The National Center for Biotechnology Information collects and curates thousands of protein sequences and related information, so it’s a great place to start if you need information fast.
Step 1: Go to the library homepage at www.library.tufts.edu/hhsl and click the PubMed@Tufts link.
Step 2: In the search box type: “ProteinName AND OrganismName[organism]” and select Protein from the dropdown menu on the left. Click search.
Step 3: Filter by RefSeq on the top right. (These are all standardized and approved protein sequences.)
Step 4: Click on a record of interest.
Step 5: Explore! The links in the right column allow you to find information about the coding gene, see conserved domains, find species with homologous genes, view 3D protein structures, view pathways that contain the protein (often from KEGG), and much more!
Have questions or need help? Contact email@example.com to schedule a consultation!
Tags4th floor 5th floor african american history apps book review books book talk celebration ClinicalKey Clinical Key congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources facebook feedback graduation HHSL hhsl event holidays homepage hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff match day medical school medicine new resource open access open workshop portals president's day recipes resources social media staff technology TUSM twitter website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Speaking of bikes... RT @TuftsUniversity Faculty, students to bike 100 miles around campuses: http://t.co/5FrWhwd74O via @TuftsDaily about 16 hours ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @tuftsctsi: Dr. Blanton of @TuftsMedSchool says nowhere in medical training are you taught how to come up with scientific project's budg… about 18 hours ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- No need to wait at the pharmacy for this Rx! New program lets #BMC doctors #prescribeabike to help fight obesity http://t.co/y2XNR1ukPE about 20 hours ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsDental: Did you know that April is Oral Cancer Awareness Month? Make sure you are receiving regular oral cancer exams- early detec… 11:06:17 AM April 19, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @theNCI: The Team Science Toolkit has more than 800 resources to enhance team-based research. Check it out! http://t.co/U6STjytFIj 12:20:32 PM April 18, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsMedicalCtr: RT @USNewsHealth: Don't worry, be happy! @jeffhalevy explains how to kill #stress with kindness: http://t.co/REpVZJeiYR 12:20:01 PM April 18, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook