Leo is back to discuss study room policies. We are introduced to Lizzy who has a bit of a dilemma while studying.
We’d love to hear from you and welcome your questions! You can either drop one off in the designated box at the 4th floor service desk or you may email AskLeo@Tufts.edu. Thank you!
We’re in the middle of Banned Books Week, an annual awareness event that celebrates the freedom to read and draws attention to the detriment of censorship. We often take for granted material that is available to us. There are several websites highlighting this campaign which are listed below.
We at Hirsh actually have a couple of titles that made the top 10 banned books of 2013!
Please give a warm welcome to Jane Natches, our new Electronic Resources and Serials Librarian. She comes to us from Daniel Webster College in New Hampshire where she wore many hats. She was the reference and instruction librarian as well as the serials librarian and the technical systems librarian. Jane has worked for Hirsh before as a circulation assistant and is excited to be back in Boston. Her hobbies include cycling and gardening. In the past she has grown gourds in her garden which she then dried, carved and painted! She’s currently trying her hand at beading. If you see her around the library please feel free to say hello.
Leo is back with another video blog where he discusses the construction on the 6th floor. We are also introduced to Leo’s new friend! Remember to submit questions to AskLeo@tufts.edu or write out a question and place it in our designated box on the 4th floor library service desk.
Leo is back to answer more of your questions about library policies and procedures! Catch him in episode two where he discusses how to use Tufts Tools and announces our new computers! Remember to submit questions to AskLeo@tufts.edu or write out a question and place it in our designated box on the 4th floor library service desk. Enjoy!
Some of you may have noticed that we have brand new laptops! We now have MacBooks and Dells at the 4th floor service desk that are available to checkout for 4 hours! Please give us your feedback on functionality so that we may make improvements if necessary. We hope you enjoy them!
Want to win a gift card for a 1 hour massage at Massage Envy? From noon-1PM July 7th-10th there will be a raffle put on by the Tufts Student National Dental Association. Tickets can be bought near the Food for Thought Cafe during these times. The cost is $3 for 1 or 2 for $5.
Please note that from Friday July 4th through Sunday July 6th the library service desk will be closed. Overnight books checked out on Thursday evening will be due back on Monday morning at 9AM. The building will still be open; however, library staff will not be available. We are sorry for any inconvenience.
We wish everyone a wonderful Independence Day!
Tags4th floor 6th floor Ask Leo book review book talk celebration circulation congratulations copyright databases dental eBooks electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch match day new books open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review staff summer Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- It's National #BunsenBurnerDay! http://t.co/SBe6VVdJXA about 10 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @DrAnnakaisa: How can #medicalstudents manage stress & avoid burnout? http://t.co/NlnGwXPDXB Discussion at #NEJMForum #meded #burnout MT… about 12 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @sweetfoodie: RT if you’re joining my #nutritionmonth twitter party (+prizes!) tomorrow at 11am PST! #rdchat #healthyliving http://t.co/… 04:52:57 PM March 30, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NatGeo: Caption this image by Yasha Shantha—and don't miss last week's winning captions: http://t.co/qCRtvhHjbt http://t.co/dHJG3cGLhZ 02:28:04 PM March 30, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @nytimeshealth: Well: Endometriosis Is Often Ignored in Teenage Girls http://t.co/QatcjaTaU7 02:25:12 PM March 30, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @tuftsctsi: Sign up now for tomorrow's #SurveyDesign seminar/webcast by @TuftsMedSchool's Susan Koch-Weser http://t.co/tYxy05U83S http:/… 02:24:56 PM March 30, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook