ILLiad will be unavailable on Sunday October 12th from 6:00am – 10:00am due to a system upgrade. Please plan your work accordingly. We are sorry for the inconvenience. If you have any questions or comments please call 617-636-6705 or email email@example.com.
Need a Friday afternoon break? Tomorrow from 2:30-4:00PM you’ll find a number of games and decks of cards to borrow near the service desk on the 4th floor of Sackler. Please feel free grab an empty table and play away! Have fun!
*Images courtesy of Openclipart
We’d like to take a moment to thank one of our Research and Instruction librarians, Katie Houk. She has worked here at Hirsh for the past three years and has accepted a new faculty position at San Diego State University in their department of Library and Information Access.
Katie has done a lot for the library and has led the PR committee for the past year. There is no doubt she will flourish at San Diego State and we wish her all the best. We will definitely miss her. Congrats!
Leo is back to discuss study room policies. We are introduced to Lizzy who has a bit of a dilemma while studying.
We’d love to hear from you and welcome your questions! You can either drop one off in the designated box at the 4th floor service desk or you may email AskLeo@Tufts.edu. Thank you!
We’re in the middle of Banned Books Week, an annual awareness event that celebrates the freedom to read and draws attention to the detriment of censorship. We often take for granted material that is available to us. There are several websites highlighting this campaign which are listed below.
We at Hirsh actually have a couple of titles that made the top 10 banned books of 2013!
Please give a warm welcome to Jane Natches, our new Electronic Resources and Serials Librarian. She comes to us from Daniel Webster College in New Hampshire where she wore many hats. She was the reference and instruction librarian as well as the serials librarian and the technical systems librarian. Jane has worked for Hirsh before as a circulation assistant and is excited to be back in Boston. Her hobbies include cycling and gardening. In the past she has grown gourds in her garden which she then dried, carved and painted! She’s currently trying her hand at beading. If you see her around the library please feel free to say hello.
Leo is back with another video blog where he discusses the construction on the 6th floor. We are also introduced to Leo’s new friend! Remember to submit questions to AskLeo@tufts.edu or write out a question and place it in our designated box on the 4th floor library service desk.
Tags4th floor 6th floor Ask Leo book review book talk circulation congratulations copyright databases dental eBooks electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours library service desk library staff lunch match day new books open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review staff stress relief summer therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month writing consultants
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Memorial Day Hours http://t.co/eMPK8M9S0n http://t.co/G5kt2UiNUV about 23 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Check out this pic - very fun! https://t.co/W8teHs34vN about 23 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- One Town Is Going to Try Not Arresting Heroin Users http://t.co/ny4GrvRoy4 via @tnr about 23 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsPR: What's the deal with GMOs? #Tufts nutrition expert Alice Lichtenstein weighs in http://t.co/3gI3RI698G (via @CNN) 08:33:58 AM May 21, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- David Sackett | Clinical Epidemiology Pioneer Dies https://t.co/kuluG81jnB via @sharethis 02:51:34 PM May 20, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NYTHealth: Well: Scientists Unravel How Flu Vaccine Reduces Risk of a Cancer http://t.co/EZ660IREFv 12:30:53 PM May 20, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook