Copies of the book will be available for purchase at a discounted price of $15.00, cash or check, for those with a Tufts University or Tufts Medical Center ID.
Join us Thursday, March 13th at noon in Room 604 at the Hirsh Health Sciences Library for a book talk with food policy expert and Friedman faculty member, Parke Wilde, Ph.D. Dr. Wilde’s research areas, which include the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and food marketing to children, are at the heart of some the most debated issues in food politics today.
Dr. Wilde’s, Food Policy in the United States: An Introduction (Routledge/ Earthscan, 2013), is “…essential reading for anyone who wants to understand how our food system really works or to take action to change it” according to Marion Nestle (author of Food Politics and What to Eat). In addition, Dr. Wilde’s “U.S. Food Policy” blog (http://www.usfoodpolicy.blogspot.com/) is an essential resource for up-to-date news and commentary on the current state of food politics in America.
Bring your lunch and enjoy cookies and coffee compliments of the library.
Join the Hirsh Health Sciences Library in welcoming back Dr. Randy Christensen, who will be speaking about his book, “Ask Me Why I Hurt.”
Enjoy cookies and coffee as a midday snack in Sackler 516 as Dr. Christensen discusses his inspiring work as a traveling doctor treating homeless children and adolescents.
Tags4th floor Ask Leo book review book talk celebration circulation congratulations copyright databases dental electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food graduation graphs HHSL hhsl event Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch mobile apps new books open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics summer Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @cbquist: Today in 1849, Elizabeth Blackwell became the first woman to earn a medical degree in the United States. http://t.co/Cr0RuqIF5t 03:36:05 PM January 23, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @sgalla: Jordan Smoller, slide on culture of science. #scicomm http://t.co/8Tg8HhVUFM 02:46:31 PM January 23, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Feeling the chill? Have some soup! | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/GSeWgJqmMv http://t.co/GSeWgJqmMv 12:18:54 PM January 23, 2015 from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsUniversity: Winter Storm Watch in effect: Jan 24 12am to 11pm EST MT @NWSBoston Sat storm update. Biggest concern heavy wet snow h… 09:49:38 AM January 23, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @ADANews: What's antitrust go to do with me? Marketplace rules affect dental practices - Find out how. http://t.co/UxShdTHQyu 04:48:36 PM January 22, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Just in time for snow on Sat! RT @sweetfoodie 15 Healthier Lasagnas including skillet, slow cooker, & soup options! http://t.co/u4pJ2MgJuI 01:53:55 PM January 22, 2015 from Twitter Web Client in reply to sweetfoodie ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook