The National Center for Biotechnology Information collects and curates thousands of protein sequences and related information, so it’s a great place to start if you need information fast.
Step 1: Go to the library homepage at www.library.tufts.edu/hhsl and click the PubMed@Tufts link.
Step 2: In the search box type: “ProteinName AND OrganismName[organism]” and select Protein from the dropdown menu on the left. Click search.
Step 3: Filter by RefSeq on the top right. (These are all standardized and approved protein sequences.)
Step 4: Click on a record of interest.
Step 5: Explore! The links in the right column allow you to find information about the coding gene, see conserved domains, find species with homologous genes, view 3D protein structures, view pathways that contain the protein (often from KEGG), and much more!
Have questions or need help? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a consultation!
Tags4th floor african american history apps book review books book talk celebration Clinical Key congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours facebook food graduation HHSL hhsl event holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch match day medical school mobile apps new books open access open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review social media staff technology TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- We're ready to tackle the @TuftsOOS #GreenOfficeCertification Challenge! Our office is good at being green, but we're aiming for platinum! about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsNutrition: Tomato season is upon us. If their juicy taste alone doesn't tempt you, read about their myriad health benefits http://… about 3 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- BrowZine now Available: View Journals Directly from your Tablet! | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/fQgshwWab3 about 4 hours ago from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsOPD: RT @NIHgrants: ICYMI #NIH RT @RockTalking: Myth busting again! NIH MultiPI applications do as well as single PI http://t.co/… about 21 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsOOS: On the #Tufts Boston campus? Stop by Sackler 220 tomorrow at 11am to learn more about the #Green Office Certification Progra… about 23 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Our central elevator is currently out of service. Please use either the front or rear to access other floors of the library. 11:21:15 AM July 21, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook