“National DNA Day is a unique day when students, teachers and the public can learn more about genetics and genomics! The day commemorates the completion of the Human Genome Project in April 2003, and the discovery of DNA’s double helix.” – National Human Genome Research Institute
Nova PBS has a collection of interesting web exhibits surrounding DNA and other genetically coded materials:
Anatomy of Photo 51– Explore Rosalind Franklin’s famous x-ray image, a key to understanding the double-helix structure of DNA.
Before Watson & Crick – How did scientists discover that DNA was the blueprint of life?
Picturing the Molecules of Life – Over the past 50 years, scientific images of DNA, ribosomes, and RNA have catalyzed our understanding of biology.
If you have a favorite molecule, you can view it on your favorite Apple device with a free app called Molecules. The program allows you to display the structure in different rendering styles, rotate and zoom. You can even add custom molecular structures!
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review books circulation copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan Leo library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop Open Workshops portals recipes resources staff statistics summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library website
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @NYTHealth: Hospitals around the country are coping with a critical shortage of sodium bicarbonate solution. Yes, baking soda. https://t… about 7 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @JMHNRCA: @sciam @JMHNRCA @TuftsNutrition Exercise has less of an effect on weight loss than we thought. https://t.co/y2Nb0znbvz https… 01:51:57 PM May 19, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Poll: Doctors Are Still Prescribing Lots Of Opioids For Low Back Pain https://t.co/8lyHB530vV 01:08:25 PM May 19, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- How a drug ad made its way into ‘General Hospital’ https://t.co/raJggJlTpg via @statnews 09:41:57 AM May 19, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @nprscience: Scientists Glued Fake Caterpillars On Plants Worldwide. Here's What Happened https://t.co/ZpP3e3ZCmV 03:36:33 PM May 18, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Can poppyseed oil help infertile couples conceive? https://t.co/DAvtVHEXJO via @statnews 03:11:02 PM May 18, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook