We’ve replaced our PubMed holdings icons with FindIt@Tufts buttons in order to more accurately reflect holdings of the Tufts Libraries. The FindIt@Tufts button appears on most of the other databases licensed by Tufts, and now appears on PubMed’s Abstract Display. (Figures 1 & 2)
The FindIt link will attempt to link to the full text of an article directly or via a link to a publisher’s page. When FindIt@Tufts cannot link directly to the full text, it takes you to what is known as a resolver page. (Figure 3) This page provides links to our e-Journal providers, shows relevant information if Tufts has any print holdings of the items, allows you to search for the Tufts Catalog record and also links to our document-delivery service ILLiad, which can obtain PDFs of articles Tufts does not own.
Publisher icons often appear next to the FindIt@Tufts button. These icons MIGHT take users on the Tufts network directly to the full text, but if Tufts does not license that publisher, then it will ask you to pay for the article. For those on the Tufts Medical Center network and all computers off-campus, FindIt@Tufts provides the best avenue to the full text.
If you run across a journal that only provides a link to search the Tufts Catalog by ISSN or Title (Figure 4), but you know or believe the library has access to it, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can investigate the linking failure. We apologize for the inconvenience of this transition.
Reminder: You must always log into PubMed from the Hirsh Health Sciences Library homepage if you are in Tufts Medical Center or Off-Campus. http://www.library.tufts.edu/hsl/ (Previous issues where PubMed was not asking you to log-in before use have been resolved.)
Tags4th floor 5th floor Ask Leo book review circulation crafts data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics summer Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website writing consultants
Follow Us on Twitter!
- A *little* obsessed with the NH Primary Yak that keeps popping up in the @wgbhnews feed. https://t.co/cao0647VlW about 56 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Via @NPR: Scientists Discover A Second Bacterium That Causes Lyme Disease https://t.co/f3eeHqJulU about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsUniversity: Former Engineering Dean Linda Abriola to be Director of Tufts Institute of the Environment: https://t.co/LFyQbM69aT ht… about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Happy Lunar New Year 恭贺新禧 | What's New @ HHSL https://t.co/Wp9v1Sy3bW about 20 hours ago from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsUniversity: Tufts University will remain open today. More details: https://t.co/8EAZZfmmp9 about 20 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsNutrition: Read more about #Chinatown celebrations and the rich cultural heritage of our neighbors: https://t.co/SEZdQpNLGO https:… about 22 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook