Copies of the book will be available for purchase at a discounted price of $15.00, cash or check, for those with a Tufts University or Tufts Medical Center ID.
Join us Thursday, March 13th at noon in Room 604 at the Hirsh Health Sciences Library for a book talk with food policy expert and Friedman faculty member, Parke Wilde, Ph.D. Dr. Wilde’s research areas, which include the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and food marketing to children, are at the heart of some the most debated issues in food politics today.
Dr. Wilde’s, Food Policy in the United States: An Introduction (Routledge/ Earthscan, 2013), is “…essential reading for anyone who wants to understand how our food system really works or to take action to change it” according to Marion Nestle (author of Food Politics and What to Eat). In addition, Dr. Wilde’s “U.S. Food Policy” blog (http://www.usfoodpolicy.blogspot.com/) is an essential resource for up-to-date news and commentary on the current state of food politics in America.
Bring your lunch and enjoy cookies and coffee compliments of the library.
Join the Hirsh Health Sciences Library in welcoming back Dr. Randy Christensen, who will be speaking about his book, “Ask Me Why I Hurt.”
Enjoy cookies and coffee as a midday snack in Sackler 516 as Dr. Christensen discusses his inspiring work as a traveling doctor treating homeless children and adolescents.
Tags4th floor 5th floor Ask Leo book review circulation crafts data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics summer Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website writing consultants
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Drink up! https://t.co/gfEN3TIwQy 12:32:46 PM February 05, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NPRHealth: Is It Time To Stop Using Race In Medical Research? https://t.co/cko5UZuCqt 12:31:09 PM February 05, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- What You Get When You Mix Chickens, China and Climate Change https://t.co/YMdGzkwAur 12:14:52 PM February 05, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @bmj_latest: Longer shifts don’t increase harm to patients, finds controversial study @NEJM that has been called unethical https://t.co/… 08:13:59 AM February 05, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- De-stress next week with therapy dogs, crafts, snacks, and more! | What's New @ HHSL https://t.co/6FMknO2VBU 02:30:39 PM February 04, 2016 from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Do you use citation tools, such as EndNote, RefWorks, Zotero, & Mendeley? We would love to learn more: https://t.co/OE0rziKRWu 01:35:38 PM February 04, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook