“National DNA Day is a unique day when students, teachers and the public can learn more about genetics and genomics! The day commemorates the completion of the Human Genome Project in April 2003, and the discovery of DNA’s double helix.” – National Human Genome Research Institute
Nova PBS has a collection of interesting web exhibits surrounding DNA and other genetically coded materials:
Anatomy of Photo 51- Explore Rosalind Franklin’s famous x-ray image, a key to understanding the double-helix structure of DNA.
Before Watson & Crick - How did scientists discover that DNA was the blueprint of life?
Picturing the Molecules of Life - Over the past 50 years, scientific images of DNA, ribosomes, and RNA have catalyzed our understanding of biology.
If you have a favorite molecule, you can view it on your favorite Apple device with a free app called Molecules. The program allows you to display the structure in different rendering styles, rotate and zoom. You can even add custom molecular structures!
Tags4th floor 6th floor Ask Leo book review book talk celebration circulation congratulations copyright databases dental eBooks electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun lab HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours library service desk library staff lunch match day new books open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review staff stress relief summer therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month writing consultants
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @TuftsUniversity: Have a pollen allergy? Check out these tips from experts including @TuftsMedSchool Prof Weihong Zheng: http://t.co/niL… about 54 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- We've got new books! What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/DK2Drvn2wU about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NatGeo: What do you get when you cross a kangaroo, koala, sloth, monkey and bear? http://t.co/k3Q78Rugoi about 3 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NaturlLibrarian: 13 Beautifully Unusual Libraries From Around The World http://t.co/avzLq4876V via @HuffPostArts about 21 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The FindIt@Tufts icon has now been restored to PubMed. Happy researching! 10:52:20 AM May 04, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The FindIt@Tufts icon is temporarily absent from your PubMed search. If you need assistance obtaining an article please contact us. 10:30:44 AM May 04, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook