Exciting news about your favorite HHSL band! As a result of fans’ overwhelming support during the Battle of the HSL Bands, the exhilarating March 17th performance of our own Jumbo Go Bragh has captured the attention of the Irish Government and, along with it, an official commendation for their nuanced rendition of a traditional tune. These accolades have led to several invitations for the group to perform at various awards shows, including the Tonys, the MTV VMAs, the Teen Choice Awards, and the J.Q. Adams Elementary School’s Centennial Jamboree.
The group also plans to audition for the next season of The Voice at the end of the summer.
Due to Match Day Celebrations for our 2014 School of Medicine graduates, the library service desk will be closed from 11am-2pm today. The Food 4 Thought Cafe will be closed all day. However, the library building is open normal hours, so feel free to study on floors 5-7. Congratulations to all of our TUSM ’14 students!
“National DNA Day is a unique day when students, teachers and the public can learn more about genetics and genomics! The day commemorates the completion of the Human Genome Project in April 2003, and the discovery of DNA’s double helix.” – National Human Genome Research Institute
Nova PBS has a collection of interesting web exhibits surrounding DNA and other genetically coded materials:
Anatomy of Photo 51– Explore Rosalind Franklin’s famous x-ray image, a key to understanding the double-helix structure of DNA.
Before Watson & Crick – How did scientists discover that DNA was the blueprint of life?
Picturing the Molecules of Life – Over the past 50 years, scientific images of DNA, ribosomes, and RNA have catalyzed our understanding of biology.
If you have a favorite molecule, you can view it on your favorite Apple device with a free app called Molecules. The program allows you to display the structure in different rendering styles, rotate and zoom. You can even add custom molecular structures!
The Hirsh Health Sciences Library congratulates the class of 2013 on their matches!
On Friday, March 15th, Tufts’ medical graduates officially find out their residency destinations at noon. We expect to be abuzz with activity on the 4th floor from about 11am-2pm.
The library service desk will remain open for all students, faculty and staff who need assistance during that time.
Photo modified from nlmAdestiny on Flickr.
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics stress relief summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library Under10 website
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @AAPHDnews: Teach Kids How Water Can Help Keep Their Mouths Healthy! https://t.co/jtnXKGTnau (Photo: Bill Hughes, AP) https://t.co/7PhHM… about 28 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @Teeth_Matter: Powerful images of toothbrushes from around the globe remind us that some families lack access to them https://t.co/QDtCi… about 28 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @mayoclinicsport: Childhood obesity is a major problem in the U.S. Teach your kids a healthy lifestyle from a young age: https://t.co/J1… about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @sciam: Scientists have concocted mental fitness regimens to strengthen weak thinking skills in students—in effect, m... https://t.co/E3… about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Hospitals aim to stop vote on how they’re paid https://t.co/sjJuPEX8ft via @BostonGlobe about 2 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @scifri: Speaking of #TBT... why do we get nostalgic, anyway? https://t.co/SftDskKPT9 https://t.co/0ULAXPQIT6 about 19 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook