Starting today, October 7th, a personal account will be required to access the full features of the LWW Health Library. Creating a personal account ensures that you will be able to print from resources and save materials to PDF, such as eBook chapters.
Personal accounts for the LWW Health Library are free for members of the Tufts community. If you have any questions, please call us at 617-636-6705 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
October open workshops are just around the corner! If you’re interested in any of the workshops below, we encourage you to register here.
- Web of Science & Scopus, October 5th @ 4-5pm
- Point-of-Care & Mobile Resources, October 11th @ 9-10am | October 12th @ 4-5pm
- Data Management Essentials, October 18th @ 9-10am | October 19th @ 4-5pm
- Disseminating Your Research, October 25th @ 9-10am | October 26th @ 4-5pm
Interested in a workshop, but can’t make it due to a scheduling conflict? You can always request a workshop on demand if you and at least one other person would like to attend! More information about workshops on demand can be found here.
As the Fall semester begins, the Hirsh Health Sciences Library is ready to launch the next series of Open Workshops! These workshops will cover many different research topics, such as learning how to begin a literature search, managing your citations with EndNote, learning about open access, and more. See our Open Workshops page for more information, including complete workshop descriptions and schedules.
We’d also like to introduce Workshops on Demand. If you and your colleagues are interested in a workshop, but cannot attend due to a conflicting schedule, you can now request a Workshop on Demand: just let us know what your group is interested in, and we’ll create a workshop that works for you!
If you have any questions about Open Workshops, or Workshops on Demand, please call the library service desk at 617-636-6705, or email us at email@example.com.
Everyone here at the Hirsh Health Sciences Library would like to welcome the new medical class of 2020! We look forward to meeting you at library orientation today, August 9th, where you’ll get the chance to learn more about the library and all the resources that are available to you. (We’ve had a few renovations since the photo above was taken in 1907).
Your pre-clinical liaison librarian is Stephen Gabrielson, so don’t hesitate to contact him if you have any questions or need any library help!
A big hello from the Hirsh Health Sciences Library to all the new residents starting this summer! We’re looking forward to helping you with any research questions or information needs that you might have.
A quick reminder about library access: at library orientation, you were given a temporary access number. Keep your eyes peeled for a letter from Tufts that will include your Tufts username! That will be your permanent way of accessing library resources from off-campus.
Did you miss your letter, or have questions about setting up your Tufts username and password? Contact Tufts Technology Services at 617-627-3376 or at firstname.lastname@example.org and they will be able to assist you.
Congratulations class of 2016 on your match! Match Day is an annual event that began in 1952 where medical students learn where they will have their residency program. On Friday, March 18th the service desk on the 4th floor will be closed from 11am-2pm to accommodate celebrations for this event. All other floors will be open for study. Please plan on obtaining laptops and reserve items prior to 11am if you need them. Thank you!
Calling all 2nd year medical students! This is a reminder that next week on November 9th there will be a “Step One Fair” that will help you start preparing for the first step of the medical boards. If you want to learn more about USMLE Easy, there will be a representative from McGraw-Hill attending, as well as a few friendly librarians, who can fill you in on the resources the library has to help you prepare for the first board exam.
See you there!
Have you heard about BrowZine yet? Here’s a little background info: BrowZine is a mobile app designed for Apple and Android devices. It has a great interface that is designed for browsing journals that the library has access to, and it also allows you to download articles straight to your device!
If you prefer to use your desktop or laptop computer for this kind of thing, BrowZine has just released a version designed for your web browser! Check it out at www.browzine.com. If you’re on campus, you’ll be brought straight into the BrowZine library. If you’re at home, select Tufts University and login with your normal Tufts username and password to start using BrowZine on your computer.
Don’t have BrowZine on your phone or tablet yet? Click here to get started!
It doesn’t seem too long ago the last time we shared what new books the library had acquired…but since then, we’ve added even more to our collection! There’s not much in the way of new leisure reading books this time around, but rest assured–we’ve got some more fiction titles coming soon. In the meantime…
- Alzheimer’s Disease by Alia Bucciarelli (Faculty publication!)
- Graphic Medicine Manifesto
- Stuffed and Starved: the Hidden Battle for the World Food System
- The Teaching Hospital: Bringham and Women’s Hospital and the Evolution of Academic Medicine
- Why Medicine? And 500 Other Questions for the Medical School and Residency Interviews
Did we miss something? If there’s a book out there that the library doesn’t own, and you think we should, let us know!
The library is offering several different open workshops this semester on topics like PubMed, Point-of-Care/Mobile Resources, and Open Access Week, just to name a few! These open workshops are a great opportunity to learn about a new research tool or to brush up on your research skills. Take a look at the HHSL Open Workshops Calendar for dates, descriptions, and to register for one (or many!) workshops. Sessions are held most Wednesdays and Thursdays in Sackler 510 at 12pm.
See you there!
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources staff statistics summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library website welcome!
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @nytimeswell: Should the Food Industry Sneak Vegetables Into Food? https://t.co/UZ8BhdsTiq about 8 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- BBC News - US life expectancy declines for first time in 20 years https://t.co/jrCoGOLXY5 about 10 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- LED technology from MIT to be used by startup working on Alzheimer’s treatment https://t.co/iFhz8P6XTG via @BostonGlobe 03:51:44 PM December 07, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Even a Cigarette a Day Is Bad for Your Health https://t.co/eTDSJr0N1r 02:57:59 PM December 07, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @marionnestle: House Ag Committee SNAP report just out. Bland. Whew. https://t.co/ITnotDEjvc 08:51:00 AM December 07, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Join us at the intersection of craft and snack...make a gingerbread house! 12/8 + 12/9 at 12pm | What's New @ HHSL https://t.co/QMBX8AaqVx 03:34:28 PM December 06, 2016 from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook