Weâ€™ve replaced our PubMed holdings icons with FindIt@Tufts buttons in order to more accurately reflect holdings of the Tufts Libraries. The FindIt@Tufts button appears on most of the other databases licensed by Tufts, and now appears on PubMedâ€™s Abstract Display. (Figures 1 & 2)
The FindIt link will attempt to link to the full text of an article directly or via a link to a publisherâ€™s page. Â When FindIt@Tufts cannot link directly to the full text, it takes you to what is known as a resolver page. (Figure 3) This page provides links to our e-Journal providers, shows relevant information if Tufts has any print holdings of the items, allows you to search for the Tufts Catalog record and also links to our document-delivery service ILLiad, which can obtain PDFs of articles Tufts does not own.
Publisher icons often appear next to the FindIt@Tufts button. These icons MIGHT take users on the Tufts network directly to the full text, but if Tufts does not license that publisher, then it will ask you to pay for the article. For those on the Tufts Medical Center network and all computers off-campus, FindIt@Tufts provides the best avenue to the full text.
If you run across a journal that only provides a link to search the Tufts Catalog by ISSN or Title (Figure 4), but you know or believe the library has access to it, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can investigate the linking failure.Â We apologize for the inconvenience of this transition.
Reminder: You must always log into PubMed from the Hirsh Health Sciences Library homepage if you are in Tufts Medical Center or Off-Campus. Â Â http://www.library.tufts.edu/hsl/Â (Previous issues where PubMed was not asking you to log-in before use have been resolved.)
Tags4th floor 5th floor african american history alumni apps book review books book talk celebration circulation ClinicalKey Clinical Key congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources facebook feedback graduation HHSL holidays homepage hours library service desk library staff match day medical school medicine new resource open access portals president's day publication PubMed resources social media staff technology toolkits TUSM twitter website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- If you have any problems, make sure to come over to the desk on the 4th floor. We'll be here all day to give you a hand. about 15 hours ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Printing seems to mostly be working again! The printers all have paper, all jams are cleared, and nothing's on fire. about 15 hours ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Printing's kind of spotty at the moment, so please bear with us as we get it up and running properly again. about 15 hours ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- In case you were wondering: no, we have not ruled out the possibility of printer ghosts. 08:07:12 PM March 06, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Printing's back! 07:54:14 PM March 06, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The printing is down again. We're sorry for the inconvenience. Hopefully it will be back up again soon. 07:48:38 PM March 06, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook