To quote an old Sesame Street song, â€śEverybody eats.â€ť Consequently, just about every discipline within the health sciences has a stake in food and nutrition! It is for this very reason that the Hirsh Health Sciences Library has created the nutrition portal.
The nutrition portal will introduce you to key resources related to food and nutrition. These resources have been selected, not only for people who are specifically engaged in the study of nutrition, but also for those seeking nutrition-related information for application in their own field of study.
Looking for resources that provide a global perspective on issues related to food and nutrition? Check out the â€śGlobalâ€ť tab, which features resource created by the Food & Agriculture Organization (FAO) and USAID.Â Want to know which parts of the USA have limited access to healthy food?Â Take a look at the USDAâ€™s â€śFood Environment Atlas,â€ť which is featured on the â€śUnited Statesâ€ť tab.
The nutrition portal will also point you towards policy resources, article databases (including PubMed@Tufts and Web of Knowledge), and guides on research writing and using the Hirsh Health Sciences Library.
Have you explored the nutrition portal? Is something missing? Let us know what you think by giving us anÂ emailÂ or call!
Tags4th floor 5th floor african american history apps book review books book talk celebration ClinicalKey Clinical Key congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources facebook feedback graduation HHSL hhsl event holidays homepage hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff match day medical school medicine new resource open access open workshop portals president's day recipes resources social media staff technology TUSM twitter website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @USDANutrition: Curious about the nutrients in favorite recipes? SuperTrackerâ€™s My Recipe feature shows how to create healthier meals htâ€¦ about 4 hours ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Feeling Stressed? Then Meet Some Pets this Thursday Afternoon from 3:30-5pm in Sackler 507! http://t.co/Vtv7kRG2RX about 8 hours ago from bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Interesting...and pretty gross RT @NPRHealth Dirty Money: A Microbial Jungle Thrives In Your Wallet http://t.co/toAneMuy6j about 9 hours ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Speaking of bikes... RT @TuftsUniversity Faculty, students to bike 100 miles around campuses: http://t.co/5FrWhwd74O via @TuftsDaily 03:23:18 PM April 22, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @tuftsctsi: Dr. Blanton of @TuftsMedSchool says nowhere in medical training are you taught how to come up with scientific project's budgâ€¦ 12:55:30 PM April 22, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- No need to wait at the pharmacy for this Rx! New program lets #BMC doctors #prescribeabike to help fight obesity http://t.co/y2XNR1ukPE 10:45:56 AM April 22, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook