Ahh, summer! When the misery of winter is but a distant memory, and we are all baking in the heat collectively! Other than no need to justify ice cream, one of the best things about summer are all the free events you can take advantage of. Summer is the perfect time to discover Boston with some of the free events highlighted below:
- Free Fun Fridays! by the Highland Street Foundation runs from June 27th to August 29th this year, and offers free entrance to 67 museums and cultural venues around and within Boston, including free Boston Harbor Island Ferry Rides on August 8th.
- Outdoor movie events all around the city, including the DCR Hatch Shell, Christopher Columbus Park, and the Prudential Center.
- Shakespeare in the Common (July 23rd to August 10th). This year is the magnificent comedy Twelfth Night.
- Neighborhood Nights at Isabella Stewart Gardner (July 10 &, August 7th)
- Berklee Summer in the City Concerts
- Boston Public Library Concerts in the Courtyard
- Boston Harbor Hotel Summer in the City events include live music and classic movies
- Institute of Contemporary Art (ICA) Harborwalk Sounds (July 10th to August 28th)
Lastly, a great resource to search for free or low cost events in Boston all year round is the Boston Calendar.
Enjoy summer while it lasts!
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics stress relief summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library Under10 website
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @scifri: Happy #TeacherAppreciationDay! Go out there and celebrate your favorite science teachers! https://t.co/wmrWuBwE8n about 12 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @statnews: Nearly one-third of antibiotics are prescribed unnecessarily, study finds https://t.co/i9LyjeXopo https://t.co/epC3nF3Lju about 12 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @MayoClinic: .@stephfaubionmd releases new book on #menopause, #hotflashes, sleeping, weight control, happiness https://t.co/lidfH7HOgY… about 12 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @medlineplus: Today is #WorldAsthmaDay. If you have asthma, control it with an Asthma Action Plan: https://t.co/5gTfQJ0Od6 https://t.co/… about 13 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @sciencemagazine: The makeup of your microbiome is affected by your medication, your age, and even your chocolate consumption: https://t… about 13 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @FDA_Drug_Info: FDA approves first drug to treat hallucinations & delusions associated with Parkinson’s: https://t.co/jqlGwjgucz. https:… about 13 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook