The National Center for Biotechnology Information collects and curates thousands of protein sequences and related information, so it’s a great place to start if you need information fast.
Step 1: Go to the library homepage at www.library.tufts.edu/hhsl and click the PubMed@Tufts link.
Step 2: In the search box type: “ProteinName AND OrganismName[organism]” and select Protein from the dropdown menu on the left. Click search.
Step 3: Filter by RefSeq on the top right. (These are all standardized and approved protein sequences.)
Step 4: Click on a record of interest.
Step 5: Explore! The links in the right column allow you to find information about the coding gene, see conserved domains, find species with homologous genes, view 3D protein structures, view pathways that contain the protein (often from KEGG), and much more!
Have questions or need help? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a consultation!
Tags4th floor 5th floor african american history alumni apps book review books book talk celebration circulation ClinicalKey Clinical Key conference congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources facebook graduation HHSL holidays homepage hours Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff match day medical school medicine new resource open access portals presentation publication resources social media staff technology toolkits TUSM twitter website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @iMedicalApps: iMA REWIND: The future of wearable sensors in healthcare http://t.co/HWqjVRWc5R about 7 hours ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @LeapYrLibrarian: Moon over #fenway #prudential #boston http://t.co/fKXLF1uY7p about 10 hours ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The university has announced an early release of 3pm and we will be closing the service desk by 4:30PM. Please return items by 4PM. 03:08:54 PM December 17, 2013 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Here’s a Special Holiday Gift from the Hirsh Library http://t.co/LZ9PUu3Mri @TuftsMedSchool @TuftsDental @TischLibrary 09:34:02 AM December 17, 2013 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Enjoy that last Tweet as a bit of late-night feel-good reading. :) 09:05:14 PM December 16, 2013 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Matt Finkelman, prof of biostats here at Tufts, helps a stranger's daughter score big in stats: http://t.co/EdXX3zUx6X 09:04:55 PM December 16, 2013 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook