You may have noticed that if you click the fancy Ask Us button in the webpage header, it takes you to a slightly reconfigured contact information page.
There are two new ways to receive library help – a live chat feature and a FAQ database.
The live chat program allows you to immediately chat with a librarian who is logged in at the service desk. You can also email yourself transcripts of the chat for future reference and send and receive attachments.
The FAQ database allows you to search for answers to commonly asked questions. If a similar question is found in the database, the search bar will try to guess the question you are typing (like a Google search). You can also browse the database by topic categories, located in a drop down menu below the search bar.
If your question is not in the database, you can fill out a brief email form and your question will be answered by a librarian.Submitting new questions to the FAQ database is not an immediate response system, so if your question is not in the database but is time-sensitive, please call, chat or visit the desk!
What do you think? Let us know in the comments or email us at email@example.com!
Tags4th floor 5th floor african american history apps books celebration circulation Clinical Key ClinicalKey conference congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources Elsevier facebook feedback goodbye post graduation HHSL holidays homepage hours ipad library service desk library staff match day medical school new new resource open access opinion presentation president's day publication resources social media staff technology toolkits twitter website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Info Services Librarian Amy LaVertu reviews The Interestings by Meg Wolitzer Have u read it?http://t.co/NP6zSEFuNh #bookreview #librarybooks about 12 hours ago from HootSuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Book Review: The Interestings by Meg Wolitzer | http://t.co/r6qfrfFsQs about 13 hours ago from HootSuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsUniversity: Congratulations to #Tufts engineer Qiaobing Xu, named a 2013 Pew Scholar in Biomedical Sciences! http://t.co/3nHiBcBMN… 12:21:36 PM June 17, 2013 from HootSuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Preserve and Share Your Data with Dryad Digital Repository | http://t.co/ZDMrGcnZeR 01:53:11 PM June 14, 2013 from HootSuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Welcome To Tufts! | The Hirsh Health Sciences Library welcomes all our new patrons http://t.co/hSNYHEolT9 10:44:19 AM June 11, 2013 from HootSuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- HHSL begins trial to the Cochrane Library. Ends on 7/31/13 Let us know what you think! http://t.co/2kLpNt7bEC 09:15:02 AM June 11, 2013 from HootSuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook