We are pleased to announce the creation of two research guides that highlight some of our archival materials. Funded by an Express Library Digitization Award from the National Network of Libraries of Medicine New England Region, they contain images and links to full-text articles from the library’s collection of materials regarding Tufts’ role in the community-health- center movement and the Jewish physicians who joined the Tufts faculty as a result of the “German Brain Drain” in World War II. We encourage you to visit these guides and experience the rich history of Tufts University School of Medicine!
Boston to Mound Bayou: Columbia Point & Delta Health Center
With its establishment of the Columbia Point Health Center (Boston, MA) and Delta Health Center, Inc. (Mound Bayou, MS), Tufts helped launch the community-health-center movement. This guide features background information about the community-health-center movement as well as materials related to the pioneering work of TUSM faculty members H. Jack Geiger and Count Gibson.
Excellence in Exile: German Emigré Physicians at TUSM
The materials in this guide pertain to the following TUSM faculty members: Alice Ettinger, Joseph Igershiemer, Gerhard Schmidt, and Siegfried Thannhauser.
Image credits: Tufts University
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources staff statistics stress relief summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library Under10 website
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @TuftsMedSchool: Asst. Prof. Pei-Jung Lin finds 1 in 10 Alzheimer's patients at risk for avoidable hospital stays: https://t.co/sUyVPnkI… about 32 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @HarvardChanSPH: Making it easier to calculate the costs—and benefits—of immunization https://t.co/OFC3M87Uf1 https://t.co/GtwCDmN05q about 3 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsUniversity: “A population eating less meat than we eat now would, generally, feed more people,” Tufts' Christian Peters: https://t… about 4 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @theNCI: Sunburns and even suntans may increase your chance of skin cancer. How to protect your skin: https://t.co/CK5kp2YLNx https://t.… 02:43:22 PM July 22, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @DannyD_310: A little veggie chemistry for your weekend https://t.co/sfTdAK4oLY c/o @sciam 01:37:44 PM July 22, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @Reuters_Health: The right way to run. WATCH https://t.co/zMgl0HEPC1 @NYULMC #HealthWatch https://t.co/4c18d7lWYy 12:37:41 PM July 22, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook