You may have noticed that if you click the fancy Ask Us button in the webpage header, it takes you to a slightly reconfigured contact information page.
There are two new ways to receive library help – a live chat feature and a FAQ database.
The live chat program allows you to immediately chat with a librarian who is logged in at the service desk. You can also email yourself transcripts of the chat for future reference and send and receive attachments.
The FAQ database allows you to search for answers to commonly asked questions. If a similar question is found in the database, the search bar will try to guess the question you are typing (like a Google search). You can also browse the database by topic categories, located in a drop down menu below the search bar.
If your question is not in the database, you can fill out a brief email form and your question will be answered by a librarian.Submitting new questions to the FAQ database is not an immediate response system, so if your question is not in the database but is time-sensitive, please call, chat or visit the desk!
What do you think? Let us know in the comments or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Tags4th floor 5th floor african american history alumni apps book review books book talk celebration circulation ClinicalKey Clinical Key congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources facebook feedback graduation HHSL holidays homepage hours library service desk library staff match day medical school medicine new resource open access portals president's day publication PubMed resources social media staff technology toolkits TUSM twitter website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- In case you were wondering: no, we have not ruled out the possibility of printer ghosts. 07:07:12 PM March 06, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Printing's back! 06:54:14 PM March 06, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The printing is down again. We're sorry for the inconvenience. Hopefully it will be back up again soon. 06:48:38 PM March 06, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsUniversity: Nuts About Pecans: Dr. Diane McKay’s research on the health benefits of phytonutrients - http://t.co/0OEaw3kKAw 03:21:58 PM March 06, 2014 from TweetCaster for Android ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Join us for a Book Talk on March 13th at Noon in Sackler 640 http://t.co/MDn08XUJRa 02:08:46 PM March 06, 2014 from bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Welcome Chelsea Gabrielson! http://t.co/D7ylfZneE0 09:06:18 AM March 05, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook