Join us Wednesday, December 2nd at noon in SK516 for our second Sweet Talks @ Hirsh event! We’re excited to welcome Dean Nadeem Karimbux. Bring your lunch and enjoy hearing about Dean Karimbux’s career path, the choices he made along the way, how his field has changed during his career, and advice he has for the next generation of professionals that we are educating here at Tufts—all in a casual, conversational manner with time for a Q&A.
Coffee, tea, and dessert will be provided by the library!
Welcome back everybody!
As you settle in to classes, it’s time for the Tufts University School of Dental Medicine to get Back to BaSiCsss! We hope you had a restful break, but the Basic Science/Clinical Science Spiral Seminar Series is back and kicking into high gear already.
The Hirsh Health Sciences Library is offering a workshop just for D’16s, to help refresh your memories about what you learned about research and finding evidence in your Epidemiology course. We’re offering the class four times over the next few months, and we hope to see you all as you meet with your groups and prepare your research questions, parse your PICOs, and find your evidence!
Please register for a session by following the links below:
January 15, 2015 / noon – 1:00 pm / Sackler 510 http://tufts.libcal.com/event.php?id=890083
February 12, 2015 / noon – 1:00 pm / Sackler 510 http://tufts.libcal.com/event.php?id=890084
March 12, 2015 / noon – 1:00 pm / Sackler 510 http://tufts.libcal.com/event.php?id=890085
April 2, 2015 / noon – 1:00 pm / Sackler 510 http://tufts.libcal.com/event.php?id=890086
Space is limited, so be sure to register early. Bring your clinical case information with you so you can work on your research during the Workshop!
Check out the Dental Medicine portal on the library homepage.
We have picked out our 5 favorites, plus links to a whole lot more. Drug information, anatomy, board reviews… it’s all there.
Take a look and tell us what you think.
Dr. Charles B. Millstein, D62, recently wrote an article appearing in the Winter 2013 issue of the Journal of the Massachusetts Dental Society. The cover-story gives a historical overview of the many local impacts of the Gies Report, published in 1926 and reporting on a four-year survey of dental education in the United States and Canada. One of the impacts was the forming of the graduate teaching program at the University of Rochester, where six deans of Dental Medicine at Tufts earned their degrees.
Dr. Millstein is a 1962 graduate of the Tufts University School of Dental Medicine, serves on the Dental Alumni Executive Council, is an Assistant Clinical Professor, the historian of the Massachusetts Dental Society, and a practicing endodontist in Cambridge, MA.
You can read the full article by stopping by the 4th floor of the library and picking up the Winter 2013 issue!
The Hirsh Health Sciences Library would like to congratulate the dental students on receiving their white coats this past Saturday!
Tags4th floor 5th floor Ask Leo book review circulation copyright crafts databases dental eBooks electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics summer survey Thanksgiving Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website writing consultants
Follow Us on Twitter!
- That's it for Coffee on Call today! Don't forget to join us at 12pm tomorrow in Sackler 516 for coffee and cookies with Dean Karimbux! about 3 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Tired from work? Tweet us @TuftsHHSL #coffeeoncall for a perk! about 4 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Ready, set, go! You have until 4pm to claim your coffee. Don't forget to use #coffeeoncall about 5 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- 10 minutes until #coffeeoncall ! The first 7 people to tweet @TuftsHHSL will get a coffee or cocoa delivered to them in the library. about 5 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Groundbreaking knee surgery eases pain with fast recovery | Health - WCVB Home https://t.co/voRDS4AidS via @WCVB about 7 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @WHO: #WorldAIDSDay: Treat all people living with #HIV https://t.co/nyGGG1Dyu5 #WAD2015 https://t.co/OTsFB9mgnT about 9 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook