Schoolwork stressing you out? Got the winter blues? Hirsh Library and the Student Advisory & Health Administration Office (SAHA) are here to help! We love you and know you’re working hard, so we’re joining forces to bring you a week filled with fun activities to help you de-stress.
Here are the events in the library:
Tuesday 2/9, 2:30pm
Library Study Break: Afternoon Tea
Take a study break and join us on Sackler 4 for tea and treats
Thursday 2/11 and Friday 2/12, 12pm
Library Fun Lab: Valentine’s Crafts
Drop-in and make a valentine! We’ll have a variety of supplies out so you can craft something to show your love or appreciation for a friend, family member, or that special someone (your favorite librarian, perhaps?).
Keep an eye out for SAHA’s events on Wednesday and Friday:
Wednesday 2/10, All Day
Kisses and Inspiration
The Student Wellness Advisor will be roaming around campus delivering sweets and encouragement
Friday 2/12, 2pm
Unconditional Love from Furry Friends
Come to Sackler 114 and unwind before the holiday weekend with therapy dogs, healthy snacks, and a chocolate fountain!
You’re hard at work preparing for finals, but that doesn’t mean you have to miss out on holiday cheer! Take a break, stretch your legs, and head down to the library service desk on Thursday or Friday afternoon. We’ll have the supplies for graham cracker gingerbread houses, coffee-filter snowflakes, and more!
It’s that wonderful time of the year again. Yes, that’s right. It’s turkey time! Starting at 12pm this Thursday 11/19 and Friday 11/20, you can stop by the Library Service Desk and create your own feathered friend to bring home to Mom (or back to your study carrel). We’ll have a variety of materials out so you can create anything your heart desires, from the simple and majestic hand turkey (our personal favorite) to 3D pinecone poultry. Don’t have time to delve into a craft? Just lend a hand–we only need the outline!–to the giant library turkey we plan to make.
See you there!
Fall is finally here! Join us at the Library Service Desk at 12pm on 10/23 to take a break, relax, and decorate a pumpkin to adorn your apartment or study carrel. We’ll have all the necessary supplies for creating gorgeous gourds: pumpkins, paint, glitter, feathers, googly eyes, and more. The supplies will be out all afternoon, so stop by when you have a chance. Hope to see you there!
We always hope our crafts help you relax and have a bit of fun, but in honor of National Stress Awareness Month, we chose the ones this week with stress reduction specifically in mind.
We’ll have glass stones you can decorate to motivate you, make you smile, or give you a bit of luck on your work! We’ll also have some coloring pages so you can engage in meditative coloring…or just make a sweet dinosaur to stick on the wall of your study carrel. And, as always, we’ll have a bunch of construction paper, pipe cleaners, and googly eyes so you can let your creativity run wild!
So stop by the 4th floor desk starting at 2pm and unwind!
Need a study break? Drop by the Circulation Desk every Tuesday between 2-8pm and get competitive with a board game (we have Operation!) or relax with a puzzle–the choice is yours! We’ll have a selection of entertaining diversions out for you to enjoy on the 4th floor.
Want to play a game on a different day of the week? No problem! Just ask at the desk–we’d be happy to hand one over.
Buried under snow and studies? Cheer yourself up by coming to the 4th floor desk this Friday from 2-4pm! We’ll have a variety of supplies for you to make valentines for yourself, your friends, or that special someone (your favorite librarian, perhaps?).
It doesn’t matter if your skill level is this:
Just come and have some fun!
Need a break this Friday afternoon? Stop by the Library Service Desk from 2-4pm to unwind!
We have a number of games, puzzles, and decks of cards for you to borrow and have added dreidels to our collection for some holiday fun. Feel free to grab a table and play away!
We will also have a number of craft supplies out so you can create some wintery decorations for your apartment or study carrel.
Hope to see you there!
Tags4th floor 5th floor Ask Leo book review circulation crafts data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics summer Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website writing consultants
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @NPRHealth: The Risks (And Unexpected Benefits) Of Sending Health Students Abroad https://t.co/X0r3FaYLdc about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NPR: It takes 35M acres of corn to feed U.S. ethanol plants; @nprDanCharles can't think of any ag product to top that: https://t.co/ZeE… about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NYU_HSL: Repositories & journals are great places to store data? Consider https://t.co/63mFZ0SklY or https://t.co/JIDa14X7Ak https://t.… about 4 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsMedSchool: Meningitis outbreak in CA in spite of vaccinations- Pediatrics Prof. Cody Meissner weighs in on their effectiveness htt… about 4 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NYTHealth: A new study has raised red flags about doctor-assisted death for people with psychiatric disorders https://t.co/5z2ItxmpVE about 6 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @lisagualtieri: Lego person from @datatorrent rests in @Misfit band while visiting https://t.co/VHQZHpvTbG. Next stop is #HIMSS16 https:… 01:26:31 PM February 10, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook