To quote an old Sesame Street song, â€śEverybody eats.â€ť Consequently, just about every discipline within the health sciences has a stake in food and nutrition! It is for this very reason that the Hirsh Health Sciences Library has created the nutrition portal.
The nutrition portal will introduce you to key resources related to food and nutrition. These resources have been selected, not only for people who are specifically engaged in the study of nutrition, but also for those seeking nutrition-related information for application in their own field of study.
Looking for resources that provide a global perspective on issues related to food and nutrition? Check out the â€śGlobalâ€ť tab, which features resource created by the Food & Agriculture Organization (FAO) and USAID.Â Want to know which parts of the USA have limited access to healthy food?Â Take a look at the USDAâ€™s â€śFood Environment Atlas,â€ť which is featured on the â€śUnited Statesâ€ť tab.
The nutrition portal will also point you towards policy resources, article databases (including PubMed@Tufts and Web of Knowledge), and guides on research writing and using the Hirsh Health Sciences Library.
Have you explored the nutrition portal? Is something missing? Let us know what you think by giving us anÂ emailÂ or call!
Tags4th floor 5th floor african american history alumni apps book review books book talk celebration circulation ClinicalKey Clinical Key congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources facebook feedback graduation HHSL holidays homepage hours library service desk library staff match day medical school medicine new resource open access portals president's day publication PubMed resources social media staff technology toolkits TUSM twitter website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- In case you were wondering: no, we have not ruled out the possibility of printer ghosts. 07:07:12 PM March 06, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Printing's back! 06:54:14 PM March 06, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The printing is down again. We're sorry for the inconvenience. Hopefully it will be back up again soon. 06:48:38 PM March 06, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsUniversity: Nuts About Pecans: Dr. Diane McKayâ€™s research on the health benefits of phytonutrients - http://t.co/0OEaw3kKAw 03:21:58 PM March 06, 2014 from TweetCaster for Android ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Join us for a Book Talk on March 13th at Noon in Sackler 640 http://t.co/MDn08XUJRa 02:08:46 PM March 06, 2014 from bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Welcome Chelsea Gabrielson! http://t.co/D7ylfZneE0 09:06:18 AM March 05, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook