What is BrowZine?
The library is now sponsoring BrowZine, a new tablet application that allows you to browse, read and monitor many of the library’s scholarly journals. All in a format optimized for your iPad, Android, or Kindle Fire HD Tablets!
• Browse and read journals by subject
• Download full articles
• Create your own bookshelf
• Be notified when new articles are published (iOS only, Android coming)
• Save articles for off-line reading
• Export to services such as DropBox, Mendeley, RefWorks, Zotero, Papers and more.
To learn more, please take a look at this short two minute video: http://vimeo.com/75971786?autoplay=1
Download Now (Tablets & iOS v7.x+)
Getting started is easy! From your tablet, find BrowZine in the Apple App, Google Play or Amazon App store and download it for free. When initially launching BrowZine, select ‘Tufts University’ from the drop down list. Enter your Tufts username and password. Start exploring BrowZine! BrowZine is also available on iPhones running iOS7+, but is currently unavailable for Android and Windows phones.
We’ve replaced our PubMed holdings icons with FindIt@Tufts buttons in order to more accurately reflect holdings of the Tufts Libraries. The FindIt@Tufts button appears on most of the other databases licensed by Tufts, and now appears on PubMed’s Abstract Display. (Figures 1 & 2)
The FindIt link will attempt to link to the full text of an article directly or via a link to a publisher’s page. When FindIt@Tufts cannot link directly to the full text, it takes you to what is known as a resolver page. (Figure 3) This page provides links to our e-Journal providers, shows relevant information if Tufts has any print holdings of the items, allows you to search for the Tufts Catalog record and also links to our document-delivery service ILLiad, which can obtain PDFs of articles Tufts does not own.
Publisher icons often appear next to the FindIt@Tufts button. These icons MIGHT take users on the Tufts network directly to the full text, but if Tufts does not license that publisher, then it will ask you to pay for the article. For those on the Tufts Medical Center network and all computers off-campus, FindIt@Tufts provides the best avenue to the full text.
If you run across a journal that only provides a link to search the Tufts Catalog by ISSN or Title (Figure 4), but you know or believe the library has access to it, please notify us at email@example.com so we can investigate the linking failure. We apologize for the inconvenience of this transition.
Reminder: You must always log into PubMed from the Hirsh Health Sciences Library homepage if you are in Tufts Medical Center or Off-Campus. http://www.library.tufts.edu/hsl/ (Previous issues where PubMed was not asking you to log-in before use have been resolved.)
Tags4th floor african american history apps book review books book talk celebration circulation congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours facebook food graduation HHSL hhsl event holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch match day medical school mobile apps new books open access open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review social media staff technology TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Good lunch read by @WIRED "Yum, mold and proteobacteria! Scientists discovered a world of microbes on cheese rinds" http://t.co/twTVzMckHP about 30 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @USDAFoodSafety: Not sure if food is safe to eat after a #Sharkado? 'AskKaren' our database of common #FoodSafety questions can help: ht… about 3 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Need lunch under $10 in under 10 min? Check out Pita Kabob, this month's Under10 Lunch Spotlight | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/EzM2o0Ma36 about 4 hours ago from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Fun! RT @HealthyBoston Tomorrow 7-8PM FREE Salsa@ O'DayPlayground in #Southie Get fit w/@BostonParksDept http://t.co/aXRkGrqAcV #BostonMoves about 22 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @sciam: Why Can’t You Remember Being a Baby? http://t.co/xT9cdu33PU 02:51:53 PM July 30, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Congrats to the @TuftsDental Student National Dental Association! They won Small Chapter of the Year at the SNDA Convention in New Orleans! 11:49:55 AM July 30, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook