Copies of the book will be available for purchase at a discounted price of $15.00, cash or check, for those with a Tufts University or Tufts Medical Center ID.
Join us Thursday, March 13th at noon in Room 604 at the Hirsh Health Sciences Library for a book talk with food policy expert and Friedman faculty member, Parke Wilde, Ph.D. Dr. Wilde’s research areas, which include the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and food marketing to children, are at the heart of some the most debated issues in food politics today.
Dr. Wilde’s, Food Policy in the United States: An Introduction (Routledge/ Earthscan, 2013), is “…essential reading for anyone who wants to understand how our food system really works or to take action to change it” according to Marion Nestle (author of Food Politics and What to Eat). In addition, Dr. Wilde’s “U.S. Food Policy” blog (http://www.usfoodpolicy.blogspot.com/) is an essential resource for up-to-date news and commentary on the current state of food politics in America.
Bring your lunch and enjoy cookies and coffee compliments of the library.
Join the Hirsh Health Sciences Library in welcoming back Dr. Randy Christensen, who will be speaking about his book, “Ask Me Why I Hurt.”
Enjoy cookies and coffee as a midday snack in Sackler 516 as Dr. Christensen discusses his inspiring work as a traveling doctor treating homeless children and adolescents.
Tags4th floor 5th floor Ask Leo book review circulation copyright crafts databases dental eBooks electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics summer survey Thanksgiving Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website writing consultants
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Groundbreaking knee surgery eases pain with fast recovery | Health - WCVB Home https://t.co/voRDS4AidS via @WCVB about 2 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @WHO: #WorldAIDSDay: Treat all people living with #HIV https://t.co/nyGGG1Dyu5 #WAD2015 https://t.co/OTsFB9mgnT about 3 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- 12/1 is #WorldAIDSDay- follow the link to find your testing site https://t.co/JotJp8Z35Q about 3 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsPR: Recent grad Sarah Strand is at the top of the world, researching climate change by analyzing permafrost https://t.co/gefVaqG4y… about 3 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Here's a classic article about "bog people." For no other reason than the fact that they're AMAZING. https://t.co/cGTrVD3uux about 3 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @statnews: The FDA has rejected the antidepressant gepirone three times. And yet it's up for review again today https://t.co/W73AGQM3eR about 4 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook