To quote an old Sesame Street song, “Everybody eats.” Consequently, just about every discipline within the health sciences has a stake in food and nutrition! It is for this very reason that the Hirsh Health Sciences Library has created the nutrition portal.
The nutrition portal will introduce you to key resources related to food and nutrition. These resources have been selected, not only for people who are specifically engaged in the study of nutrition, but also for those seeking nutrition-related information for application in their own field of study.
Looking for resources that provide a global perspective on issues related to food and nutrition? Check out the “Global” tab, which features resource created by the Food & Agriculture Organization (FAO) and USAID. Want to know which parts of the USA have limited access to healthy food? Take a look at the USDA’s “Food Environment Atlas,” which is featured on the “United States” tab.
The nutrition portal will also point you towards policy resources, article databases (including PubMed@Tufts and Web of Knowledge), and guides on research writing and using the Hirsh Health Sciences Library.
Have you explored the nutrition portal? Is something missing? Let us know what you think by giving us an email or call!
Tags4th floor 6th floor Ask Leo book review circulation copyright databases eBooks electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books new resource open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics stress relief summer therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website writing consultants
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Psychology Is Not in Crisis http://t.co/EOffFh8zMr about 11 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @wgbh: Watch two talks from the great writer and neurologist #OliverSacks, presented by the @ForumNetwork: http://t.co/lHE35t8RX1 02:03:40 PM August 31, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @ginakolata: Cholesterol dilemma with new drugs. http://t.co/Fr1JNJ3O18 01:21:58 PM August 31, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Summer of Science | How Often Is B.M.I. Misleading? | http://t.co/trLSbOgEbG http://t.co/zfWBKOiMOp 09:32:45 AM August 31, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Remembering Dr. Oliver Sacks: Via @NPR: Oliver Sacks Was A Boundless Explorer Of The Human Brain http://t.co/G0LvTiVtmp 08:49:18 AM August 31, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Many Psychology Findings Not as Strong as Claimed, Study Says http://t.co/eKoSaKazmn 09:10:00 AM August 28, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook