“National DNA Day is a unique day when students, teachers and the public can learn more about genetics and genomics! The day commemorates the completion of the Human Genome Project in April 2003, and the discovery of DNA’s double helix.” – National Human Genome Research Institute
Nova PBS has a collection of interesting web exhibits surrounding DNA and other genetically coded materials:
Anatomy of Photo 51– Explore Rosalind Franklin’s famous x-ray image, a key to understanding the double-helix structure of DNA.
Before Watson & Crick – How did scientists discover that DNA was the blueprint of life?
Picturing the Molecules of Life – Over the past 50 years, scientific images of DNA, ribosomes, and RNA have catalyzed our understanding of biology.
If you have a favorite molecule, you can view it on your favorite Apple device with a free app called Molecules. The program allows you to display the structure in different rendering styles, rotate and zoom. You can even add custom molecular structures!
When you check out at iPad from the Library IT Desk, you have access to a wide variety of apps.
In addition to the standard Apple apps, HHSL provides other apps for productivity, social media, and medical.
- Evernote – an app that allows you to create, edit, organize, sync, and share notes across devices.
- Lieberman’s iRadiology – provides access to over 500 radiology cases which allow scrolling and zooming of the images.
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention – an app by Centers for Disease Control and Prevention which allows access to health articles, “disease of the week,” and current updates regarding health concerns.
- QBank USMLE – an app by USMLEWorld, LLC which allows you to customize and create tests to fit your study preferences.
For a complete list of the apps we have available, go here.
Tags4th floor 5th floor Ask Leo book review circulation crafts data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics summer Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website writing consultants
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Disparity in Life Spans of the Rich and the Poor Is Growing https://t.co/0rwrYXDebW 02:15:30 PM February 12, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsNutrition: ICYMI: White House announces major investments in preventing #childhunger. Friedman's @usfoodpolicy contributed: https:… 01:01:54 PM February 12, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- TOOTH CUTE! <3 https://t.co/t70YsvHxOn 12:24:36 PM February 12, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Dental schools adopt strategy to combat opioid abuse https://t.co/1B9NEn6auv via @BostonGlobe 11:55:21 AM February 12, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Keep an eye on our brothers and sisters during this cold snap! https://t.co/i3pCXJK3mT 11:51:44 AM February 12, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Consumers aren’t wild about genetic testing — nor are doctors https://t.co/nWfvc2A7WY via @statnews 11:50:57 AM February 12, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook