Weâ€™ve replaced our PubMed holdings icons with FindIt@Tufts buttons in order to more accurately reflect holdings of the Tufts Libraries. The FindIt@Tufts button appears on most of the other databases licensed by Tufts, and now appears on PubMedâ€™s Abstract Display. (Figures 1 & 2)
The FindIt link will attempt to link to the full text of an article directly or via a link to a publisherâ€™s page. Â When FindIt@Tufts cannot link directly to the full text, it takes you to what is known as a resolver page. (Figure 3) This page provides links to our e-Journal providers, shows relevant information if Tufts has any print holdings of the items, allows you to search for the Tufts Catalog record and also links to our document-delivery service ILLiad, which can obtain PDFs of articles Tufts does not own.
Publisher icons often appear next to the FindIt@Tufts button. These icons MIGHT take users on the Tufts network directly to the full text, but if Tufts does not license that publisher, then it will ask you to pay for the article. For those on the Tufts Medical Center network and all computers off-campus, FindIt@Tufts provides the best avenue to the full text.
If you run across a journal that only provides a link to search the Tufts Catalog by ISSN or Title (Figure 4), but you know or believe the library has access to it, please notify us at email@example.com so we can investigate the linking failure.Â We apologize for the inconvenience of this transition.
Reminder: You must always log into PubMed from the Hirsh Health Sciences Library homepage if you are in Tufts Medical Center or Off-Campus. Â Â http://www.library.tufts.edu/hsl/Â (Previous issues where PubMed was not asking you to log-in before use have been resolved.)
Tags4th floor 5th floor african american history apps book review books book talk celebration ClinicalKey Clinical Key congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources facebook feedback graduation HHSL hhsl event holidays homepage hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff match day medical school medicine new resource open access open workshop portals president's day recipes resources social media staff technology TUSM twitter website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @theNCI: The Team Science Toolkit has more than 800 resources to enhance team-based research. Check it out! http://t.co/U6STjytFIj about 3 hours ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsMedicalCtr: RT @USNewsHealth: Don't worry, be happy! @jeffhalevy explains how to kill #stress with kindness: http://t.co/REpVZJeiYR about 3 hours ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TEDTalks: "Diets may seem harmless, but they actually do a lot of collateral damage." Here's why: http://t.co/4edQHQ2to0 about 3 hours ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @sciam: Morning Light Exposure Tied To Lower Weight http://t.co/XtUv44rYee about 3 hours ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Have a Great Long Weekend! | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/9FF4Tz0PfH about 6 hours ago from bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @GlobalEcoGuy: Looking forward to being on @scifri this week with @iraflatow, talking about feeding the world and climate change, 12:14:53 PM April 17, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook