What is BrowZine?
The library is now sponsoring BrowZine, a new tablet application that allows you to browse, read and monitor many of the library’s scholarly journals. All in a format optimized for your iPad, Android, or Kindle Fire HD Tablets!
• Browse and read journals by subject
• Download full articles
• Create your own bookshelf
• Be notified when new articles are published (iOS only, Android coming)
• Save articles for off-line reading
• Export to services such as DropBox, Mendeley, RefWorks, Zotero, Papers and more.
To learn more, please take a look at this short two minute video: http://vimeo.com/75971786?autoplay=1
Download Now (Tablets & iOS v7.x+)
Getting started is easy! From your tablet, find BrowZine in the Apple App, Google Play or Amazon App store and download it for free. When initially launching BrowZine, select ‘Tufts University’ from the drop down list. Enter your Tufts username and password. Start exploring BrowZine! BrowZine is also available on iPhones running iOS7+, but is currently unavailable for Android and Windows phones.
We’ve replaced our PubMed holdings icons with FindIt@Tufts buttons in order to more accurately reflect holdings of the Tufts Libraries. The FindIt@Tufts button appears on most of the other databases licensed by Tufts, and now appears on PubMed’s Abstract Display. (Figures 1 & 2)
The FindIt link will attempt to link to the full text of an article directly or via a link to a publisher’s page. When FindIt@Tufts cannot link directly to the full text, it takes you to what is known as a resolver page. (Figure 3) This page provides links to our e-Journal providers, shows relevant information if Tufts has any print holdings of the items, allows you to search for the Tufts Catalog record and also links to our document-delivery service ILLiad, which can obtain PDFs of articles Tufts does not own.
Publisher icons often appear next to the FindIt@Tufts button. These icons MIGHT take users on the Tufts network directly to the full text, but if Tufts does not license that publisher, then it will ask you to pay for the article. For those on the Tufts Medical Center network and all computers off-campus, FindIt@Tufts provides the best avenue to the full text.
If you run across a journal that only provides a link to search the Tufts Catalog by ISSN or Title (Figure 4), but you know or believe the library has access to it, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can investigate the linking failure. We apologize for the inconvenience of this transition.
Reminder: You must always log into PubMed from the Hirsh Health Sciences Library homepage if you are in Tufts Medical Center or Off-Campus. http://www.library.tufts.edu/hsl/ (Previous issues where PubMed was not asking you to log-in before use have been resolved.)
Tags4th floor 6th floor Ask Leo book review book talk celebration circulation congratulations copyright databases dental eBooks electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch match day new books open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review staff summer Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @DrAnnakaisa: How can #medicalstudents manage stress & avoid burnout? http://t.co/NlnGwXPDXB Discussion at #NEJMForum #meded #burnout MT… about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @sweetfoodie: RT if you’re joining my #nutritionmonth twitter party (+prizes!) tomorrow at 11am PST! #rdchat #healthyliving http://t.co/… about 16 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NatGeo: Caption this image by Yasha Shantha—and don't miss last week's winning captions: http://t.co/qCRtvhHjbt http://t.co/dHJG3cGLhZ about 19 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @nytimeshealth: Well: Endometriosis Is Often Ignored in Teenage Girls http://t.co/QatcjaTaU7 about 19 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @tuftsctsi: Sign up now for tomorrow's #SurveyDesign seminar/webcast by @TuftsMedSchool's Susan Koch-Weser http://t.co/tYxy05U83S http:/… about 19 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Peer review fraud! | Major publisher retracts 43 scientific papers amid wider fake peer-review scandal http://t.co/w7aNobHKzt about 23 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook