Are you new to the world of scientific publishing? Want to garner some advice on getting your work published? Join HHSL, OEA Faculty Development, and top journal publishers and editors for:
A panel of experts from Springer, Oxford, New England Journal of Medicine, and Elsevier will offer industry insight and answer your burning questions. This program is geared toward faculty, housestaff, and post-docs green to the world of scientific publishing.
The event will include a moderated panel and Q&A session, followed by lunch and informal discussion. For registration and the full schedule, please visit http://bit.ly/AdviceFromTheExperts .
In this TUSM faculty development program, walk through the decision making process for several real-life scenarios encountered by authors and instructors when using their own work and the works of others in publishing and teaching. Following an overview of key concepts and terms, participants will utilize case studies to address common copyright questions that arise when uploading content in course management systems (e.g., TUSK), publishing manuscripts, sharing materials with colleagues, utilizing multimedia, and more. A handout of resources will provide participants with a guide for how to approach these situations post-workshop and where to go for assistance (hint: come to the library!).
Join us for this library-led workshop on Tuesday, March 11, 2014, 10 am – noon in Sackler 329. For more information, check out the Faculty Development Calendar and please RSVP to Amanda.Oriel@tufts.edu by Monday, March 3.
Tags4th floor 5th floor Ask Leo book review circulation copyright databases eBooks electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books new resource open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics stress relief summer therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website writing consultants
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @usfoodpolicy: U.S. Food Policy: USDA and DHHS decide not to include sustainability in 2015 DGA... #dietaryguidelines http://t.co/RQ45oa… about 17 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @JMHNRCA: A connection between dental pulp and vision loss? Innovative vision research @TuftsDental and @JMHNRCA team uphttp://ow.ly/T51… about 17 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Answering an Appeal by Mao Led Tu Youyou, a Chinese Scientist, to a Nobel Prize http://t.co/WQFJOp4GdK about 20 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Health Benefits of Tea? Here’s What the Evidence Says http://t.co/4fVhorLSCI via @UpshotNYT 11:54:09 AM October 05, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- A Shifting Approach to Saving Endangered Species http://t.co/73aXTvyQkx 11:51:48 AM October 05, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @Reuters_Health: Beating parasites wins three scientists Nobel prize for medicine: http://t.co/r6EXbAWaPf http://t.co/N0rrlpflgT 11:48:25 AM October 05, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook