“National DNA Day is a unique day when students, teachers and the public can learn more about genetics and genomics! The day commemorates the completion of the Human Genome Project in April 2003, and the discovery of DNA’s double helix.” – National Human Genome Research Institute
Nova PBS has a collection of interesting web exhibits surrounding DNA and other genetically coded materials:
Anatomy of Photo 51- Explore Rosalind Franklin’s famous x-ray image, a key to understanding the double-helix structure of DNA.
Before Watson & Crick - How did scientists discover that DNA was the blueprint of life?
Picturing the Molecules of Life - Over the past 50 years, scientific images of DNA, ribosomes, and RNA have catalyzed our understanding of biology.
If you have a favorite molecule, you can view it on your favorite Apple device with a free app called Molecules. The program allows you to display the structure in different rendering styles, rotate and zoom. You can even add custom molecular structures!
Tags4th floor Ask Leo book review book talk celebration circulation congratulations copyright databases dental electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food graduation graphs HHSL hhsl event Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch mobile apps new books open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics summer Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @TuftsDental: Can't wait to catch up with our #alums at the @YankeeDental Alumni Reception tonight! http://t.co/ml2UKeo2uz about 12 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsNutrition: Registration now open for Friedman's Future of Food and Nutrition student research conference: http://t.co/bU7SSyPiXA h… about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsAlert: On Wed Feb 4 there will be a test of @TuftsAlert. Visit http://t.co/egKA0uYv9h now to make sure your contact info is up to … about 5 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @USDAFoodSafety: Don’t let bacteria score at your #SuperBowl party! Use these tips to stay on the defense against foodborne illness: htt… 02:50:48 PM January 29, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Unfamiliar with our scanners? Check out the new Ask Leo! http://t.co/OIysJ4Zf9h 10:57:56 AM January 29, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- We're open today, so come to our Open Workshop! We do them every Thurs @ noon in SK510. Today's topic: PubMed. http://t.co/g4rXxLO160 10:15:40 AM January 29, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook