“National DNA Day is a unique day when students, teachers and the public can learn more about genetics and genomics! The day commemorates the completion of the Human Genome Project in April 2003, and the discovery of DNA’s double helix.” – National Human Genome Research Institute
Nova PBS has a collection of interesting web exhibits surrounding DNA and other genetically coded materials:
Anatomy of Photo 51– Explore Rosalind Franklin’s famous x-ray image, a key to understanding the double-helix structure of DNA.
Before Watson & Crick – How did scientists discover that DNA was the blueprint of life?
Picturing the Molecules of Life – Over the past 50 years, scientific images of DNA, ribosomes, and RNA have catalyzed our understanding of biology.
If you have a favorite molecule, you can view it on your favorite Apple device with a free app called Molecules. The program allows you to display the structure in different rendering styles, rotate and zoom. You can even add custom molecular structures!
When you check out at iPad from the Library IT Desk, you have access to a wide variety of apps.
In addition to the standard Apple apps, HHSL provides other apps for productivity, social media, and medical.
- Evernote – an app that allows you to create, edit, organize, sync, and share notes across devices.
- Lieberman’s iRadiology – provides access to over 500 radiology cases which allow scrolling and zooming of the images.
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention – an app by Centers for Disease Control and Prevention which allows access to health articles, “disease of the week,” and current updates regarding health concerns.
- QBank USMLE – an app by USMLEWorld, LLC which allows you to customize and create tests to fit your study preferences.
For a complete list of the apps we have available, go here.
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop Open Workshops portals recipes resources staff statistics summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library website welcome!
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @FletcherSchool: How can genomic medicine be an international collaboration? Dr. @eric_lander to share insights on 1/26. Details: https:… about 2 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Ever wonder what is lurking in the dark alcove behind the library service desk? | What's New @ HHSL https://t.co/iGDCpYTHVC about 3 hours ago from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsTechnology: Double down on securing your identity & data with two-factor Authentication (2FA). Become an early adopter! https://t… about 22 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @bmj_latest: "Celebrity based medicine may be fact-free." @mgtmccartney on how well intentioned stories urging action may harm https://t… about 23 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @USDAFoodSafety: It’s National Meat Month! Celebrate by cooking your meat & poultry to a safe internal temp! #FoodSafety https://t.co/ie… 01:59:10 PM January 23, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsUniversity: Tufts study finds integrating nutrition into wellness programs reduces financial & societal cost of aging population h… 11:23:21 AM January 23, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook