Copies of the book will be available for purchase at a discounted price of $15.00, cash or check, for those with a Tufts University or Tufts Medical Center ID.
Join us Thursday, March 13th at noon in Room 604 at the Hirsh Health Sciences Library for a book talk with food policy expert and Friedman faculty member, Parke Wilde, Ph.D. Dr. Wilde’s research areas, which include the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and food marketing to children, are at the heart of some the most debated issues in food politics today.
Dr. Wilde’s, Food Policy in the United States: An Introduction (Routledge/ Earthscan, 2013), is “…essential reading for anyone who wants to understand how our food system really works or to take action to change it” according to Marion Nestle (author of Food Politics and What to Eat). In addition, Dr. Wilde’s “U.S. Food Policy” blog (http://www.usfoodpolicy.blogspot.com/) is an essential resource for up-to-date news and commentary on the current state of food politics in America.
Bring your lunch and enjoy cookies and coffee compliments of the library.
Join the Hirsh Health Sciences Library in welcoming back Dr. Randy Christensen, who will be speaking about his book, “Ask Me Why I Hurt.”
Enjoy cookies and coffee as a midday snack in Sackler 516 as Dr. Christensen discusses his inspiring work as a traveling doctor treating homeless children and adolescents.
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources staff statistics stress relief summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library Under10 website
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @TuftsMedSchool: Asst. Prof. Pei-Jung Lin finds 1 in 10 Alzheimer's patients at risk for avoidable hospital stays: https://t.co/sUyVPnkI… about 3 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @HarvardChanSPH: Making it easier to calculate the costs—and benefits—of immunization https://t.co/OFC3M87Uf1 https://t.co/GtwCDmN05q about 6 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsUniversity: “A population eating less meat than we eat now would, generally, feed more people,” Tufts' Christian Peters: https://t… about 7 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @theNCI: Sunburns and even suntans may increase your chance of skin cancer. How to protect your skin: https://t.co/CK5kp2YLNx https://t.… 02:43:22 PM July 22, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @DannyD_310: A little veggie chemistry for your weekend https://t.co/sfTdAK4oLY c/o @sciam 01:37:44 PM July 22, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @Reuters_Health: The right way to run. WATCH https://t.co/zMgl0HEPC1 @NYULMC #HealthWatch https://t.co/4c18d7lWYy 12:37:41 PM July 22, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook