To quote an old Sesame Street song, “Everybody eats.” Consequently, just about every discipline within the health sciences has a stake in food and nutrition! It is for this very reason that the Hirsh Health Sciences Library has created the nutrition portal.
The nutrition portal will introduce you to key resources related to food and nutrition. These resources have been selected, not only for people who are specifically engaged in the study of nutrition, but also for those seeking nutrition-related information for application in their own field of study.
Looking for resources that provide a global perspective on issues related to food and nutrition? Check out the “Global” tab, which features resource created by the Food & Agriculture Organization (FAO) and USAID. Want to know which parts of the USA have limited access to healthy food? Take a look at the USDA’s “Food Environment Atlas,” which is featured on the “United States” tab.
The nutrition portal will also point you towards policy resources, article databases (including PubMed@Tufts and Web of Knowledge), and guides on research writing and using the Hirsh Health Sciences Library.
Have you explored the nutrition portal? Is something missing? Let us know what you think by giving us an email or call!
Tags4th floor 6th floor african american history book review book talk celebration circulation congratulations copyright databases electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours facebook food graduation HHSL hhsl event Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch mobile apps new books open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review social media staff summer Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @DailyScan: Eeek! RT @NewsfromScience: Happy #Halloween! Check out 7 of the creepiest science experiments http://t.co/VMoFEGZ9pm http://… about 55 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @dcatufts: Happy Halloween #tufts! Skeleton inspiration from 1910. http://t.co/ZFj2BnCP13 about 2 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsNutrition: The debate continues over a revised #FDA #nutritionlabel via @WashingtonPost: http://t.co/VHKxixVQnM #addedsugar #nutri… about 2 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Happy Halloween from HHSL! | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/yGiPyFeJZz about 3 hours ago from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @GreenTufts: Frightfully clever! @hubbubUK creates Pumpkin Rescue Project to reduce food waste: http://t.co/nH42Qw1tQW about 4 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @nprscience: Parasite Turns Bees Into Zombie-Like Creatures http://t.co/7KdGPBE5hE about 4 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook