Becky comes to us from Boston University, with a degree in Information Management and Preservation from the University of Glasgow, Scotland. Here at Hirsh she’ll be running the Reserve collection, but she also has a strong interest in archiving, particularly with digital collections. She also is a photography volunteer for the Nave Gallery of Somerville, and has been recruited as the photographer here at our library.
Becky will be working Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursday – Saturday, so feel free to come say hi! If you have any questions for her regarding the library as a whole or our Reserves collection in particular, she can be reached at email@example.com, or at 617.636.2454.
Welcome, Becky. It’s good to have you here!
This July, two of the members of HHSL will be presenting a research poster at the American Library Association Annual Conference in Chicago, Illinois, and we are excited for them to have this opportunity!
The presenters are Katie Houk, Information Services Librarian, and Kate Thornhill, Collections Management Assistant. The poster is titled “Are Academic Health Sciences Library Facebook Pages Self-Serving?”
They’ll be presenting on Sunday, July 1, from 1:30-2:00 pm. Good luck to them both!
This Saturday, May 18, the Service Desk on the 4th floor will be closed, as there is a reception for graduates that will be taking place.
We at the Hirsh Health Sciences Library would like to wish a hearty congratulations to all of the students graduating this weekend! They all put a stupendous amount of work into their degrees, and deserve every bit of adulation.
We’d also like to offer a special congrats to the graduates who have been working here at HHSL: Mikhael Andaya, Shugufa Basij-Rasikh, Joseph Ogbonna, and Sharda Patel. Thank you for all of your hard work and help, and we wish you the best of luck in your future careers!
Have a good weekend, and congratulations again!
Would you like a job with flexible hours and great coworkers?
The HHSL Service Desk is hiring, and we’re looking for students to come join us!
If you’re interested, you can come on by the desk on the 4th floor of Sackler and fill out a brief application. We would love to have you come join the team.
Hope to hear from you soon!
Tags4th floor 5th floor african american history apps book review books book talk celebration circulation Clinical Key ClinicalKey congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources facebook feedback graduation HHSL hhsl event holidays homepage hours Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff match day medical school medicine new resource open access open workshop portals president's day PubMed resources social media staff technology TUSM twitter website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- TBBC event: A Career in Venture & BD without an MBA, with Dr. Sweeney, Tue, March 18, 5PM in Sackler 114W. For info: http://t.co/L71MWGrbtN. about 1 hour ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @nnlmpnr: New Drug Information subject guide. National Library of Medicine answers most frequently asked questions http://t.co/vIULYhthBb about 1 hour ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NIH_ORWH: .@theNCI scientist Dr. Elaine Jaffe on balancing career & life, p. 29 http://t.co/cU5WFXfaaL #WomensHistoryMonth http://t.c… about 1 hour ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- http://t.co/1zz6n3JuKp St. Paddy's Day fun on the way- vote Mon & help us win BotB! @TuftsDental @JMHNRCA @NutritionCerts 09:52:08 AM March 12, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsTech: Vaxess has been selected as ViE Award finalist for #silk based #vaccine stabilization technology: http://t.co/YdzgdAGm7j 09:51:37 AM March 12, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @scifri: Happy World Wide Web anniversary! http://t.co/rdbiJyYHY9 Submitted 25 years today: "Information Management: A Proposal." #vagu… 09:46:03 AM March 12, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook