The National Center for Biotechnology Information collects and curates thousands of protein sequences and related information, so it’s a great place to start if you need information fast.
Step 1: Go to the library homepage at www.library.tufts.edu/hhsl and click the PubMed@Tufts link.
Step 2: In the search box type: “ProteinName AND OrganismName[organism]” and select Protein from the dropdown menu on the left. Click search.
Step 3: Filter by RefSeq on the top right. (These are all standardized and approved protein sequences.)
Step 4: Click on a record of interest.
Step 5: Explore! The links in the right column allow you to find information about the coding gene, see conserved domains, find species with homologous genes, view 3D protein structures, view pathways that contain the protein (often from KEGG), and much more!
Have questions or need help? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a consultation!
Tags4th floor 5th floor african american history apps book review books book talk celebration ClinicalKey Clinical Key congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources facebook feedback graduation HHSL hhsl event holidays homepage hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff match day medical school medicine new resource open access open workshop portals president's day recipes resources social media staff technology TUSM twitter website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Great news! You don't actually swallow spiders while you sleep: http://t.co/RN7njPQ0i1 via @sciam about 13 hours ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsDental: TUSDM is hosting a Boston Marathon Vigil for the Tufts community today, noon in the 15th floor Alumni Lounge. All are welc… about 15 hours ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsOPD: Take a first look at new @NIHFunding concepts/potential opportunities available | http://t.co/hYqMZAqPD8 02:26:06 PM April 14, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NPRHealth: Mind Over Milkshake: How Your Thoughts Fool Your Stomach http://t.co/fzfsoCBaaf 09:35:15 AM April 14, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @scifri: On the criticism he got for choosing to debate creationism: "You may be right. Maybe it was a mistake. But we'll see." -@TheSci… 02:40:39 PM April 11, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @nytimeshealth: You asked, we answered: How effective a workout is running on that elliptical machine? #askwell http://t.co/Z9wzePOxlP 12:31:46 PM April 11, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook