To quote an old Sesame Street song, “Everybody eats.” Consequently, just about every discipline within the health sciences has a stake in food and nutrition! It is for this very reason that the Hirsh Health Sciences Library has created the nutrition portal.
The nutrition portal will introduce you to key resources related to food and nutrition. These resources have been selected, not only for people who are specifically engaged in the study of nutrition, but also for those seeking nutrition-related information for application in their own field of study.
Looking for resources that provide a global perspective on issues related to food and nutrition? Check out the “Global” tab, which features resource created by the Food & Agriculture Organization (FAO) and USAID. Want to know which parts of the USA have limited access to healthy food? Take a look at the USDA’s “Food Environment Atlas,” which is featured on the “United States” tab.
The nutrition portal will also point you towards policy resources, article databases (including PubMed@Tufts and Web of Knowledge), and guides on research writing and using the Hirsh Health Sciences Library.
Have you explored the nutrition portal? Is something missing? Let us know what you think by giving us an email or call!
Tags4th floor african american history book review books book talk celebration circulation congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours facebook food graduation HHSL hhsl event Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch match day medical school mobile apps new books open access open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review social media staff summer TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @bmj_latest: Computer games are being designed as healthcare tools because of their power to engage, motivate, and inspire.... http://t.… about 6 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NBCNewsHealth: How Can Diet Sodas Make You Fat? Study May Explain It http://t.co/acH66X9EKj about 7 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Join us tomorrow at noon for an HHSL Open Workshop! Click to register for "Citation Management Tools: An Overview" http://t.co/plQHl6MqJn about 10 hours ago from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NPRHealth: Top Scientists Suggest A Few Fixes For Medical Funding Crisis http://t.co/rh8zmatXzm about 13 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @nytimesscience: Books: When art becomes entangled in nature http://t.co/EUS4k65Rr4 04:35:31 PM September 16, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @nytimesscience: What's been gained from years and millions of $$ in stem cell research? @kweintraub reports: http://t.co/SbvFEv6nNX 03:02:19 PM September 16, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook