Join us Thursday, March 13th at noon in Room 604 at the Hirsh Health Sciences Library for a book talk with food policy expert and Friedman faculty member, Parke Wilde, Ph.D. Dr. Wilde’s research areas, which include the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and food marketing to children, are at the heart of some the most debated issues in food politics today.
Dr. Wilde’s, Food Policy in the United States: An Introduction (Routledge/ Earthscan, 2013), is “…essential reading for anyone who wants to understand how our food system really works or to take action to change it” according to Marion Nestle (author of Food Politics and What to Eat). In addition, Dr. Wilde’s “U.S. Food Policy” blog (http://www.usfoodpolicy.blogspot.com/) is an essential resource for up-to-date news and commentary on the current state of food politics in America.
Bring your lunch and enjoy cookies and coffee compliments of the library.
Join the Hirsh Health Sciences Library in welcoming back Dr. Randy Christensen, who will be speaking about his book, “Ask Me Why I Hurt.”
Enjoy cookies and coffee as a midday snack in Sackler 516 as Dr. Christensen discusses his inspiring work as a traveling doctor treating homeless children and adolescents.
Tags4th floor african american history apps book review books book talk celebration circulation congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours facebook food graduation HHSL hhsl event holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch match day medical school mobile apps new books open access open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review social media staff technology TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @WHO: Dr Margaret Chan's speech on #Ebola today in #Guinea http://t.co/NGLWwjtdZB about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @AmerDentalAssn: Traveling Massachusetts Dentist Treats Children Suffering from Severe Cavities http://t.co/lPG6ovGLFd about 18 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Good lunch read by @WIRED "Yum, mold and proteobacteria! Scientists discovered a world of microbes on cheese rinds" http://t.co/twTVzMckHP about 20 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @USDAFoodSafety: Not sure if food is safe to eat after a #Sharkado? 'AskKaren' our database of common #FoodSafety questions can help: ht… about 23 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Need lunch under $10 in under 10 min? Check out Pita Kabob, this month's Under10 Lunch Spotlight | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/EzM2o0Ma36 10:14:39 AM July 31, 2014 from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Fun! RT @HealthyBoston Tomorrow 7-8PM FREE Salsa@ O'DayPlayground in #Southie Get fit w/@BostonParksDept http://t.co/aXRkGrqAcV #BostonMoves 04:40:42 PM July 30, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook