Please welcome our new summer intern, June Thammasnong. Originally from California, she has recently graduated from the Simmons MLIS program and will be helping us with circulation, reference, and teaching. Her favorite thing about being a librarian is connecting people with information resources as well as making connections with people themselves. Outside of work she likes to hunt for ice cream by bicycle and travel whenever she gets a chance. Her last big adventure was in New Zealand but lately she’s been discovering the US. Please give her a warm welcome when you see her around the library.
Please join us in welcoming our new head of Research and Instruction, Becky Morin. She comes to us from the California Academy of Sciences in San Francisco where she was head librarian. A Salem native, she is very excited to be back in Massachusetts and is thrilled to be back home with her beloved Boston Bruins! When not at work she enjoys distance running, cycling, cooking, and hanging out with her three misfit rescue dogs. If you see her around the library please feel free to say hello.
Happy May Day everyone! This month is National Physical Fitness and Sports Month and why not spend these longer days out and about. There are many things to do in Boston like walk the Freedom Trail, go for a bike ride, train for a fun run, or sail along the Charles! As Boston is “America’s Walking City” there is plenty to explore. Below are some helpful links to help you get fit! Perhaps you’ll start today by participating in a Maypole dance!
Image courtesy of Open Clip Art
Next Tuesday, April 22nd Dr. Dan Jay of the Sackler School with be giving a talk at the Broad Institute for the Cambridge Science Festival. He will discuss how his scientific experience has played a role in the creative process. For more information on his artwork, the talk, and the festival please see the links below.
Tags4th floor african american history book review books book talk celebration circulation congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours facebook food graduation HHSL hhsl event Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch match day medical school mobile apps new books open access open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review social media staff summer TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- TBBC Event: Nuts and Bolts of Life Sciences Consulting on Wed Oct 1 at 4:30 in M&V412. Pizza served! http://t.co/83HOmw1CmR about 18 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Under10 Lunch Spotlight: Viga Italian Eatery & Caterer | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/fhk6Tpn2H5 about 21 hours ago from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Concerns about new bug in the news Enterovirus D68? Check out the facts from @CDCgov. http://t.co/yLEiMNYhev about 22 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NPRHealth: Vaccine Controversies Are As Social As They Are Medical http://t.co/jFZbWRX5TF about 23 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Daily Dose of mind-numbing cuteness: Marmosets Find Videos Educational. http://t.co/L6ISF89XSe 01:54:43 PM September 29, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NPRHealth: A Doctor Unlocks Mysteries of the Brain By Talking And Watching http://t.co/1rc5a15ZoG 09:33:12 AM September 29, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook