Hirsh Health Sciences Library is excited to announce that we will go live with our new website on Sunday, December 20th. The old website will no longer be accessible at this point. We spent the past year revamping our branding, designing, and developing the site.
Here are some features we’re excited about :
- The new website has a more enhanced user experience for mobile devices.
- The most popular links, including PubMed and UpToDate, will still be at users’ fingertips within the Quick Links section.
- Users can view the latest hours for the Café with a link to the menu for the week.
- The new website includes the added “Available Technology” feature with the number of items available for checkout in real time.
To access our new website navigate to: http://hirshlibrary.tufts.edu.
We welcome all feedback! You can share your experience here .
We’re excited to announce that the Hirsh Library has achieved Gold Level in the Office of Sustainability’s Green Office Certification Program! The Program supports, promotes, and recognizes Tufts offices that are engaging in sustainable practices. We received our plaque at a special awards ceremony with President Monaco on January 8th in recognition for completing the certification as part of a 15-week challenge that ran from August through November.
Sustainability is important to us at Hirsh–in fact, we started off the challenge with a Bronze level qualification–and we are pleased to be continually improving our practices.
After 15 years of providing excellent service to the Tufts health sciences campus, we bid a fond farewell to Eileen Moyer, who retired earlier this month.
As an Information Services Librarian, Eileen provided invaluable research assistance and instruction to users on the Boston campus. Eileen helped design the current HHSL web site and was deeply committed to helping students become savvy users of information technology.
In addition to her work at HHSL, Eileen advocates for the humane treatment of greyhound race dogs and serves as volunteer for Greyhound Friends.
Eileen, we wish you a fabulous retirement! Thank you!
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop Open Workshops portals recipes resources staff statistics summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library website welcome!
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Medical Book Drive for the Syrian Refugee Crisis | What's New @ HHSL https://t.co/KJ3patSF6C about 12 hours ago from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsNutrition: Next week we resume our #FriedmanSeminar series! Tune in live at noon, 1/25 for a talk feat. @fangfang141516. Info: htt… 10:59:17 AM January 18, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Via @NPR: Drugs For Rare Diseases Have Become Uncommonly Rich Monopolies https://t.co/UYLg2vvMx8 09:57:26 AM January 17, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- We're interested in how the media handles difficult subjects. And we're in favor of creative use of stock photos. https://t.co/TzVNwO1XwM 09:39:12 AM January 13, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Parents View New Peanut Guidelines With Guilt and Skepticism https://t.co/tqOQ75deqj 11:16:37 AM January 12, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @FletcherSchool: We've got to give the #Trump admin. some space to shape the view of their policies: more from Dean @stavridisj https://… 12:38:45 PM January 11, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook