The National Center for Biotechnology Information collects and curates thousands of protein sequences and related information, so it’s a great place to start if you need information fast.
Step 1: Go to the library homepage at www.library.tufts.edu/hhsl and click the PubMed@Tufts link.
Step 2: In the search box type: “ProteinName AND OrganismName[organism]” and select Protein from the dropdown menu on the left. Click search.
Step 3: Filter by RefSeq on the top right. (These are all standardized and approved protein sequences.)
Step 4: Click on a record of interest.
Step 5: Explore! The links in the right column allow you to find information about the coding gene, see conserved domains, find species with homologous genes, view 3D protein structures, view pathways that contain the protein (often from KEGG), and much more!
Have questions or need help? Contact email@example.com to schedule a consultation!
Tags4th floor african american history apps book review books book talk celebration circulation congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours facebook food graduation HHSL hhsl event holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch match day medical school mobile apps new books open access open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review social media staff summer TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @scifri: Why do veggies in Alaska get so huge? http://t.co/u6hWZCdzx9 @nprnews via @KQEDscience about 14 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsAlumni: Tufts researchers set out to solve public health problems at the Tufts Institute for Innovation, opening next week. http:/… about 19 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Some tips from @TuftsNow on how to judge whether nutrition advice is sound or not http://t.co/FkHSoZVWbh 04:40:01 PM August 20, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Another story involving twins today! In March, doctors @TuftsMedicalCtr delivered healthy twins almost a month apart! http://t.co/EONczefPUD 03:12:03 PM August 20, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @UnionSqDonuts: Want great seats to the sox game tonight? Shop @BosPublicMarket @HelloGreenway 136 Blackstone St today from 11-3 for a c… 12:34:09 PM August 20, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Interesting story from @nprscience: children's drawings at 4yrs may give insight into their thinking skills at 14 http://t.co/Oug9cZxt71 10:55:20 AM August 20, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook