Exciting news about your favorite HHSL band! As a result of fans’ overwhelming support during the Battle of the HSL Bands, the exhilarating March 17th performance of our own Jumbo Go Bragh has captured the attention of the Irish Government and, along with it, an official commendation for their nuanced rendition of a traditional tune. These accolades have led to several invitations for the group to perform at various awards shows, including the Tonys, the MTV VMAs, the Teen Choice Awards, and the J.Q. Adams Elementary School’s Centennial Jamboree.
The group also plans to audition for the next season of The Voice at the end of the summer.
Due to Match Day Celebrations for our 2014 School of Medicine graduates, the library service desk will be closed from 11am-2pm today. The Food 4 Thought Cafe will be closed all day. However, the library building is open normal hours, so feel free to study on floors 5-7. Congratulations to all of our TUSM ’14 students!
“National DNA Day is a unique day when students, teachers and the public can learn more about genetics and genomics! The day commemorates the completion of the Human Genome Project in April 2003, and the discovery of DNA’s double helix.” – National Human Genome Research Institute
Nova PBS has a collection of interesting web exhibits surrounding DNA and other genetically coded materials:
Anatomy of Photo 51- Explore Rosalind Franklin’s famous x-ray image, a key to understanding the double-helix structure of DNA.
Before Watson & Crick - How did scientists discover that DNA was the blueprint of life?
Picturing the Molecules of Life - Over the past 50 years, scientific images of DNA, ribosomes, and RNA have catalyzed our understanding of biology.
If you have a favorite molecule, you can view it on your favorite Apple device with a free app called Molecules. The program allows you to display the structure in different rendering styles, rotate and zoom. You can even add custom molecular structures!
The Hirsh Health Sciences Library congratulates the class of 2013 on their matches!
On Friday, March 15th, Tufts’ medical graduates officially find out their residency destinations at noon. We expect to be abuzz with activity on the 4th floor from about 11am-2pm.
The library service desk will remain open for all students, faculty and staff who need assistance during that time.
Photo modified from nlmAdestiny on Flickr.
Tags4th floor african american history apps book review books book talk celebration circulation congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours facebook food graduation HHSL hhsl event holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch match day medical school mobile apps new books open access open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review social media staff summer TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @UnionSqDonuts: Want great seats to the sox game tonight? Shop @BosPublicMarket @HelloGreenway 136 Blackstone St today from 11-3 for a c… about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Interesting story from @nprscience: children's drawings at 4yrs may give insight into their thinking skills at 14 http://t.co/Oug9cZxt71 about 3 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsCSDD: In Boston on Aug. 25th? Don't miss the free event hosted by Tufts CSDD and @ManhattanInst http://t.co/fJugV6lOtl http://t.co… about 5 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @stefaniei: I yawn. You yawn. Animals and babies yawn. One possible reason why: Our brains are too hot. http://t.co/A85E0khwDD http://t.… about 22 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Liberian musicians raise #ebola awareness through this catchy (sorry, no better word for it!) song via @nprnews http://t.co/FwsUsTUwCd 11:21:04 AM August 19, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Under10 Lunch Spotlight: Momogoose and Saté | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/9B1BECAKof 10:01:20 AM August 19, 2014 from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook