The National Center for Biotechnology Information collects and curates thousands of protein sequences and related information, so it’s a great place to start if you need information fast.
Step 1: Go to the library homepage at www.library.tufts.edu/hhsl and click the PubMed@Tufts link.
Step 2: In the search box type: “ProteinName AND OrganismName[organism]” and select Protein from the dropdown menu on the left. Click search.
Step 3: Filter by RefSeq on the top right. (These are all standardized and approved protein sequences.)
Step 4: Click on a record of interest.
Step 5: Explore! The links in the right column allow you to find information about the coding gene, see conserved domains, find species with homologous genes, view 3D protein structures, view pathways that contain the protein (often from KEGG), and much more!
Have questions or need help? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a consultation!
Tags4th floor 6th floor Ask Leo book review book talk celebration circulation congratulations copyright databases dental electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun lab graduation HHSL hhsl event Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics summer Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @theNCI: Today! NIH celebrates #RareDiseaseDay2015. Details: http://t.co/36jyVtCww2 Watch live: http://t.co/vp7uLaOpL5 @NIH http://t.co… about 3 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @ProQuest: Upcoming maintenance window: Mar 1, 2015, 2 AM UTC for 5 hours. Access to ProQuest products will not be available http://t.co… about 4 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- New DynaMed Mobile Instructions | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/FmxXnuWDeN http://t.co/8h97dGRY2D 10:05:50 AM February 26, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Food and nutrition in numbers 2014 http://t.co/AIDO2DPXe0 02:20:19 PM February 25, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsMedicalCtr: The truth about cracking your neck http://t.co/2FIWj6NhmL 11:30:19 AM February 25, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @medlineplus: Wondering where you can get more information about rare diseases? Join the #NIHchat tomorrow, 2/25 at 2:30 ET 01:47:46 PM February 24, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook