Join us Thursday, March 13th at noon in Room 604 at the Hirsh Health Sciences Library for a book talk with food policy expert and Friedman faculty member, Parke Wilde, Ph.D. Dr. Wilde’s research areas, which include the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and food marketing to children, are at the heart of some the most debated issues in food politics today.
Dr. Wilde’s, Food Policy in the United States: An Introduction (Routledge/ Earthscan, 2013), is “…essential reading for anyone who wants to understand how our food system really works or to take action to change it” according to Marion Nestle (author of Food Politics and What to Eat). In addition, Dr. Wilde’s “U.S. Food Policy” blog (http://www.usfoodpolicy.blogspot.com/) is an essential resource for up-to-date news and commentary on the current state of food politics in America.
Bring your lunch and enjoy cookies and coffee compliments of the library.
Join the Hirsh Health Sciences Library in welcoming back Dr. Randy Christensen, who will be speaking about his book, “Ask Me Why I Hurt.”
Enjoy cookies and coffee as a midday snack in Sackler 516 as Dr. Christensen discusses his inspiring work as a traveling doctor treating homeless children and adolescents.
Tags4th floor 5th floor african american history apps book review books book talk celebration circulation Clinical Key ClinicalKey congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources facebook feedback graduation HHSL hhsl event holidays homepage hours Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff match day medical school medicine new resource open access open workshop portals president's day PubMed resources social media staff technology TUSM twitter website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Printing is on the fritz again in HHSL. Sorry for the inconvenience, we are working on trying to stabilize it. about 1 hour ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Feel free to come to the desk on the 4 floor with any printing problems you have in the meantime. We're open until 11. about 20 hours ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Printing is spotty again in the library tonight. IT is working on it, and hopes to have everything rebooted soon. about 20 hours ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsOcl: Tix available for annual @TuftsEWB 5K Run/Walk ! http://t.co/sytTMVT5Am about 22 hours ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @Lawgeek: Beware the new anti-open access bill in Congress. http://t.co/kDuV0KQG9P about 22 hours ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @CorbettDooren: Controversial Proposed Medicare Prescription Drug Changes Scrapped http://t.co/4wtdfvlIrS 06:26:07 PM March 10, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook