Exciting things have been happening on our 5th, 6th, and 7th floors! We’re working on increasing the number of study spots in the library as well as giving you more flexible work space options.
Here are some of our latest updates:
We added 32 new study carrels to the 7th floor along with 40 new chairs. We’re awaiting the delivery of 8 more carrels for the 6th floor. The 7th floor carrels will have desktop power soon. For now, you can drop your cords through the hole on the top and plug in at the outlet under each desk.
We’ve also added two new standing desks–one on 5 and one on 6! The desk on 5 currently only works as a regular desk, but the new adjusting mechanism is coming soon.
Tufts carpenters have built a beautiful standing-height counter on the 5th floor. We’re waiting for the power strip to be delivered and, once it’s in, you’ll be able to plug your devices in at counter level.
Stay tuned for more updates!
Due to the popularity of the standing desk on the 7th floor, we’ve purchased another! The new standing desk is on the 6th floor in the corridor along the windows. It is electronically height adjustable, so you can easily make it fit your needs.
Why try a standing desk? Here’s a terrifying infographic.
Please note: if you adjust the desk to the shortest height and pull a chair up to it, one of the monsters from the infographic will appear and eat all your homework. Just a heads-up! 🙂
We’d like to officially announce the re-opening of the sixth floor in Sackler! Everything has passed inspection and can be fully utilized. Thank you all for your patience while the construction was going on. We’d also like to thank everyone who was involved with the transformation. We hope you enjoy the new classroom as well as the continued use of study space.
It’s been a busy summer up on the 6th floor and we’re pleased to report that the new classroom is on track to open on October 1st! The work on the administrative offices is set to finish up soon after. Since the floor is still a work in progress, please continue to study on other floors until the renovations are completed.
HHSL is pleased to announce that this summer we will be adding a new classroom to the 6th floor! Library Administration will move into the main library offices and Sackler 606-609 will be turned into one larger room. Construction is set to begin in late July.
Stay tuned for updates!
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan Leo library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop Open Workshops portals recipes resources staff statistics summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library website
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Bright Spots in a Troubled Food System https://t.co/2ot7t9W3Vo via @TuftsUniversity about 4 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- A.I. Versus M.D. https://t.co/neIfyMWXXF via @newyorker about 5 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Full access to the archives of the Handbook of Physiology is now available! | What's New @ HHSL https://t.co/Xj75jnjEtS 02:44:01 PM March 28, 2017 from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @ADANews: ADA Board of Trustees votes to create national dental licensure exam - https://t.co/XcueHD0FP4 10:55:45 AM March 24, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- “Paging Dr. Fraud”: The Fake Publishers That Are Ruining Science https://t.co/qLdXAS2ysm via @alanburdick 03:48:32 PM March 23, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Today in Library March Madness: Sweet 16 matchups continue w/ loaner laptop v dongle, whiteboard v printer & leisure reading v print book. 03:09:16 PM March 23, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook