The Hirsh Health Sciences Library is in the process of re-designing our new website: http://beta.hirshlibrary.tufts.edu.
We really want to make sure that the new site is user-friendly. So, we’re seeking Tufts University students, faculty, and staff (including Tufts Medical Center staff) who can help us out with this.
No prior experience is needed! You’ll be asked to carry out specific tasks on the new website and then you will receive $10 in JumboCash (pretty good deal!). The testing takes approximately 45 minutes and we are flexible in terms of scheduling.
If you’re interested, please contact Berika Williams at email@example.com.
That’s right- your favorite Tufts library is now on Instagram! We want to see how you study (or not) at the library, and want to hear from you what you’d like to see on our account.
Follow us at tuftshhsl, and be sure to tag your photos with:
- #hhslstudybreak or
What do you think? What kinds of photos would you like to see from the library? Any great ideas on how we can encourage you to interact with our new account? Let us know via email or in the comments!
As you may have noticed, the HHSL homepage has had a makeover! Aside from being more bright and cheerful, the page has some new features and a modified layout. The following is a brief overview of the changes – we’ll highlight some of the new features in more detail throughout the coming weeks, so be sure to check back.
- The chat box is replaced with an Ask Us button in the header of the page. Click this to be taken to a page with all the ways to contact the library!
- The images across the top of the page link to portals, which act as a “getting started” point for broad categories of interest to the Tufts Boston campus.
- The orange bar in the middle of the page highlights our list of links to the most popular library resources.
- Our navigation bar now highlights links to our social media accounts. Be sure to follow us!
- The hours and library newsfeed are now more prominent in the right column.
How do you like the new look? Questions? Let us know what you think! (We are especially interested in hearing from Internet Explorer users, since we are aware that tweaks need to be made – feedback helps us troubleshoot more accurately and quickly.)
Tags4th floor 5th floor Ask Leo book review circulation copyright crafts databases dental eBooks electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics summer survey Thanksgiving Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website writing consultants
Follow Us on Twitter!
- New database from @AHRQNews tracks hospital readmission rates. Learn more: https://t.co/SvHM9VfdtV 09:47:52 AM November 25, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Happy Thanksgiving from Hirsh! | What's New @ HHSL https://t.co/z8tyCEoiYf 03:41:04 PM November 24, 2015 from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsMedSchool: Alicia Romano shares her expertise in list of the 50 (new) healthiest foods of all time – with recipes! https://t.co/HE… 02:20:41 PM November 24, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @Dmozaffarian: Excellent, objective dissection of the evidence and controversies over dietary fats: https://t.co/8UXYujLHij @voxdotcom 11:44:05 AM November 24, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- For years, the government told Americans to avoid fat. That was wrong. https://t.co/DUXrS5K26E via @voxdotcom 09:02:40 AM November 24, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsDental: Just a reminder that the dental school and clinics will be closed Thursday, Nov. 26 and Friday, Nov. 27 to celebrate Thank… 03:32:22 PM November 23, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook