We are excited to congratulate our Tufts dental class of 2016 on their new white coats! Students were presented with their coats, symbols of becoming junior colleagues in professional dentistry, during a mid-morning ceremony held at the Boston Sheraton Hotel on Sunday, September 22nd.
As explained in the announcement of invitations, “The donning of a white coat symbolizes the adoption of the ethical and professional tenets of the health care profession as students begin assuming patient care responsibilities in the School’s predoctoral clinics.”
After a prolonged illness, Jane Desforges, MD passed away on September 7th.
Dr. Desforges spent much of her career at Tufts Medical School and Tufts Medical Center. Dr. Deforges was one of five women to graduate from TUSM in 1945 and during her 60-year career was considered one of the nation’s leading academic hematologists. For over 30 years she was the associate editor of New England Journal of Medicine and received the TUSM’s Outstanding Teacher Award for thirteen consecutive years. Dr. Jane Desforges was an icon of American medicine and will be greatly missed. Her funeral will be held this coming Saturday.
Need anatomy resources? We’ve got them!
Books, models and 3-D online resources. Spin it around, see what is where, how it connects to something else and what it does.
Start here: http://researchguides.library.tufts.edu/content.php?pid=445893&sid=3653782
Need more? Browse QS on the 5th floor or ask us at the Library Service Desk.
Recently, the Tufts University libraries banded together and instituted an entirely new way to order books from within our library system. You no longer have to log into ILLiad to order a book from Tisch, Ginn, Vet, or any of the other Tufts University libraries – for now on, it’s is as easy as 1-2-3!
Step 3: Make sure your location on the drop-down menu says “Hirsh Health Sciences Library,” add a date if it’s a dated request (for instance, if it’s for a research paper, and won’t be any use after the paper’s due date passes), and click Submit. You’re done!
You’re all set! If the book is available, then your request will generally show up in around 2 – 3 business days. Feel free to visit the desk or call us at 617.636.6706 if you have any questions or run into any problems.
No, really. Starting at 11:30 am today at the Library Service Desk on Sackler 4 there will be booktrucks with a variety of titles. Come, look, take!
See you then.
We have a new part-time Circulation Assistant! We’d like to welcome Stephen Gabrielson, who has made the trek all the way from sunny California. Along with working in the library, he has recently started the MLIS program at Simmons and will be focusing on art librarianship/digital humanities. His previous degree was in art history. He is also interning at the JFK library.
You may have noticed staff surveying the floors of the library and wondered what they were up to.
What is being recorded on those Ipads when they are walking around? Does this affect me in any way?
The Hirsh Health Sciences Library has started conducting a statistical survey to find out how many people are using the library, how resources are being utilized, and when it is being used most. This information helps us to identify how patrons use the space and what we can do to make improvements in the future. Rest assured, we are NOT recording any identifying information. We hope that this data will help provide valuable information that will aid in future decision making. If you have any questions please feel free to ask us.
Catalogue the library cat and Leo the library skeleton discuss course reserves!
New to the library? Wondering how you can print, photocopy, and scan your documents? What is JumboCash and how does it work? You can find all of your answers on the Hirsh Health Sciences Library website.
- You may add money to your account by using the JumboCash machine on the library 4th floor (cash only) or online at http://www.jumbocash.net/
- Printing Costs:
- Black & white: $.10/page
- Color: $.30/page
- Default is duplex/double-sided printing: $.15/pag
- Scanners are located in front of the 5th floor IT desk and are free to use
- Photocopiers are located on the 5th and 6th floors and black & white copies cost $.10 per page
Feel free to ask a member of staff if you need assistance.
Join the Hirsh Health Sciences Library in welcoming back Dr. Randy Christensen, who will be speaking about his book, “Ask Me Why I Hurt.”
Enjoy cookies and coffee as a midday snack in Sackler 516 as Dr. Christensen discusses his inspiring work as a traveling doctor treating homeless children and adolescents.
Tags4th floor 5th floor african american history alumni apps book review books book talk celebration circulation ClinicalKey Clinical Key conference congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources facebook graduation HHSL holidays homepage hours Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff match day medical school medicine new resource open access portals presentation publication resources social media staff technology toolkits TUSM twitter website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @TuftsUniversity: Timothy Wise of @GDAEatTufts writes this post on food security in India: http://t.co/NXQl4Crqmm about 18 hours ago from TweetCaster for Android ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsMedSchool: Lunch Discussion with @AMorrisSinger, President of Primary Care Progress: Thursday 12/12 at 12:00pm in Sackler 221 09:08:31 AM December 06, 2013 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @BioMedCentral: Curry compound helps kill #cancer with the help of nanoparticles! http://t.co/vBiyYro62p (Here it is!) http://t.co/U2xGJ… 07:37:18 AM December 06, 2013 from TweetCaster for Android ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsUniversity: New Center for Global Public Health for @TuftsMedSchool: http://t.co/op0xoeQM42 02:35:38 PM December 05, 2013 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Extended Library Service Desk Hours | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/nJLNwjCahh 12:52:12 PM December 05, 2013 from bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsDental: Stop by Sackler's 4th floor to buy homemade cookie mix from the American Association of Women Dentists- today and tomorrow… 11:33:50 AM December 05, 2013 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook