Join us Thursday, March 13th at noon in Room 604 at the Hirsh Health Sciences Library for a book talk with food policy expert and Friedman faculty member, Parke Wilde, Ph.D. Dr. Wilde’s research areas, which include the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and food marketing to children, are at the heart of some the most debated issues in food politics today.
Dr. Wilde’s, Food Policy in the United States: An Introduction (Routledge/ Earthscan, 2013), is “…essential reading for anyone who wants to understand how our food system really works or to take action to change it” according to Marion Nestle (author of Food Politics and What to Eat). In addition, Dr. Wilde’s “U.S. Food Policy” blog (http://www.usfoodpolicy.blogspot.com/) is an essential resource for up-to-date news and commentary on the current state of food politics in America.
Bring your lunch and enjoy cookies and coffee compliments of the library.
Join the Hirsh Health Sciences Library in welcoming back Dr. Randy Christensen, who will be speaking about his book, “Ask Me Why I Hurt.”
Enjoy cookies and coffee as a midday snack in Sackler 516 as Dr. Christensen discusses his inspiring work as a traveling doctor treating homeless children and adolescents.
Tags4th floor african american history apps book review books book talk celebration Clinical Key congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours facebook food graduation HHSL hhsl event holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch match day medical school mobile apps new books open access open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review social media staff technology TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @TuftsNutrition: Tomato season is upon us. If their juicy taste alone doesn't tempt you, read about their myriad health benefits http://… about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- BrowZine now Available: View Journals Directly from your Tablet! | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/fQgshwWab3 about 2 hours ago from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsOPD: RT @NIHgrants: ICYMI #NIH RT @RockTalking: Myth busting again! NIH MultiPI applications do as well as single PI http://t.co/… about 19 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsOOS: On the #Tufts Boston campus? Stop by Sackler 220 tomorrow at 11am to learn more about the #Green Office Certification Progra… about 21 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Our central elevator is currently out of service. Please use either the front or rear to access other floors of the library. 11:21:15 AM July 21, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsUniversity: New signage on our #Boston health sciences campus! http://t.co/uhuzrj63RB 09:30:03 AM July 21, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook