The National Center for Biotechnology Information collects and curates thousands of protein sequences and related information, so it’s a great place to start if you need information fast.
Step 1: Go to the library homepage at www.library.tufts.edu/hhsl and click the PubMed@Tufts link.
Step 2: In the search box type: “ProteinName AND OrganismName[organism]” and select Protein from the dropdown menu on the left. Click search.
Step 3: Filter by RefSeq on the top right. (These are all standardized and approved protein sequences.)
Step 4: Click on a record of interest.
Step 5: Explore! The links in the right column allow you to find information about the coding gene, see conserved domains, find species with homologous genes, view 3D protein structures, view pathways that contain the protein (often from KEGG), and much more!
Have questions or need help? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a consultation!
Tags4th floor 6th floor african american history book review book talk celebration circulation congratulations copyright databases electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours facebook food graduation HHSL hhsl event Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch mobile apps new books open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review social media staff summer Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @PLOSONE: Happy Halloween! PLOS ONE’s Spookiest Images of 2014 http://t.co/ip8iYgwytG #EveryONE blog about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @MassDental: Cash for Halloween candy! http://t.co/vBX1P2VJ23 about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @scifri: Why do certain songs scare us? Find out today at 3p ET. http://t.co/aBPXe9fo8d #SpookySciFri http://t.co/MugJK6oXbO about 2 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @DailyScan: Eeek! RT @NewsfromScience: Happy #Halloween! Check out 7 of the creepiest science experiments http://t.co/VMoFEGZ9pm http://… about 4 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @dcatufts: Happy Halloween #tufts! Skeleton inspiration from 1910. http://t.co/ZFj2BnCP13 about 5 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsNutrition: The debate continues over a revised #FDA #nutritionlabel via @WashingtonPost: http://t.co/VHKxixVQnM #addedsugar #nutri… about 5 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook