Weâ€™ve replaced our PubMed holdings icons with FindIt@Tufts buttons in order to more accurately reflect holdings of the Tufts Libraries. The FindIt@Tufts button appears on most of the other databases licensed by Tufts, and now appears on PubMedâ€™s Abstract Display. (Figures 1 & 2)
The FindIt link will attempt to link to the full text of an article directly or via a link to a publisherâ€™s page. Â When FindIt@Tufts cannot link directly to the full text, it takes you to what is known as a resolver page. (Figure 3) This page provides links to our e-Journal providers, shows relevant information if Tufts has any print holdings of the items, allows you to search for the Tufts Catalog record and also links to our document-delivery service ILLiad, which can obtain PDFs of articles Tufts does not own.
Publisher icons often appear next to the FindIt@Tufts button. These icons MIGHT take users on the Tufts network directly to the full text, but if Tufts does not license that publisher, then it will ask you to pay for the article. For those on the Tufts Medical Center network and all computers off-campus, FindIt@Tufts provides the best avenue to the full text.
If you run across a journal that only provides a link to search the Tufts Catalog by ISSN or Title (Figure 4), but you know or believe the library has access to it, please notify us at email@example.com so we can investigate the linking failure.Â We apologize for the inconvenience of this transition.
Reminder: You must always log into PubMed from the Hirsh Health Sciences Library homepage if you are in Tufts Medical Center or Off-Campus. Â Â http://www.library.tufts.edu/hsl/Â (Previous issues where PubMed was not asking you to log-in before use have been resolved.)
Tags4th floor 5th floor african american history apps book review books book talk celebration ClinicalKey Clinical Key congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources facebook feedback graduation HHSL hhsl event holidays homepage hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff match day medical school medicine new resource open access open workshop portals president's day recipes resources social media staff technology TUSM twitter website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @USDANutrition: Curious about the nutrients in favorite recipes? SuperTrackerâ€™s My Recipe feature shows how to create healthier meals htâ€¦ about 18 hours ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Feeling Stressed? Then Meet Some Pets this Thursday Afternoon from 3:30-5pm in Sackler 507! http://t.co/Vtv7kRG2RX about 23 hours ago from bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Interesting...and pretty gross RT @NPRHealth Dirty Money: A Microbial Jungle Thrives In Your Wallet http://t.co/toAneMuy6j about 23 hours ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Speaking of bikes... RT @TuftsUniversity Faculty, students to bike 100 miles around campuses: http://t.co/5FrWhwd74O via @TuftsDaily 03:23:18 PM April 22, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @tuftsctsi: Dr. Blanton of @TuftsMedSchool says nowhere in medical training are you taught how to come up with scientific project's budgâ€¦ 12:55:30 PM April 22, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- No need to wait at the pharmacy for this Rx! New program lets #BMC doctors #prescribeabike to help fight obesity http://t.co/y2XNR1ukPE 10:45:56 AM April 22, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook