Join us Wednesday, December 2nd at noon in SK516 for our second Sweet Talks @ Hirsh event! We’re excited to welcome Dean Nadeem Karimbux. Bring your lunch and enjoy hearing about Dean Karimbux’s career path, the choices he made along the way, how his field has changed during his career, and advice he has for the next generation of professionals that we are educating here at Tufts—all in a casual, conversational manner with time for a Q&A.
Coffee, tea, and dessert will be provided by the library!
On March 1st, we started a room booking pilot program, in response to student requests that we make some of our library rooms bookable. We designated seven rooms on Sackler 5 as our collaboration rooms, set up an online reservation system, and let the collaborating on projects and presentations begin!
We’re pleased to report that the pilot was popular and that we will be continuing it through the fall semester.
Here are some stats, for bookings made between March 1st and May 30th:
Total bookings: 272
Unique users: 100
Most popular rooms: 502 and 504
Most popular day of the week: Wednesday
Average group size: 3 people
Average booking length: 3 hours
Want to book a room? Read our policy and view the schedule at http://bit.ly/hhslcollab
Are you threatened by a thesis deadline? Panicking about your personal statement? Dreading your dissertation? Preoccupied by papers, posters, and proposals?
Fear not! Health Sciences Writing Consultants will resume this Sunday, 8/2.
They’re offering the same great help with all your writing woes, but with a few logistical changes:
- All sessions will be held in Sackler 509, which is right by the small computer lab on the 5th floor.
- For the month of August, Sunday appointments will be held from 3pm to 6pm. The usual hours of 2pm to 5pm will resume on 9/13.
- Weekday sessions will be held from 4pm to 7pm on Thursdays, instead of Wednesdays.
You can visit bit.ly/writingconsultants to learn more or to book an appointment.
Between 3pm and 5pm this Thursday 4/23, HHSL will be welcoming some very special guests: Tufts Paws for People!
Boo, Albert, Koda, and Raven will be here to cure your stress with their cuteness! Join them in 507 for an adorable study break.
Looking for a scanner at the Hirsh Health Sciences Library?
Check out room 524 on the 5th floor near the Library IT Service Desk.
We have three scanners that are completely free and easy to use!
The book scanner allows you to scan directly to e-mail, USB, printer, or Google Docs.
Not sure how to use it? Ask at the Library IT Service Desk on Sackler 5.
Have you noticed the new SHARP digital whiteboard in Sackler 502?
By plugging a thumb drive into the USB port on the wall, you can pull up documents, PDFs or presentations and easily add notes and highlighting. Use your fingers to underline, make diagrams and highlight key points during group study sessions and save the modifications back to your USB drive to review later. Here’s a brief demo video to introduce you to the board and its capabilities.
InfoComm 2011: Sharp Electronic Demos Its Digital Interactive Whiteboard by RaVe Producitons, via their YouTube channel
And if you’re not sure you understand how to use it, don’t worry! The instructions are posted on the wall to the right of the screen. The Library IT Service Desk is also available to contact Educational Media should problems arise.
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics stress relief summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library Under10 website
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @scifri: Speaking of #TBT... why do we get nostalgic, anyway? https://t.co/SftDskKPT9 https://t.co/0ULAXPQIT6 about 7 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @USDAFoodSafety: Margaritas & Salmonella don’t mix! Keep your #CincoDeMayo dishes safe by keeping hot foods hot & cold foods cold. https… about 8 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Olympians Shouldn’t Swim Through Sewage https://t.co/95KmDQtm34 about 9 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @USDA: #ActonClimate: A look back on 7 years of historic #USDAResults → https://t.co/pfKi45JkY8 https://t.co/uajjAFXxno about 9 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Room for Debate: Should Opioid Training for Doctors Be Mandatory? https://t.co/xKok8q0GzJ about 10 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NPRHealth: U.S. To Ship Peanuts To Feed Haitian Kids. Aid Groups Say 'This Is Wrong' https://t.co/GC0MFN20dw about 10 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook