The National Center for Biotechnology Information collects and curates thousands of protein sequences and related information, so it’s a great place to start if you need information fast.
Step 1: Go to the library homepage at www.library.tufts.edu/hhsl and click the PubMed@Tufts link.
Step 2: In the search box type: “ProteinName AND OrganismName[organism]” and select Protein from the dropdown menu on the left. Click search.
Step 3: Filter by RefSeq on the top right. (These are all standardized and approved protein sequences.)
Step 4: Click on a record of interest.
Step 5: Explore! The links in the right column allow you to find information about the coding gene, see conserved domains, find species with homologous genes, view 3D protein structures, view pathways that contain the protein (often from KEGG), and much more!
Have questions or need help? Contact email@example.com to schedule a consultation!
Tags4th floor african american history apps book review books book talk celebration circulation congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours facebook graduation graphs HHSL hhsl event holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff match day medical school mobile apps new books open access open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review social media staff statistics technology TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @TuftsMedicalCtr: RT @cdchep: TODAY is #WorldHepatitisDay! Help raise awareness of #hepatitis & its prevention, control & treatment http… about 13 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- New #FriedmanSchool dean, D.Mozaffarian, hopes to have strong research presence @TuftsNutrition. Via @BostonGlobeMag http://t.co/oQUNNA0F0t about 17 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsDental: TUSDM stats say dentistry is moving towards gender equality- featuring Dr. Maria Papageorge! http://t.co/urd0syM223 #denta… about 19 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsOOS: Is #kelp going to be the next super food that replaces #kale? The question comes up in the search for #sustainability http://… 11:17:32 AM July 26, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @bbchealth: Cancer blood test moves step closer http://t.co/SyGIc7nLCq 10:57:42 AM July 26, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @UF_IFAS: @scifri Some more tips from @UFlorida IFAS to help keep safe from #mosquito-borne diseases #SciFriLive #UFBugs http://t.co/vfJ… 04:04:08 PM July 25, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook