Copies of the book will be available for purchase at a discounted price of $15.00, cash or check, for those with a Tufts University or Tufts Medical Center ID.
Join us Thursday, March 13th at noon in Room 604 at the Hirsh Health Sciences Library for a book talk with food policy expert and Friedman faculty member, Parke Wilde, Ph.D. Dr. Wilde’s research areas, which include the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and food marketing to children, are at the heart of some the most debated issues in food politics today.
Dr. Wilde’s, Food Policy in the United States: An Introduction (Routledge/ Earthscan, 2013), is “…essential reading for anyone who wants to understand how our food system really works or to take action to change it” according to Marion Nestle (author of Food Politics and What to Eat). In addition, Dr. Wilde’s “U.S. Food Policy” blog (http://www.usfoodpolicy.blogspot.com/) is an essential resource for up-to-date news and commentary on the current state of food politics in America.
Bring your lunch and enjoy cookies and coffee compliments of the library.
Join the Hirsh Health Sciences Library in welcoming back Dr. Randy Christensen, who will be speaking about his book, “Ask Me Why I Hurt.”
Enjoy cookies and coffee as a midday snack in Sackler 516 as Dr. Christensen discusses his inspiring work as a traveling doctor treating homeless children and adolescents.
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources staff statistics stress relief summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library Under10 website
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @NYTHealth: Half of all men with newly diagnosed prostate cancer have low-risk tumors. Now many are opting against treatment. https://t.… about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @statnews: Can a pricey implant to treat opioid addiction save lives — and money? https://t.co/2NZbxX3H2W https://t.co/W5qSdbU4Ys about 2 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @HubHealth: At Tufts Dental School, students are learning how to relax: https://t.co/ZtTd8hDDTA https://t.co/VnLAxQh78r about 2 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Political Battles Color Congressional Feud Over Zika Funding https://t.co/wZbQmViZpB about 2 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NPR: Baby boomers will be sicker & costlier to the health care system over the next 14 years than previous generations. https://t.co/t… about 3 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- When it comes to fitness, grit counts more than genetics https://t.co/DRCcwElweD about 3 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook