“National DNA Day is a unique day when students, teachers and the public can learn more about genetics and genomics! The day commemorates the completion of the Human Genome Project in April 2003, and the discovery of DNA’s double helix.” – National Human Genome Research Institute
Nova PBS has a collection of interesting web exhibits surrounding DNA and other genetically coded materials:
Anatomy of Photo 51- Explore Rosalind Franklin’s famous x-ray image, a key to understanding the double-helix structure of DNA.
Before Watson & Crick - How did scientists discover that DNA was the blueprint of life?
Picturing the Molecules of Life - Over the past 50 years, scientific images of DNA, ribosomes, and RNA have catalyzed our understanding of biology.
If you have a favorite molecule, you can view it on your favorite Apple device with a free app called Molecules. The program allows you to display the structure in different rendering styles, rotate and zoom. You can even add custom molecular structures!
When you check out at iPad from the Library IT Desk, you have access to a wide variety of apps.
In addition to the standard Apple apps, HHSL provides other apps for productivity, social media, and medical.
- Evernote – an app that allows you to create, edit, organize, sync, and share notes across devices.
- Lieberman’s iRadiology – provides access to over 500 radiology cases which allow scrolling and zooming of the images.
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention – an app by Centers for Disease Control and Prevention which allows access to health articles, “disease of the week,” and current updates regarding health concerns.
- QBank USMLE – an app by USMLEWorld, LLC which allows you to customize and create tests to fit your study preferences.
For a complete list of the apps we have available, go here.
By PDGACO GaballaLoans
- No categories
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @TuftsUniversity: .@peterlevine discusses the strategy and moral philosophy of creating broad civic engagement http://t.co/phNDrekXua about 19 hours ago from HootSuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- PHD Comics: A Professor's Prayer http://t.co/GxNkw52y5x via @phdcomics about 19 hours ago from Tweet Button ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @ALA_TechSource: Copyright Clearance Center Joins Open Access Scholarly Publishers Association http://t.co/0ZEhLaFUQy about 19 hours ago from HootSuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @sciam: Minor Lunar Eclipse Tonight: How to Watch It Online http://t.co/NMQ8wgvAZq about 19 hours ago from HootSuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @scifri: 4 papers in the journal Science this week tried to replicate Case Western's Alzheimer's treatment--and they couldn't - Ronald P… about 19 hours ago from HootSuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- We have special hours for Memorial Day Monday! http://t.co/kodf9bStpI 01:02:23 PM May 23, 2013 from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook