We are pleased to announce the creation of two research guides that highlight some of our archival materials. Funded by an Express Library Digitization Award from the National Network of Libraries of Medicine New England Region, they contain images and links to full-text articles from the library’s collection of materials regarding Tufts’ role in the community-health- center movement and the Jewish physicians who joined the Tufts faculty as a result of the “German Brain Drain” in World War II. We encourage you to visit these guides and experience the rich history of Tufts University School of Medicine!
Boston to Mound Bayou: Columbia Point & Delta Health Center
With its establishment of the Columbia Point Health Center (Boston, MA) and Delta Health Center, Inc. (Mound Bayou, MS), Tufts helped launch the community-health-center movement. This guide features background information about the community-health-center movement as well as materials related to the pioneering work of TUSM faculty members H. Jack Geiger and Count Gibson.
Excellence in Exile: German Emigré Physicians at TUSM
The materials in this guide pertain to the following TUSM faculty members: Alice Ettinger, Joseph Igershiemer, Gerhard Schmidt, and Siegfried Thannhauser.
Image credits: Tufts University
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources staff statistics summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library website welcome!
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @TuftsUniversity: We had a great time welcoming families and friends to campus for Parents and Family Weekend! https://t.co/oo0VJOurzj about 16 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @WHO: 1.8 million people died from #Tuberculosis in 2015 including 400,000 with #HIV & #TB. TB is preventable & curable https://t.co/ijm… about 17 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @MayoClinic: Why some foods can trigger #migraines in certain people https://t.co/Fss3i1Y5Ue via @KIMTNews3 about 18 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @dentalhealthorg: Some good advice here. Our choices of diet are so important when it comes to keeping our teeth healthy https://t.co/nj… about 19 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @AmerDentalAssn: Your #halloween candy survival guide: https://t.co/kPeoBf7SQR https://t.co/1YQAfYFIZi about 19 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Celebrate #OpenAccess week, create a button/magnet using public domain images! At the library service desk now-2pm… https://t.co/tfevGmJZHS about 20 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook