To quote an old Sesame Street song, “Everybody eats.” Consequently, just about every discipline within the health sciences has a stake in food and nutrition! It is for this very reason that the Hirsh Health Sciences Library has created the nutrition portal.
The nutrition portal will introduce you to key resources related to food and nutrition. These resources have been selected, not only for people who are specifically engaged in the study of nutrition, but also for those seeking nutrition-related information for application in their own field of study.
Looking for resources that provide a global perspective on issues related to food and nutrition? Check out the “Global” tab, which features resource created by the Food & Agriculture Organization (FAO) and USAID. Want to know which parts of the USA have limited access to healthy food? Take a look at the USDA’s “Food Environment Atlas,” which is featured on the “United States” tab.
The nutrition portal will also point you towards policy resources, article databases (including PubMed@Tufts and Web of Knowledge), and guides on research writing and using the Hirsh Health Sciences Library.
Have you explored the nutrition portal? Is something missing? Let us know what you think by giving us an email or call!
Tags4th floor 5th floor 6th floor Ask Leo book review books circulation copyright databases eBooks electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours library service desk library staff lunch new books new resource open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics stress relief summer therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website writing consultants
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Recipe for a Library | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/6r6yW0CI8N about 12 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @JMHNRCA: HNRCA scientists found that low-calorie cranberry juice increased antioxidant capacity in 10 healthy older adults: http://t.co… about 12 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsUniversity: ICYMI: Three Tufts alums were featured in @Forbes for their app, @CymbalFM: http://t.co/Ai8Xg62HCO about 12 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Welcome @TuftsDental Class of 2019! We're looking forward to meeting you all! 11:26:52 AM July 30, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @theNCI: Does someone who inherits a cancer-predisposing mutation always get cancer? No, and here's why: http://t.co/zK2G07tiwX 11:16:29 AM July 30, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NPR: How the stethoscope sparked a culture of listening http://t.co/1LyEKVw1dQ @christophjoyce @NPRHealth http://t.co/aLlSqbdzjN 08:49:02 AM July 30, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook