The National Center for Biotechnology Information collects and curates thousands of protein sequences and related information, so it’s a great place to start if you need information fast.
Step 1: Go to the library homepage at www.library.tufts.edu/hhsl and click the PubMed@Tufts link.
Step 2: In the search box type: “ProteinName AND OrganismName[organism]” and select Protein from the dropdown menu on the left. Click search.
Step 3: Filter by RefSeq on the top right. (These are all standardized and approved protein sequences.)
Step 4: Click on a record of interest.
Step 5: Explore! The links in the right column allow you to find information about the coding gene, see conserved domains, find species with homologous genes, view 3D protein structures, view pathways that contain the protein (often from KEGG), and much more!
Have questions or need help? Contact email@example.com to schedule a consultation!
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources staff statistics stress relief summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library Under10 website
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @statnews: Cash prizes for pharma are needed to fight superbugs, says @pharmalot https://t.co/dJI4AaDKiV https://t.co/T3pIu80TUA about 16 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @marionnestle: Does glyphosate (Roundup) cause cancer? https://t.co/JupVboqi5G about 29 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @wgbhnews: Report: NFL Sought To Influence Study On Brain Injuries https://t.co/RyMQUT35Zk https://t.co/J9ickMMb1N about 17 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @JMHNRCA: Great Q&A with @Aging_Reserch on sarcopenia: https://t.co/RXmbbo2YxP #NutritionAging about 18 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @marionnestle: Curious about what new products are coming? See https://t.co/sZdSIiCG1M about 20 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- So many people are dying of drug overdoses that they're easing the donated organ shortage https://t.co/zQxB5pDQyP about 22 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook