Join us Thursday, March 13th at noon in Room 604 at the Hirsh Health Sciences Library for a book talk with food policy expert and Friedman faculty member, Parke Wilde, Ph.D. Dr. Wilde’s research areas, which include the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and food marketing to children, are at the heart of some the most debated issues in food politics today.
Dr. Wilde’s, Food Policy in the United States: An Introduction (Routledge/ Earthscan, 2013), is “…essential reading for anyone who wants to understand how our food system really works or to take action to change it” according to Marion Nestle (author of Food Politics and What to Eat). In addition, Dr. Wilde’s “U.S. Food Policy” blog (http://www.usfoodpolicy.blogspot.com/) is an essential resource for up-to-date news and commentary on the current state of food politics in America.
Bring your lunch and enjoy cookies and coffee compliments of the library.
Join the Hirsh Health Sciences Library in welcoming back Dr. Randy Christensen, who will be speaking about his book, “Ask Me Why I Hurt.”
Enjoy cookies and coffee as a midday snack in Sackler 516 as Dr. Christensen discusses his inspiring work as a traveling doctor treating homeless children and adolescents.
Tags4th floor 5th floor african american history apps book review books book talk celebration circulation ClinicalKey Clinical Key congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources facebook feedback graduation HHSL hhsl event holidays homepage hours library service desk library staff match day medical school medicine new resource open access open workshop portals president's day PubMed resources social media staff technology toolkits TUSM twitter website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @TuftsOcl: Tix available for annual @TuftsEWB 5K Run/Walk ! http://t.co/sytTMVT5Am about 1 hour ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @Lawgeek: Beware the new anti-open access bill in Congress. http://t.co/kDuV0KQG9P about 1 hour ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @CorbettDooren: Controversial Proposed Medicare Prescription Drug Changes Scrapped http://t.co/4wtdfvlIrS about 3 hours ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- “Get Published! Tools for Managing your Writing” Open Workshop this Thursday 3/13 | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/FqSunGhD4r about 12 hours ago from bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- If you have any problems, make sure to come over to the desk on the 4th floor. We'll be here all day to give you a hand. 12:47:30 PM March 09, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Printing seems to mostly be working again! The printers all have paper, all jams are cleared, and nothing's on fire. 12:47:06 PM March 09, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook