Over the next two weekends the library service desk will have extended hours so that you can study longer for your exams! On December 6th, 7th, 13th, and 14th we are open 10AM-10PM. We should also note that this year, since the T is running later, our building will be open a bit later on Saturday. Swipe access will end as usual at 11PM, but you may remain in the library until 2AM! So if you find yourself lost in study you won’t have to leave by midnight. Good luck with your exams!
We’d like to officially announce the re-opening of the sixth floor in Sackler! Everything has passed inspection and can be fully utilized. Thank you all for your patience while the construction was going on. We’d also like to thank everyone who was involved with the transformation. We hope you enjoy the new classroom as well as the continued use of study space.
ILLiad will be unavailable on Sunday October 12th from 6:00am – 10:00am due to a system upgrade. Please plan your work accordingly. We are sorry for the inconvenience. If you have any questions or comments please call 617-636-6705 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need a Friday afternoon break? Tomorrow from 2:30-4:00PM you’ll find a number of games and decks of cards to borrow near the service desk on the 4th floor of Sackler. Please feel free grab an empty table and play away! Have fun!
*Images courtesy of Openclipart
We’d like to take a moment to thank one of our Research and Instruction librarians, Katie Houk. She has worked here at Hirsh for the past three years and has accepted a new faculty position at San Diego State University in their department of Library and Information Access.
Katie has done a lot for the library and has led the PR committee for the past year. There is no doubt she will flourish at San Diego State and we wish her all the best. We will definitely miss her. Congrats!
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources staff statistics stress relief summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library Under10 website
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @TuftsUniversity: Check out @GreenTufts' tips for making move-in -- and your whole year -- more sustainable: https://t.co/blOBqxsfxc #su… about 3 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NPR: Dogs are being used to help people w/diabetes detect low blood sugar, but are they reliable?https://t.co/oeDxMSSfVv https://t.co/4… about 5 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsUniversity: Experts from @TuftsNutrition have tips for how to stay hydrated on these hot summer days: https://t.co/zoqLPn2280 http… 10:09:31 AM July 28, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @Harvard: Quitting smoking during the second half of the menstrual cycle may help women kick the habit https://t.co/k6q7PR2aof https://t… 08:31:20 AM July 28, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsMedSchool: Asst. Prof. Pei-Jung Lin finds 1 in 10 Alzheimer's patients at risk for avoidable hospital stays: https://t.co/sUyVPnkI… 02:54:52 PM July 27, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @HarvardChanSPH: Making it easier to calculate the costs—and benefits—of immunization https://t.co/OFC3M87Uf1 https://t.co/GtwCDmN05q 11:59:54 AM July 27, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook