The National Center for Biotechnology Information collects and curates thousands of protein sequences and related information, so it’s a great place to start if you need information fast.
Step 1: Go to the library homepage at www.library.tufts.edu/hhsl and click the PubMed@Tufts link.
Step 2: In the search box type: “ProteinName AND OrganismName[organism]” and select Protein from the dropdown menu on the left. Click search.
Step 3: Filter by RefSeq on the top right. (These are all standardized and approved protein sequences.)
Step 4: Click on a record of interest.
Step 5: Explore! The links in the right column allow you to find information about the coding gene, see conserved domains, find species with homologous genes, view 3D protein structures, view pathways that contain the protein (often from KEGG), and much more!
Have questions or need help? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a consultation!
Tags4th floor 5th floor african american history apps book review books book talk celebration circulation Clinical Key ClinicalKey congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources facebook feedback graduation HHSL hhsl event holidays homepage hours Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff match day medical school medicine new resource open access open workshop portals president's day PubMed resources social media staff technology TUSM twitter website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- http://t.co/1zz6n3JuKp St. Paddy's Day fun on the way- vote Mon & help us win BotB! @TuftsDental @JMHNRCA @NutritionCerts about 1 hour ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsTech: Vaxess has been selected as ViE Award finalist for #silk based #vaccine stabilization technology: http://t.co/YdzgdAGm7j about 1 hour ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @scifri: Happy World Wide Web anniversary! http://t.co/rdbiJyYHY9 Submitted 25 years today: "Information Management: A Proposal." #vagu… about 1 hour ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- http://t.co/1zz6n3JuKp St. Paddy's Day fun on the way- vote Mon & help us win BotB! @TuftsMedSchool @tuftsctsi @lisagualtieri @TischLibrary about 1 hour ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Printing is up and running again as of this morning. If you experience any problems please come and stop by the desk. about 3 hours ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Printing is down at the moment, so if you need help you can come down to the desk on the 4th floor. Otherwise, it should be back up soon! about 16 hours ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook