Join us Wednesday, December 2nd at noon in SK516 for our second Sweet Talks @ Hirsh event! We’re excited to welcome Dean Nadeem Karimbux. Bring your lunch and enjoy hearing about Dean Karimbux’s career path, the choices he made along the way, how his field has changed during his career, and advice he has for the next generation of professionals that we are educating here at Tufts—all in a casual, conversational manner with time for a Q&A.
Coffee, tea, and dessert will be provided by the library!
Welcome back everybody!
As you settle in to classes, it’s time for the Tufts University School of Dental Medicine to get Back to BaSiCsss! We hope you had a restful break, but the Basic Science/Clinical Science Spiral Seminar Series is back and kicking into high gear already.
The Hirsh Health Sciences Library is offering a workshop just for D’16s, to help refresh your memories about what you learned about research and finding evidence in your Epidemiology course. We’re offering the class four times over the next few months, and we hope to see you all as you meet with your groups and prepare your research questions, parse your PICOs, and find your evidence!
Please register for a session by following the links below:
January 15, 2015 / noon – 1:00 pm / Sackler 510 http://tufts.libcal.com/event.php?id=890083
February 12, 2015 / noon – 1:00 pm / Sackler 510 http://tufts.libcal.com/event.php?id=890084
March 12, 2015 / noon – 1:00 pm / Sackler 510 http://tufts.libcal.com/event.php?id=890085
April 2, 2015 / noon – 1:00 pm / Sackler 510 http://tufts.libcal.com/event.php?id=890086
Space is limited, so be sure to register early. Bring your clinical case information with you so you can work on your research during the Workshop!
Check out the Dental Medicine portal on the library homepage.
We have picked out our 5 favorites, plus links to a whole lot more. Drug information, anatomy, board reviews… it’s all there.
Take a look and tell us what you think.
Dr. Charles B. Millstein, D62, recently wrote an article appearing in the Winter 2013 issue of the Journal of the Massachusetts Dental Society. The cover-story gives a historical overview of the many local impacts of the Gies Report, published in 1926 and reporting on a four-year survey of dental education in the United States and Canada. One of the impacts was the forming of the graduate teaching program at the University of Rochester, where six deans of Dental Medicine at Tufts earned their degrees.
Dr. Millstein is a 1962 graduate of the Tufts University School of Dental Medicine, serves on the Dental Alumni Executive Council, is an Assistant Clinical Professor, the historian of the Massachusetts Dental Society, and a practicing endodontist in Cambridge, MA.
You can read the full article by stopping by the 4th floor of the library and picking up the Winter 2013 issue!
The Hirsh Health Sciences Library would like to congratulate the dental students on receiving their white coats this past Saturday!
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources staff statistics stress relief summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library Under10 website
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @CGrantWSJ: Middle-income households spend 9% of their budgets on health care, the largest share of any group https://t.co/C7W8Xf9Ix9 vi… 10:57:27 AM August 26, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NatGeo: "Food computers" could potentially allow scientists to grow crops in any environment—from Space to the desert https://t.co/VrNL… 08:57:08 AM August 26, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NPRHealth: Discounts Aren't Enough to Halt Outrage At High EpiPen Prices https://t.co/MlvtyvlHmg 03:33:58 PM August 25, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Changes to Pay-For-Print at Hirsh! | What's New @ HHSL https://t.co/2i9nDTN18v 12:22:11 PM August 25, 2016 from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Israeli scientists say they can block melanoma spread https://t.co/qldgdLoGmu via @MailOnline 09:24:45 AM August 25, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NYTScience: New study offers reassurance that genomic testing can identify breast cancer patients who *don't* need chemo https://t.co/k… 08:23:43 AM August 25, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook