We are pleased to announce the creation of two research guides that highlight some of our archival materials. Funded by an Express Library Digitization Award from the National Network of Libraries of Medicine New England Region, they contain images and links to full-text articles from the library’s collection of materials regarding Tufts’ role in the community-health- center movement and the Jewish physicians who joined the Tufts faculty as a result of the “German Brain Drain” in World War II. We encourage you to visit these guides and experience the rich history of Tufts University School of Medicine!
Boston to Mound Bayou: Columbia Point & Delta Health Center
With its establishment of the Columbia Point Health Center (Boston, MA) and Delta Health Center, Inc. (Mound Bayou, MS), Tufts helped launch the community-health-center movement. This guide features background information about the community-health-center movement as well as materials related to the pioneering work of TUSM faculty members H. Jack Geiger and Count Gibson.
Excellence in Exile: German Emigré Physicians at TUSM
The materials in this guide pertain to the following TUSM faculty members: Alice Ettinger, Joseph Igershiemer, Gerhard Schmidt, and Siegfried Thannhauser.
Image credits: Tufts University
Tags4th floor Ask Leo book review book talk celebration circulation congratulations copyright databases electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours facebook food graduation graphs HHSL hhsl event Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch mobile apps new books open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics summer Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @BostonGlobe: #Recipe for stuffed portobellos with squash and chestnut http://t.co/dAny9FI0rS http://t.co/tCwSX3ePrk 02:36:05 PM November 25, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @nlm_news: Take time this holiday weekend to discuss your #familyhealthhistory. How to start the conversation: http://t.co/A0naQMZXoT 02:32:49 PM November 25, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Ask Leo Episode Five: Renewing Reserves | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/ejVNk5Y8oH 10:25:36 AM November 25, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- I seriously love everything that was in that last Tweet. I'm sure they're great people, too! 01:45:25 PM November 23, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsOcl: Tufts Quidditch's Yule Ball Tickets on sale now online and at the booth for just $10. 01:44:57 PM November 23, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @KHCourage: #deargodno RT @ziyatong: The beak of a colossal squid. [photo: Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa] http://t.co/TarSeiH… 01:44:15 PM November 23, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook