Are you new to the world of scientific publishing? Want to garner some advice on getting your work published? Join HHSL, OEA Faculty Development, and top journal publishers and editors for:
A panel of experts from Springer, Oxford, New England Journal of Medicine, and Elsevier will offer industry insight and answer your burning questions. This program is geared toward faculty, housestaff, and post-docs green to the world of scientific publishing.
The event will include a moderated panel and Q&A session, followed by lunch and informal discussion. For registration and the full schedule, please visit http://bit.ly/AdviceFromTheExperts .
In this TUSM faculty development program, walk through the decision making process for several real-life scenarios encountered by authors and instructors when using their own work and the works of others in publishing and teaching. Following an overview of key concepts and terms, participants will utilize case studies to address common copyright questions that arise when uploading content in course management systems (e.g., TUSK), publishing manuscripts, sharing materials with colleagues, utilizing multimedia, and more. A handout of resources will provide participants with a guide for how to approach these situations post-workshop and where to go for assistance (hint: come to the library!).
Join us for this library-led workshop on Tuesday, March 11, 2014, 10 am – noon in Sackler 329. For more information, check out the Faculty Development Calendar and please RSVP to Amanda.Oriel@tufts.edu by Monday, March 3.
Tags4th floor Ask Leo book review book talk celebration circulation congratulations copyright databases electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours facebook food graduation graphs HHSL hhsl event Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch mobile apps new books open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics summer Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @TuftsMedicalCtr: Tufts MC helps two generations survive hereditary life-threatening kidney disease http://t.co/sgAsqtey8K #LoveTuftsMC about 5 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TheAtlantic: Some simple steps for choosing the right cold medicine http://t.co/3fuqPZOuO5 http://t.co/B7PheanSu3 about 7 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @bmj_latest: A cheap alternative way to amplify music on a smartphone during surgery #XmasBMJ http://t.co/LaZNxMyOn8 http://t.co/6sfn6WR… about 11 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Just delivered a cup of coffee to a busy student! Are you the next student? Only if you tweet #coffeeoncall in the next 10 minutes... 03:51:33 PM December 18, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @sleezyslee You're welcome! 03:50:09 PM December 18, 2014 from Twitter Web Client in reply to sleezyslee ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @sleezyslee: @TuftsHHSL ya'll are legit. Ty! 03:49:34 PM December 18, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook