Over the next two weekends the library service desk will have extended hours so that you can study longer for your exams! On December 6th, 7th, 13th, and 14th we are open 10AM-10PM. We should also note that this year, since the T is running later, our building will be open a bit later on Saturday. Swipe access will end as usual at 11PM, but you may remain in the library until 2AM! So if you find yourself lost in study you won’t have to leave by midnight. Good luck with your exams!
We’d like to officially announce the re-opening of the sixth floor in Sackler! Everything has passed inspection and can be fully utilized. Thank you all for your patience while the construction was going on. We’d also like to thank everyone who was involved with the transformation. We hope you enjoy the new classroom as well as the continued use of study space.
ILLiad will be unavailable on Sunday October 12th from 6:00am – 10:00am due to a system upgrade. Please plan your work accordingly. We are sorry for the inconvenience. If you have any questions or comments please call 617-636-6705 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need a Friday afternoon break? Tomorrow from 2:30-4:00PM you’ll find a number of games and decks of cards to borrow near the service desk on the 4th floor of Sackler. Please feel free grab an empty table and play away! Have fun!
*Images courtesy of Openclipart
We’d like to take a moment to thank one of our Research and Instruction librarians, Katie Houk. She has worked here at Hirsh for the past three years and has accepted a new faculty position at San Diego State University in their department of Library and Information Access.
Katie has done a lot for the library and has led the PR committee for the past year. There is no doubt she will flourish at San Diego State and we wish her all the best. We will definitely miss her. Congrats!
Tags4th floor 6th floor Ask Leo book review circulation copyright databases eBooks electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books new resource open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics stress relief summer therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website writing consultants
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Psychology Is Not in Crisis http://t.co/EOffFh8zMr about 9 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @wgbh: Watch two talks from the great writer and neurologist #OliverSacks, presented by the @ForumNetwork: http://t.co/lHE35t8RX1 02:03:40 PM August 31, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @ginakolata: Cholesterol dilemma with new drugs. http://t.co/Fr1JNJ3O18 01:21:58 PM August 31, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Summer of Science | How Often Is B.M.I. Misleading? | http://t.co/trLSbOgEbG http://t.co/zfWBKOiMOp 09:32:45 AM August 31, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Remembering Dr. Oliver Sacks: Via @NPR: Oliver Sacks Was A Boundless Explorer Of The Human Brain http://t.co/G0LvTiVtmp 08:49:18 AM August 31, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Many Psychology Findings Not as Strong as Claimed, Study Says http://t.co/eKoSaKazmn 09:10:00 AM August 28, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook