“National DNA Day is a unique day when students, teachers and the public can learn more about genetics and genomics! The day commemorates the completion of the Human Genome Project in April 2003, and the discovery of DNA’s double helix.” – National Human Genome Research Institute
Nova PBS has a collection of interesting web exhibits surrounding DNA and other genetically coded materials:
Anatomy of Photo 51- Explore Rosalind Franklin’s famous x-ray image, a key to understanding the double-helix structure of DNA.
Before Watson & Crick - How did scientists discover that DNA was the blueprint of life?
Picturing the Molecules of Life - Over the past 50 years, scientific images of DNA, ribosomes, and RNA have catalyzed our understanding of biology.
If you have a favorite molecule, you can view it on your favorite Apple device with a free app called Molecules. The program allows you to display the structure in different rendering styles, rotate and zoom. You can even add custom molecular structures!
When you check out at iPad from the Library IT Desk, you have access to a wide variety of apps.
In addition to the standard Apple apps, HHSL provides other apps for productivity, social media, and medical.
- Evernote – an app that allows you to create, edit, organize, sync, and share notes across devices.
- Lieberman’s iRadiology – provides access to over 500 radiology cases which allow scrolling and zooming of the images.
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention – an app by Centers for Disease Control and Prevention which allows access to health articles, “disease of the week,” and current updates regarding health concerns.
- QBank USMLE – an app by USMLEWorld, LLC which allows you to customize and create tests to fit your study preferences.
For a complete list of the apps we have available, go here.
Tags4th floor 6th floor Ask Leo book review book talk circulation congratulations copyright databases dental eBooks electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours library service desk library staff lunch match day new books open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review staff stress relief summer therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month writing consultants
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Your Contribution to the California Drought http://t.co/qz0ORcK7Mm about 19 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsUniversity: Photos, speeches, videos and more. Check out the #Tufts2015 commencement recap: http://t.co/7luBTsxAcV about 21 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsNutrition: Why is it so difficult to eat less? Researchers at @TuftsUniversity are looking into the dopamine reward system: http:/… about 21 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @MassDental: Flossie the therapy dog takes the bite out of dental visits http://t.co/gWfKmjDHB6 10:32:14 AM May 22, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Please join us in welcoming Laura Pavlech, our new Research and Instruction Librarian! http://t.co/VVoOfJjifH http://t.co/AgdwcxCInP 10:15:21 AM May 22, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Memorial Day Hours http://t.co/eMPK8M9S0n http://t.co/G5kt2UiNUV 10:10:17 AM May 21, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook