Copies of the book will be available for purchase at a discounted price of $15.00, cash or check, for those with a Tufts University or Tufts Medical Center ID.
Join us Thursday, March 13th at noon in Room 604 at the Hirsh Health Sciences Library for a book talk with food policy expert and Friedman faculty member, Parke Wilde, Ph.D. Dr. Wilde’s research areas, which include the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and food marketing to children, are at the heart of some the most debated issues in food politics today.
Dr. Wilde’s, Food Policy in the United States: An Introduction (Routledge/ Earthscan, 2013), is “…essential reading for anyone who wants to understand how our food system really works or to take action to change it” according to Marion Nestle (author of Food Politics and What to Eat). In addition, Dr. Wilde’s “U.S. Food Policy” blog (http://www.usfoodpolicy.blogspot.com/) is an essential resource for up-to-date news and commentary on the current state of food politics in America.
Bring your lunch and enjoy cookies and coffee compliments of the library.
Join the Hirsh Health Sciences Library in welcoming back Dr. Randy Christensen, who will be speaking about his book, “Ask Me Why I Hurt.”
Enjoy cookies and coffee as a midday snack in Sackler 516 as Dr. Christensen discusses his inspiring work as a traveling doctor treating homeless children and adolescents.
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources staff statistics stress relief summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library Under10 website
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @NYTHealth: Germs in the subway are the harmless kind https://t.co/Sz7p3hDMGz about 11 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Putting Breast Cancer on a Diet https://t.co/lHJhMUCPfO via @nytimeswell about 13 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Do you have any plans for 4th of July Weekend? We have some ideas for you! | What's New @ HHSL https://t.co/Og55ivrGOI about 13 hours ago from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- An N.Y.U. Study Gone Wrong, and a Top Researcher Dismissed https://t.co/nKNgscPpov about 15 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsUniversity: Did you know that #TaiChi can help alleviate knee pain? Read more about the new Tufts study: https://t.co/B0LIJEPfvr #… about 15 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @AHRQNews: "Undermining a small but important federal health agency is a dangerous gamble" by @MLMillenson via @statnews https://t.co/Uo… about 15 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook