Hello everyone, it’s Leo here. Happy Valentine’s Day! It’s convenient that day is today, because I’m here to talk to you about a good friend of mine, whom I think you could really learn to love if you gave it a chance. I am, of course, referring to Dongle.
Dongle is a good friend of mine. We go way back! We’ve been through a lot together, and I want to see it set up with someone who will treat it right, and give it the study sessions it deserves.
Dongle stands 5.5 inches tall (or 14 centimeters, if you prefer metric). It weighs in as “so light that I don’t even need muscles to lift it,” and it has a nice slim profile, which can be seen from any angle you happen to be viewing it from.
Dongle has two ports: a Mini DisplayPort on its smaller end, and a VGA port on the wider side. The Mini DisplayPort plug is made to slide right into your computer, and the VGA port holds onto a VGA cable on the other end, so you can share images on your computer with the projector and the room at large. Fun fact: Dongle works with all of the laptops we have on Reserve!
Because Dongle is as useful as it is convenient.
And, naturally, Dongle goes by many names. “VGA Adapter,” “laptop adapter,” “projector cable,” “that thing for my computer so I can do a presentation,” “something that plugs into my Mac for the projector but I don’t know what it’s called but I know you have it” – Dongle is not picky, and will answer to all of those names.
So this Valentine’s Day (and any other day of the year, really), why don’t you come by the Library Service Desk on the 4th floor of Sackler and give Dongle a try? Who knows, this could be the start of a beautiful academic partnership.
Peace, love, and good grades,
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan Leo library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop Open Workshops portals recipes resources staff statistics summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library website
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @ADANews: ADA Board of Trustees votes to create national dental licensure exam - https://t.co/XcueHD0FP4 10:55:45 AM March 24, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- “Paging Dr. Fraud”: The Fake Publishers That Are Ruining Science https://t.co/qLdXAS2ysm via @alanburdick 03:48:32 PM March 23, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Today in Library March Madness: Sweet 16 matchups continue w/ loaner laptop v dongle, whiteboard v printer & leisure reading v print book. 03:09:16 PM March 23, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsOVPR: Transforming medical culture one student at a time #TuftsStudents https://t.co/UolHFV0cTW 04:59:18 PM March 22, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Upcoming Extended Hours Weekends | What's New @ HHSL https://t.co/ktiqfbopdr 12:47:15 PM March 22, 2017 from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Stanley Gershoff, Founding Dean of Nutrition School, at 92 https://t.co/ul6Du8i9in via @TuftsUniversity 10:54:50 AM March 22, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook