We’ve replaced our PubMed holdings icons with FindIt@Tufts buttons in order to more accurately reflect holdings of the Tufts Libraries. The FindIt@Tufts button appears on most of the other databases licensed by Tufts, and now appears on PubMed’s Abstract Display. (Figures 1 & 2)
The FindIt link will attempt to link to the full text of an article directly or via a link to a publisher’s page. When FindIt@Tufts cannot link directly to the full text, it takes you to what is known as a resolver page. (Figure 3) This page provides links to our e-Journal providers, shows relevant information if Tufts has any print holdings of the items, allows you to search for the Tufts Catalog record and also links to our document-delivery service ILLiad, which can obtain PDFs of articles Tufts does not own.
Publisher icons often appear next to the FindIt@Tufts button. These icons MIGHT take users on the Tufts network directly to the full text, but if Tufts does not license that publisher, then it will ask you to pay for the article. For those on the Tufts Medical Center network and all computers off-campus, FindIt@Tufts provides the best avenue to the full text.
If you run across a journal that only provides a link to search the Tufts Catalog by ISSN or Title (Figure 4), but you know or believe the library has access to it, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can investigate the linking failure. We apologize for the inconvenience of this transition.
Reminder: You must always log into PubMed from the Hirsh Health Sciences Library homepage if you are in Tufts Medical Center or Off-Campus. http://www.library.tufts.edu/hsl/ (Previous issues where PubMed was not asking you to log-in before use have been resolved.)
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan Leo library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop Open Workshops portals recipes resources staff statistics summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library website welcome!
Follow Us on Twitter!
- @_ebuwa We don't have it here at HHSL but it looks like @GinnLibrary has it on reserve. You can also request items we don't own thru ILLiad. 02:56:57 PM February 17, 2017 from Twitter Web Client in reply to _ebuwa ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Writing Consultants appointments are now available for March! More information and registration here: https://t.co/qJfhiWucN2 02:43:58 PM February 17, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Join us for a hands-on Ingenuity Pathway Analysis training session on Tues 2/21 from 9-12 in SK507. More info here: https://t.co/tHL01j5RND 04:22:44 PM February 16, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @SeanBCash: Submit now! Call for abstract, Future of Food and Nutrition student research conf @TuftsNutrition EXTENDED to Feb 17 https:/… 02:13:01 PM February 16, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- We have shortened hours on Monday 2/20! | What's New @ HHSL https://t.co/z8MN9GIxWh 11:56:02 AM February 16, 2017 from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Why one food executive is pledging $25 million to fight his own industry https://t.co/0kS90nInWW 11:41:18 AM February 16, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook