Exciting news about your favorite HHSL band! As a result of fans’ overwhelming support during the Battle of the HSL Bands, the exhilarating March 17th performance of our own Jumbo Go Bragh has captured the attention of the Irish Government and, along with it, an official commendation for their nuanced rendition of a traditional tune. These accolades have led to several invitations for the group to perform at various awards shows, including the Tonys, the MTV VMAs, the Teen Choice Awards, and the J.Q. Adams Elementary School’s Centennial Jamboree.
The group also plans to audition for the next season of The Voice at the end of the summer.
Due to Match Day Celebrations for our 2014 School of Medicine graduates, the library service desk will be closed from 11am-2pm today. The Food 4 Thought Cafe will be closed all day. However, the library building is open normal hours, so feel free to study on floors 5-7. Congratulations to all of our TUSM ’14 students!
“National DNA Day is a unique day when students, teachers and the public can learn more about genetics and genomics! The day commemorates the completion of the Human Genome Project in April 2003, and the discovery of DNA’s double helix.” – National Human Genome Research Institute
Nova PBS has a collection of interesting web exhibits surrounding DNA and other genetically coded materials:
Anatomy of Photo 51– Explore Rosalind Franklin’s famous x-ray image, a key to understanding the double-helix structure of DNA.
Before Watson & Crick – How did scientists discover that DNA was the blueprint of life?
Picturing the Molecules of Life – Over the past 50 years, scientific images of DNA, ribosomes, and RNA have catalyzed our understanding of biology.
If you have a favorite molecule, you can view it on your favorite Apple device with a free app called Molecules. The program allows you to display the structure in different rendering styles, rotate and zoom. You can even add custom molecular structures!
The Hirsh Health Sciences Library congratulates the class of 2013 on their matches!
On Friday, March 15th, Tufts’ medical graduates officially find out their residency destinations at noon. We expect to be abuzz with activity on the 4th floor from about 11am-2pm.
The library service desk will remain open for all students, faculty and staff who need assistance during that time.
Photo modified from nlmAdestiny on Flickr.
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan Leo library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop Open Workshops portals recipes resources staff statistics summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library website welcome!
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @statnews: A cure for the common cold and 4 other medical predictions that haven’t (yet) come true https://t.co/QNllmFRory https://t.co/… about 14 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @GreenTufts: The Green Labs Initiative at Tufts identifies resource-saving opportunities in labs and clinics across campus. https://t.co… about 16 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Sales Fall Again in Mexico’s Second Year of Taxing Soda https://t.co/2tIqjctHXZ via @UpshotNYT about 20 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @ncats_nih_gov: #RareDisease Day at NIH 2017 will be streaming live today via webcast! Tune in: https://t.co/wgHb5wtd5f #RDDNIH https:/… about 21 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsNutrition: How do people at different points of #FoodProduction make decisions? @friedmansprout students go behind the scenes: htt… 02:02:48 PM February 24, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Come and make a Mardi Gras mask! https://t.co/RV2C0rupaw 12:16:48 PM February 24, 2017 from Twitter for Android ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook