“National DNA Day is a unique day when students, teachers and the public can learn more about genetics and genomics! The day commemorates the completion of the Human Genome Project in April 2003, and the discovery of DNA’s double helix.” – National Human Genome Research Institute
Nova PBS has a collection of interesting web exhibits surrounding DNA and other genetically coded materials:
Anatomy of Photo 51- Explore Rosalind Franklin’s famous x-ray image, a key to understanding the double-helix structure of DNA.
Before Watson & Crick - How did scientists discover that DNA was the blueprint of life?
Picturing the Molecules of Life - Over the past 50 years, scientific images of DNA, ribosomes, and RNA have catalyzed our understanding of biology.
If you have a favorite molecule, you can view it on your favorite Apple device with a free app called Molecules. The program allows you to display the structure in different rendering styles, rotate and zoom. You can even add custom molecular structures!
When you check out at iPad from the Library IT Desk, you have access to a wide variety of apps.
In addition to the standard Apple apps, HHSL provides other apps for productivity, social media, and medical.
- Evernote – an app that allows you to create, edit, organize, sync, and share notes across devices.
- Lieberman’s iRadiology – provides access to over 500 radiology cases which allow scrolling and zooming of the images.
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention – an app by Centers for Disease Control and Prevention which allows access to health articles, “disease of the week,” and current updates regarding health concerns.
- QBank USMLE – an app by USMLEWorld, LLC which allows you to customize and create tests to fit your study preferences.
For a complete list of the apps we have available, go here.
Tags4th floor 5th floor african american history alumni apps book review books book talk celebration circulation ClinicalKey Clinical Key conference congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources facebook graduation HHSL holidays homepage hours Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff match day medical school medicine new resource open access portals presentation publication resources social media staff technology toolkits TUSM twitter website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @TuftsUniversity: Timothy Wise of @GDAEatTufts writes this post on food security in India: http://t.co/NXQl4Crqmm about 23 hours ago from TweetCaster for Android ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsMedSchool: Lunch Discussion with @AMorrisSinger, President of Primary Care Progress: Thursday 12/12 at 12:00pm in Sackler 221 09:08:31 AM December 06, 2013 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @BioMedCentral: Curry compound helps kill #cancer with the help of nanoparticles! http://t.co/vBiyYro62p (Here it is!) http://t.co/U2xGJ… 07:37:18 AM December 06, 2013 from TweetCaster for Android ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsUniversity: New Center for Global Public Health for @TuftsMedSchool: http://t.co/op0xoeQM42 02:35:38 PM December 05, 2013 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Extended Library Service Desk Hours | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/nJLNwjCahh 12:52:12 PM December 05, 2013 from bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsDental: Stop by Sackler's 4th floor to buy homemade cookie mix from the American Association of Women Dentists- today and tomorrow… 11:33:50 AM December 05, 2013 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook