We are pleased to announce the creation of two research guides that highlight some of our archival materials. Funded by an Express Library Digitization Award from the National Network of Libraries of Medicine New England Region, they contain images and links to full-text articles from the library’s collection of materials regarding Tufts’ role in the community-health- center movement and the Jewish physicians who joined the Tufts faculty as a result of the “German Brain Drain” in World War II. We encourage you to visit these guides and experience the rich history of Tufts University School of Medicine!
Boston to Mound Bayou: Columbia Point & Delta Health Center
With its establishment of the Columbia Point Health Center (Boston, MA) and Delta Health Center, Inc. (Mound Bayou, MS), Tufts helped launch the community-health-center movement. This guide features background information about the community-health-center movement as well as materials related to the pioneering work of TUSM faculty members H. Jack Geiger and Count Gibson.
Excellence in Exile: German Emigré Physicians at TUSM
The materials in this guide pertain to the following TUSM faculty members: Alice Ettinger, Joseph Igershiemer, Gerhard Schmidt, and Siegfried Thannhauser.
Image credits: Tufts University
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan Leo library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop Open Workshops portals recipes resources staff statistics summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library website welcome!
Follow Us on Twitter!
- To kick off our March Affiliation Month, today is an Affiliation day! https://t.co/fi13jrAjZa about 2 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsUniversity: Meet double Jumbo Robert Partridge, doctor to the @BostonSymphony Orchestra. https://t.co/Uf4OJmw6A8 https://t.co/fqES… 02:51:59 PM February 28, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- March is Affiliation Month! Here's what to expect | What's New @ HHSL https://t.co/AbfLdgKONC 12:06:48 PM February 28, 2017 from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Colon and Rectal Cancers Rising in Young People https://t.co/qqm6GRC5ZS 10:35:08 AM February 28, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @statnews: A cure for the common cold and 4 other medical predictions that haven’t (yet) come true https://t.co/QNllmFRory https://t.co/… 05:13:44 PM February 27, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @GreenTufts: The Green Labs Initiative at Tufts identifies resource-saving opportunities in labs and clinics across campus. https://t.co… 02:25:51 PM February 27, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook