Are you new to the world of scientific publishing? Want to garner some advice on getting your work published? Join HHSL, OEA Faculty Development, and top journal publishers and editors for:
A panel of experts from Springer, Oxford, New England Journal of Medicine, and Elsevier will offer industry insight and answer your burning questions. This program is geared toward faculty, housestaff, and post-docs green to the world of scientific publishing.
The event will include a moderated panel and Q&A session, followed by lunch and informal discussion. For registration and the full schedule, please visit http://bit.ly/AdviceFromTheExperts .
In this TUSM faculty development program, walk through the decision making process for several real-life scenarios encountered by authors and instructors when using their own work and the works of others in publishing and teaching. Following an overview of key concepts and terms, participants will utilize case studies to address common copyright questions that arise when uploading content in course management systems (e.g., TUSK), publishing manuscripts, sharing materials with colleagues, utilizing multimedia, and more. A handout of resources will provide participants with a guide for how to approach these situations post-workshop and where to go for assistance (hint: come to the library!).
Join us for this library-led workshop on Tuesday, March 11, 2014, 10 am – noon in Sackler 329. For more information, check out the Faculty Development Calendar and please RSVP to Amanda.Oriel@tufts.edu by Monday, March 3.
Tags4th floor 6th floor Ask Leo book review book talk celebration circulation congratulations copyright databases dental electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun lab graduation HHSL hhsl event Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics summer Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @nlm_news: Smoked for years? This NIHSeniorHealth graphic shows how quickly your health improves once you quit: http://t.co/5esbB8YcYF about 8 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @tuftsctsi: Hitting a road block in your study or #clinicaltrial? @TuftsCTSI now offers help with #Research #ProcessImprovement: http://… about 9 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @nytimeshealth: What's wrong with this woman who gets thinner and thinner after a simple cold? http://t.co/B7tmC6Ty8D 03:55:08 PM March 05, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The Boston Massacre | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/Nkc1wGg7Gz 01:19:22 PM March 05, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Happy #WorldBookDay! http://t.co/ECdHhrT31g 12:10:41 PM March 05, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsStdntServ: Looking for some free fun activities in Boston this March? Here are some great ideas: http://t.co/dGcV3jjuCs 10:12:23 AM March 05, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook