The National Center for Biotechnology Information collects and curates thousands of protein sequences and related information, so it’s a great place to start if you need information fast.
Step 1: Go to the library homepage at www.library.tufts.edu/hhsl and click the PubMed@Tufts link.
Step 2: In the search box type: “ProteinName AND OrganismName[organism]” and select Protein from the dropdown menu on the left. Click search.
Step 3: Filter by RefSeq on the top right. (These are all standardized and approved protein sequences.)
Step 4: Click on a record of interest.
Step 5: Explore! The links in the right column allow you to find information about the coding gene, see conserved domains, find species with homologous genes, view 3D protein structures, view pathways that contain the protein (often from KEGG), and much more!
Have questions or need help? Contact email@example.com to schedule a consultation!
Tags4th floor Ask Leo book review book talk celebration circulation congratulations copyright databases dental electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food graduation graphs HHSL hhsl event Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch mobile apps new books open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics summer Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- The Hirsh Library is back to normal hours today, January 29th. Welcome back! about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The library won't be staffed tomorrow Wed 1/28 but the Sackler building will be open. For more closing info visit: http://t.co/RrFZy7aovB 09:27:15 PM January 27, 2015 from Mobile Web (M5) ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsUniversity: Tufts will be closed on Wednesday, January 28, due to the winter storm. Some services will be open. More details: http… 09:18:36 PM January 27, 2015 from Mobile Web (M5) ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsMedSchool: New system treats back, joint, and limb pain through electrical pulses rather than drugs http://t.co/5PV7oIo2vY @TuftsP… 03:17:15 PM January 26, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @nprnews: Just in time to be snowed in: Keep warm with beloved books, from @nprbooks http://t.co/IkGDIXjMnY 01:47:09 PM January 26, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- We're still open until 5pm today, but Tufts University is CLOSED tomorrow 1/27/2015. Check for news & updates: http://t.co/a4Zx3xheAR 01:17:08 PM January 26, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook