Are you new to the world of scientific publishing? Want to garner some advice on getting your work published? Join HHSL, OEA Faculty Development, and top journal publishers and editors for:
A panel of experts from Springer, Oxford, New England Journal of Medicine, and Elsevier will offer industry insight and answer your burning questions. This program is geared toward faculty, housestaff, and post-docs green to the world of scientific publishing.
The event will include a moderated panel and Q&A session, followed by lunch and informal discussion. For registration and the full schedule, please visit http://bit.ly/AdviceFromTheExperts .
In this TUSM faculty development program, walk through the decision making process for several real-life scenarios encountered by authors and instructors when using their own work and the works of others in publishing and teaching. Following an overview of key concepts and terms, participants will utilize case studies to address common copyright questions that arise when uploading content in course management systems (e.g., TUSK), publishing manuscripts, sharing materials with colleagues, utilizing multimedia, and more. A handout of resources will provide participants with a guide for how to approach these situations post-workshop and where to go for assistance (hint: come to the library!).
Join us for this library-led workshop on Tuesday, March 11, 2014, 10 am – noon in Sackler 329. For more information, check out the Faculty Development Calendar and please RSVP to Amanda.Oriel@tufts.edu by Monday, March 3.
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources staff statistics stress relief summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library Under10 website
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @NPRHealth: Test Of Experimental Alzheimer's Drug Finds Progress Against Brain Plaques https://t.co/Wl9DMl1hpk about 5 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Library Open Workshops are back! | What's New @ HHSL https://t.co/IagNKVh1sY 11:13:39 AM August 30, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsAlumni: .@TuftsNutrition alum Martelle Esposito makes healthy food as appealing as junk food. https://t.co/rYXlClsMdL https://t.co… 09:42:16 AM August 30, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Room for Debate: Are Medical Websites, Like WebMD, Healthful? https://t.co/lT6wX4og5z 01:14:51 PM August 29, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Room for Debate: With Medical Websites, a Cough Is No Longer Just a Cough https://t.co/tAWYD1WauG 01:14:38 PM August 29, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @WHO: Birth in a time of #AntibioticResistance https://t.co/hS5ZXJH0V4 https://t.co/2l2IPjbQnI 12:57:52 PM August 29, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook