Now available for check-out at HHSL:
The Way We Work: Getting to Know the Amazing Human Body by David Macaulay
[Location: HHSL New Books Shelf]
“This comprehensive and entertaining resource reveals the inner workings of the human body and all of its systems and mechanisms, as only David Macaulay could. Page after page of beautifully illustrated spreads detail everything from cells to the bones and organs they build, clearly explaining the function of each, and offering up-close glimpses, unique cross-sections and perspectives, and even a little humor along the way.” Check it out!
But wait, there are even more new books!
- How to Teach in Clinical Settings by Mary Seabrook
- 100 Cases in Clinical Medicine by P John Rees
- Digital Image Quality in Medicine by Oleg S. Pianykh
- The Stone Diaries by Carol Shields
Need a break from your textbook? Head over to the library’s leisure reading section on the fourth floor and browse the new books that we’ve recently added to our collection. Here’s an example of some of the new titles that are available to check-out:
- Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami
- Seven Moves by Carol Anshaw
- One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- The Headmaster’s Wife by Thomas Christopher Greene
- The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
- McCarthy’s Bar by Pete McCarthy
Indulge yourself with a book! If you find something that you’d like to read but we don’t own, let us know by recommending a purchase.
Keep your eyes peeled on St. Patrick’s Day for the Battle of the Health Sciences Library Bands! We’ll be posting a video of a group of HHSL librarians playing and singing the Irish tune Rare Old Mountain Dew in competition with three other health sciences libraries:
- the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library from the University of Virginia
- the William H. Welch Library from Johns Hopkins
- the Lamar Soutter Library from UMass Worcester
Be sure to like our music video posted on our Facebook page on Monday, March 17th, to help Hirsh’s band – Jumbo Go Bragh – win!
Psychiatry Online is a new resource here at HHSL that offers electronic access to many publications from the American Psychiatry Association, which includes both eBooks and journals. One of the highlights from this resource is the DSM-5—the newest edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. Also available are the two companion books to the DSM-5: Handbook of Differential Diagnosis and Clinical Cases.
Here’s a list of journals that you can access through Psychiatry Online:
- The American Journal of Psychiatry
- Psychiatric Services
- Academic Psychiatry
- Journal of Neuropsychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences
- Psychiatric News
To explore Psychiatry Online and see what else it has to offer, head over to the library’s catalog here: http://bit.ly/1hiL8YU
Hello everyone! The library has recently added some new titles to its collection. Here are a few, make sure to check them out:
- The Ghost Map: The Story of London’s Most Terrifying Epidemic—and How It Changed Science, Cities, and the Modern World by Steven Johnson.
- A Big Fat Crisis: The Hidden Forces Behind the Obesity Epidemic—and How We Can End It by M.D. Deborah Cohen
- The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
- Do Good Well: Your Guide to Leadership, Action, and Social Innovation by Nina Vasan
- The Cure in the Code: How 20th Century Law is Undermining 21st Century Medicine by Peter W. Huber
- Enhancing the Professional Culture of Academic Health Science Centers: Creating and Sustaining Research Communities edited by Thomas S. Inui and Richard M. Frankel
Is there a book that you’d like to see on our shelves? Let us know by filling out this form: http://www.library.tufts.edu/hsl/resources/purchase_request.html
Tags4th floor 5th floor african american history apps book review books book talk celebration ClinicalKey Clinical Key congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources facebook feedback graduation HHSL hhsl event holidays homepage hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff match day medical school medicine new resource open access open workshop portals president's day recipes resources social media staff technology TUSM twitter website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @TuftsDental: Did you know that April is Oral Cancer Awareness Month? Make sure you are receiving regular oral cancer exams- early detec… 11:06:17 AM April 19, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @theNCI: The Team Science Toolkit has more than 800 resources to enhance team-based research. Check it out! http://t.co/U6STjytFIj 12:20:32 PM April 18, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsMedicalCtr: RT @USNewsHealth: Don't worry, be happy! @jeffhalevy explains how to kill #stress with kindness: http://t.co/REpVZJeiYR 12:20:01 PM April 18, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TEDTalks: "Diets may seem harmless, but they actually do a lot of collateral damage." Here's why: http://t.co/4edQHQ2to0 12:19:41 PM April 18, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @sciam: Morning Light Exposure Tied To Lower Weight http://t.co/XtUv44rYee 12:19:18 PM April 18, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Have a Great Long Weekend! | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/9FF4Tz0PfH 10:07:11 AM April 18, 2014 from bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook