“National DNA Day is a unique day when students, teachers and the public can learn more about genetics and genomics! The day commemorates the completion of the Human Genome Project in April 2003, and the discovery of DNA’s double helix.” – National Human Genome Research Institute
Nova PBS has a collection of interesting web exhibits surrounding DNA and other genetically coded materials:
Anatomy of Photo 51– Explore Rosalind Franklin’s famous x-ray image, a key to understanding the double-helix structure of DNA.
Before Watson & Crick – How did scientists discover that DNA was the blueprint of life?
Picturing the Molecules of Life – Over the past 50 years, scientific images of DNA, ribosomes, and RNA have catalyzed our understanding of biology.
If you have a favorite molecule, you can view it on your favorite Apple device with a free app called Molecules. The program allows you to display the structure in different rendering styles, rotate and zoom. You can even add custom molecular structures!
Tags4th floor 5th floor 6th floor Ask Leo book review books circulation copyright databases eBooks electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours library service desk library staff lunch new books new resource open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics stress relief summer therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website writing consultants
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @TuftsMedicalCtr: Thank you #Ghostbusters stars @melissamccarthy, Kristen Wiig, Kate McKinnon and Leslie Jones for visiting today! http:… about 8 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @BostonGlobe: First IVF baby in US remembers Dr. Howard Jones, pioneering fertility doctor who died Friday http://t.co/tGrJ2vVubT about 11 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsDental: ICYMI: Cells from dental pulp could be used to treat macular degeneration. http://t.co/KupMfbBJDa #dental #research about 11 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Recipe for a Library | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/6r6yW0CI8N 11:58:57 AM July 31, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @JMHNRCA: HNRCA scientists found that low-calorie cranberry juice increased antioxidant capacity in 10 healthy older adults: http://t.co… 11:54:45 AM July 31, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsUniversity: ICYMI: Three Tufts alums were featured in @Forbes for their app, @CymbalFM: http://t.co/Ai8Xg62HCO 11:53:20 AM July 31, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook