virginia
- the William H. Welch Library from Johns Hopkins
- the Lamar Soutter Library from UMass Worcester
Be sure to like our music video posted on our Facebook page today to help us win! Thank you!
Tags4th floor african american history book review books book talk celebration circulation congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours facebook food graduation HHSL hhsl event Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch match day medical school mobile apps new books open access open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review social media staff summer TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @scifri: Today at 2p ET: Why did humans evolve to have a variety of faces? http://t.co/3cVrPr2Tgn http://t.co/VItpCRhKmY 12:17:09 PM September 19, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @nlm_news: It's Whole Grains Month! Are you eating enough? Check out these recipes & more: http://t.co/D9q83Ivmyw 09:51:03 AM September 19, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- HHSL Scan and Borrow Event! | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/IVP0Z5e9nf 02:09:32 PM September 18, 2014 from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NatGeo: Find out where your favorite seafood ranks in sustainability: http://t.co/kqbFjU507J #FutureofFood 08:39:13 AM September 18, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @bmj_latest: Computer games are being designed as healthcare tools because of their power to engage, motivate, and inspire.... http://t.… 03:25:36 PM September 17, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NBCNewsHealth: How Can Diet Sodas Make You Fat? Study May Explain It http://t.co/acH66X9EKj 02:37:32 PM September 17, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook