We’d like to officially announce the re-opening of the sixth floor in Sackler! Everything has passed inspection and can be fully utilized. Thank you all for your patience while the construction was going on. We’d also like to thank everyone who was involved with the transformation. We hope you enjoy the new classroom as well as the continued use of study space.
ILLiad will be unavailable on Sunday October 12th from 6:00am – 10:00am due to a system upgrade. Please plan your work accordingly. We are sorry for the inconvenience. If you have any questions or comments please call 617-636-6705 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need a Friday afternoon break? Tomorrow from 2:30-4:00PM you’ll find a number of games and decks of cards to borrow near the service desk on the 4th floor of Sackler. Please feel free grab an empty table and play away! Have fun!
*Images courtesy of Openclipart
We’d like to take a moment to thank one of our Research and Instruction librarians, Katie Houk. She has worked here at Hirsh for the past three years and has accepted a new faculty position at San Diego State University in their department of Library and Information Access.
Katie has done a lot for the library and has led the PR committee for the past year. There is no doubt she will flourish at San Diego State and we wish her all the best. We will definitely miss her. Congrats!
Leo is back to discuss study room policies. We are introduced to Lizzy who has a bit of a dilemma while studying.
We’d love to hear from you and welcome your questions! You can either drop one off in the designated box at the 4th floor service desk or you may email AskLeo@Tufts.edu. Thank you!
We’re in the middle of Banned Books Week, an annual awareness event that celebrates the freedom to read and draws attention to the detriment of censorship. We often take for granted material that is available to us. There are several websites highlighting this campaign which are listed below.
We at Hirsh actually have a couple of titles that made the top 10 banned books of 2013!
Tags4th floor 5th floor 6th floor Ask Leo book review books circulation copyright databases eBooks electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours library service desk library staff lunch new books new resource open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics stress relief summer therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website writing consultants
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Welcome @TuftsDental Class of 2019! We're looking forward to meeting you all! about 4 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @theNCI: Does someone who inherits a cancer-predisposing mutation always get cancer? No, and here's why: http://t.co/zK2G07tiwX about 5 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NPR: How the stethoscope sparked a culture of listening http://t.co/1LyEKVw1dQ @christophjoyce @NPRHealth http://t.co/aLlSqbdzjN about 7 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NPRHealth: A Sense Of Self: What Happens When Your Brain Says You Don't Exist http://t.co/xjypUdMK5q 02:42:43 PM July 28, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @sciam: Melting Mummies Are on Thin Ice, Thanks to Climate Change http://t.co/YT82Xrh1kf #science 12:22:14 PM July 28, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Writing Consultants sessions are resuming 8/2 with a new schedule! | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/gGwL50TkmN 12:12:14 PM July 28, 2015 from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook