“National DNA Day is a unique day when students, teachers and the public can learn more about genetics and genomics! The day commemorates the completion of the Human Genome Project in April 2003, and the discovery of DNA’s double helix.” – National Human Genome Research Institute
Nova PBS has a collection of interesting web exhibits surrounding DNA and other genetically coded materials:
Anatomy of Photo 51- Explore Rosalind Franklin’s famous x-ray image, a key to understanding the double-helix structure of DNA.
Before Watson & Crick - How did scientists discover that DNA was the blueprint of life?
Picturing the Molecules of Life - Over the past 50 years, scientific images of DNA, ribosomes, and RNA have catalyzed our understanding of biology.
If you have a favorite molecule, you can view it on your favorite Apple device with a free app called Molecules. The program allows you to display the structure in different rendering styles, rotate and zoom. You can even add custom molecular structures!
Tags4th floor 5th floor african american history apps book review books book talk celebration circulation Clinical Key ClinicalKey congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources facebook feedback graduation HHSL hhsl event holidays homepage hours Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff match day medical school medicine new resource open access open workshop portals president's day PubMed resources social media staff technology TUSM twitter website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- TBBC event: A Career in Venture & BD without an MBA, with Dr. Sweeney, Tue, March 18, 5PM in Sackler 114W. For info: http://t.co/L71MWGrbtN. about 3 hours ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @nnlmpnr: New Drug Information subject guide. National Library of Medicine answers most frequently asked questions http://t.co/vIULYhthBb about 4 hours ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NIH_ORWH: .@theNCI scientist Dr. Elaine Jaffe on balancing career & life, p. 29 http://t.co/cU5WFXfaaL #WomensHistoryMonth http://t.c… about 4 hours ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- http://t.co/1zz6n3JuKp St. Paddy's Day fun on the way- vote Mon & help us win BotB! @TuftsDental @JMHNRCA @NutritionCerts 09:52:08 AM March 12, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsTech: Vaxess has been selected as ViE Award finalist for #silk based #vaccine stabilization technology: http://t.co/YdzgdAGm7j 09:51:37 AM March 12, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @scifri: Happy World Wide Web anniversary! http://t.co/rdbiJyYHY9 Submitted 25 years today: "Information Management: A Proposal." #vagu… 09:46:03 AM March 12, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook