It’s that wonderful time of the year again. Yes, that’s right. It’s turkey time! Starting at 12pm this Thursday 11/19 and Friday 11/20, you can stop by the Library Service Desk and create your own feathered friend to bring home to Mom (or back to your study carrel). We’ll have a variety of materials out so you can create anything your heart desires, from the simple and majestic hand turkey (our personal favorite) to 3D pinecone poultry. Don’t have time to delve into a craft? Just lend a hand–we only need the outline!–to the giant library turkey we plan to make.
See you there!
Fall is finally here! Join us at the Library Service Desk at 12pm on 10/23 to take a break, relax, and decorate a pumpkin to adorn your apartment or study carrel. We’ll have all the necessary supplies for creating gorgeous gourds: pumpkins, paint, glitter, feathers, googly eyes, and more. The supplies will be out all afternoon, so stop by when you have a chance. Hope to see you there!
We always hope our crafts help you relax and have a bit of fun, but in honor of National Stress Awareness Month, we chose the ones this week with stress reduction specifically in mind.
We’ll have glass stones you can decorate to motivate you, make you smile, or give you a bit of luck on your work! We’ll also have some coloring pages so you can engage in meditative coloring…or just make a sweet dinosaur to stick on the wall of your study carrel. And, as always, we’ll have a bunch of construction paper, pipe cleaners, and googly eyes so you can let your creativity run wild!
So stop by the 4th floor desk starting at 2pm and unwind!
Need a study break? Drop by the Circulation Desk every Tuesday between 2-8pm and get competitive with a board game (we have Operation!) or relax with a puzzle–the choice is yours! We’ll have a selection of entertaining diversions out for you to enjoy on the 4th floor.
Want to play a game on a different day of the week? No problem! Just ask at the desk–we’d be happy to hand one over.
Buried under snow and studies? Cheer yourself up by coming to the 4th floor desk this Friday from 2-4pm! We’ll have a variety of supplies for you to make valentines for yourself, your friends, or that special someone (your favorite librarian, perhaps?).
It doesn’t matter if your skill level is this:
Just come and have some fun!
Need a break this Friday afternoon? Stop by the Library Service Desk from 2-4pm to unwind!
We have a number of games, puzzles, and decks of cards for you to borrow and have added dreidels to our collection for some holiday fun. Feel free to grab a table and play away!
We will also have a number of craft supplies out so you can create some wintery decorations for your apartment or study carrel.
Hope to see you there!
The Hirsh Health Sciences Library is happy to see all the new and returning students to the Health Sciences Campus! Stop by the Library Service Desk on Sackler 4 and say “Hello”. Ask us for assistance on your toughest research questions or where you should eat lunch! Have a great semester.
Would you like a job with flexible hours and great coworkers?
The HHSL Service Desk is hiring, and we’re looking for students to come join us!
If you’re interested, you can come on by the desk on the 4th floor of Sackler and fill out a brief application. We would love to have you come join the team.
Hope to hear from you soon!
Tags4th floor 5th floor Ask Leo book review circulation copyright crafts databases dental eBooks electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics summer survey Thanksgiving Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website writing consultants
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Happy Thanksgiving from Hirsh! | What's New @ HHSL https://t.co/z8tyCEoiYf about 13 hours ago from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsMedSchool: Alicia Romano shares her expertise in list of the 50 (new) healthiest foods of all time – with recipes! https://t.co/HE… about 14 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @Dmozaffarian: Excellent, objective dissection of the evidence and controversies over dietary fats: https://t.co/8UXYujLHij @voxdotcom about 17 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- For years, the government told Americans to avoid fat. That was wrong. https://t.co/DUXrS5K26E via @voxdotcom about 19 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsDental: Just a reminder that the dental school and clinics will be closed Thursday, Nov. 26 and Friday, Nov. 27 to celebrate Thank… 03:32:22 PM November 23, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsNutrition: How do your Thanksgiving staples rate on @ewg's #FoodScores? Use these ratings to make better choices this holiday: htt… 10:18:40 AM November 23, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook