Copies of the book will be available for purchase at a discounted price of $15.00, cash or check, for those with a Tufts University or Tufts Medical Center ID.
Join us Thursday, March 13th at noon in Room 604 at the Hirsh Health Sciences Library for a book talk with food policy expert and Friedman faculty member, Parke Wilde, Ph.D. Dr. Wilde’s research areas, which include the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and food marketing to children, are at the heart of some the most debated issues in food politics today.
Dr. Wilde’s, Food Policy in the United States: An Introduction (Routledge/ Earthscan, 2013), is “…essential reading for anyone who wants to understand how our food system really works or to take action to change it” according to Marion Nestle (author of Food Politics and What to Eat). In addition, Dr. Wilde’s “U.S. Food Policy” blog (http://www.usfoodpolicy.blogspot.com/) is an essential resource for up-to-date news and commentary on the current state of food politics in America.
Bring your lunch and enjoy cookies and coffee compliments of the library.
Join the Hirsh Health Sciences Library in welcoming back Dr. Randy Christensen, who will be speaking about his book, “Ask Me Why I Hurt.”
Enjoy cookies and coffee as a midday snack in Sackler 516 as Dr. Christensen discusses his inspiring work as a traveling doctor treating homeless children and adolescents.
Tags4th floor 5th floor 6th floor Ask Leo book review books circulation copyright databases eBooks electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours library service desk library staff lunch new books new resource open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics stress relief summer therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website writing consultants
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Welcome @TuftsDental Class of 2019! We're looking forward to meeting you all! about 22 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @theNCI: Does someone who inherits a cancer-predisposing mutation always get cancer? No, and here's why: http://t.co/zK2G07tiwX about 22 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NPR: How the stethoscope sparked a culture of listening http://t.co/1LyEKVw1dQ @christophjoyce @NPRHealth http://t.co/aLlSqbdzjN 08:49:02 AM July 30, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NPRHealth: A Sense Of Self: What Happens When Your Brain Says You Don't Exist http://t.co/xjypUdMK5q 02:42:43 PM July 28, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @sciam: Melting Mummies Are on Thin Ice, Thanks to Climate Change http://t.co/YT82Xrh1kf #science 12:22:14 PM July 28, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Writing Consultants sessions are resuming 8/2 with a new schedule! | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/gGwL50TkmN 12:12:14 PM July 28, 2015 from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook