We are pleased to announce the creation of two research guides that highlight some of our archival materials. Funded by an Express Library Digitization Award from the National Network of Libraries of Medicine New England Region, they contain images and links to full-text articles from the library’s collection of materials regarding Tufts’ role in the community-health- center movement and the Jewish physicians who joined the Tufts faculty as a result of the “German Brain Drain” in World War II. We encourage you to visit these guides and experience the rich history of Tufts University School of Medicine!
Boston to Mound Bayou: Columbia Point & Delta Health Center
With its establishment of the Columbia Point Health Center (Boston, MA) and Delta Health Center, Inc. (Mound Bayou, MS), Tufts helped launch the community-health-center movement. This guide features background information about the community-health-center movement as well as materials related to the pioneering work of TUSM faculty members H. Jack Geiger and Count Gibson.
Excellence in Exile: German Emigré Physicians at TUSM
The materials in this guide pertain to the following TUSM faculty members: Alice Ettinger, Joseph Igershiemer, Gerhard Schmidt, and Siegfried Thannhauser.
Image credits: Tufts University
Tags4th floor african american history apps book review books book talk celebration Clinical Key congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours facebook food graduation HHSL hhsl event holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch match day medical school mobile apps new books open access open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review social media staff technology TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @TuftsOPD: RT @NIHgrants: ICYMI #NIH RT @RockTalking: Myth busting again! NIH MultiPI applications do as well as single PI http://t.co/… about 12 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsOOS: On the #Tufts Boston campus? Stop by Sackler 220 tomorrow at 11am to learn more about the #Green Office Certification Progra… about 14 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Our central elevator is currently out of service. Please use either the front or rear to access other floors of the library. about 17 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsUniversity: New signage on our #Boston health sciences campus! http://t.co/uhuzrj63RB about 19 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NatGeo: Spot the #Apollo landing sites on Sunday for Apollo 11's 45th anniversary: http://t.co/VwQXDZ1d3F 11:59:22 AM July 19, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NBCNewsHealth: Good News: AIDS Diagnoses Plunge 30 Percent in U.S. http://t.co/WM0uqhGFXC 11:40:53 AM July 19, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook