The National Center for Biotechnology Information collects and curates thousands of protein sequences and related information, so it’s a great place to start if you need information fast.
Step 1: Go to the library homepage at www.library.tufts.edu/hhsl and click the PubMed@Tufts link.
Step 2: In the search box type: “ProteinName AND OrganismName[organism]” and select Protein from the dropdown menu on the left. Click search.
Step 3: Filter by RefSeq on the top right. (These are all standardized and approved protein sequences.)
Step 4: Click on a record of interest.
Step 5: Explore! The links in the right column allow you to find information about the coding gene, see conserved domains, find species with homologous genes, view 3D protein structures, view pathways that contain the protein (often from KEGG), and much more!
Have questions or need help? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a consultation!
Tags4th floor african american history book review books book talk celebration circulation congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours facebook food graduation HHSL hhsl event Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch match day medical school mobile apps new books open access open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review social media staff summer TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- TBBC Event: Nuts and Bolts of Life Sciences Consulting on Wed Oct 1 at 4:30 in M&V412. Pizza served! http://t.co/83HOmw1CmR about 14 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Under10 Lunch Spotlight: Viga Italian Eatery & Caterer | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/fhk6Tpn2H5 about 17 hours ago from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Concerns about new bug in the news Enterovirus D68? Check out the facts from @CDCgov. http://t.co/yLEiMNYhev about 19 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NPRHealth: Vaccine Controversies Are As Social As They Are Medical http://t.co/jFZbWRX5TF about 19 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Daily Dose of mind-numbing cuteness: Marmosets Find Videos Educational. http://t.co/L6ISF89XSe 01:54:43 PM September 29, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NPRHealth: A Doctor Unlocks Mysteries of the Brain By Talking And Watching http://t.co/1rc5a15ZoG 09:33:12 AM September 29, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook