Hirsh Health Sciences Library is excited to announce that we will go live with our new website on Sunday, December 20th. The old website will no longer be accessible at this point. We spent the past year revamping our branding, designing, and developing the site.
Here are some features we’re excited about :
- The new website has a more enhanced user experience for mobile devices.
- The most popular links, including PubMed and UpToDate, will still be at users’ fingertips within the Quick Links section.
- Users can view the latest hours for the Café with a link to the menu for the week.
- The new website includes the added “Available Technology” feature with the number of items available for checkout in real time.
To access our new website navigate to: http://hirshlibrary.tufts.edu.
We welcome all feedback! You can share your experience here .
We’re excited to announce that the Hirsh Library has achieved Gold Level in the Office of Sustainability’s Green Office Certification Program! The Program supports, promotes, and recognizes Tufts offices that are engaging in sustainable practices. We received our plaque at a special awards ceremony with President Monaco on January 8th in recognition for completing the certification as part of a 15-week challenge that ran from August through November.
Sustainability is important to us at Hirsh–in fact, we started off the challenge with a Bronze level qualification–and we are pleased to be continually improving our practices.
After 15 years of providing excellent service to the Tufts health sciences campus, we bid a fond farewell to Eileen Moyer, who retired earlier this month.
As an Information Services Librarian, Eileen provided invaluable research assistance and instruction to users on the Boston campus. Eileen helped design the current HHSL web site and was deeply committed to helping students become savvy users of information technology.
In addition to her work at HHSL, Eileen advocates for the humane treatment of greyhound race dogs and serves as volunteer for Greyhound Friends.
Eileen, we wish you a fabulous retirement! Thank you!
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation Ask Leo book review circulation copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun fun lab HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics stress relief summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library Under10 website writing consultants
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @TuftsUniversity: The women's basketball team was recognized by the city of #Somerville for their outstanding season cc: @TuftsWbball ht… about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NatureNews: 7 chemical separations to change the world https://t.co/AxpNVS9xgP https://t.co/DuRB4EjjVm about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @Reuters_Health: Making medicine cheaper: France presses G7 on global regulation of drug prices. https://t.co/MMNtvhuvhm https://t.co/Qk… about 2 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @usfoodpolicy: Via @NPR: Under Attack, Commodity Promotion Programs Try To Hide Their Emails https://t.co/n1j0apa1Aa about 3 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @Teeth_Matter: Prevention pays off. Applying a dental sealant to a child’s tooth is 1/3 the cost of filling a cavity https://t.co/aBXrXy… about 3 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Via @NPR: Biotech's Theranos Offers A Cautionary Tale For Silicon Valley https://t.co/5zwukw0s4A about 4 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook