To quote an old Sesame Street song, â€śEverybody eats.â€ť Consequently, just about every discipline within the health sciences has a stake in food and nutrition! It is for this very reason that the Hirsh Health Sciences Library has created the nutrition portal.
The nutrition portal will introduce you to key resources related to food and nutrition. These resources have been selected, not only for people who are specifically engaged in the study of nutrition, but also for those seeking nutrition-related information for application in their own field of study.
Looking for resources that provide a global perspective on issues related to food and nutrition? Check out the â€śGlobalâ€ť tab, which features resource created by the Food & Agriculture Organization (FAO) and USAID.Â Want to know which parts of the USA have limited access to healthy food?Â Take a look at the USDAâ€™s â€śFood Environment Atlas,â€ť which is featured on the â€śUnited Statesâ€ť tab.
The nutrition portal will also point you towards policy resources, article databases (including PubMed@Tufts and Web of Knowledge), and guides on research writing and using the Hirsh Health Sciences Library.
Have you explored the nutrition portal? Is something missing? Let us know what you think by giving us anÂ emailÂ or call!
Tags4th floor 5th floor african american history alumni apps book review books book talk celebration circulation ClinicalKey Clinical Key conference congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources facebook graduation HHSL holidays homepage hours Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff match day medical school medicine new resource open access portals presentation publication resources social media staff technology toolkits TUSM twitter website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Open Workshop â€“ Beyond Pubmed: Web of Knowledge (12/18, 12-1pm) http://t.co/yUqlOmjM9K about 14 hours ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Want to Help the Open Access Cause? Get the Button! http://t.co/a64MSEQlwL 09:26:23 AM December 11, 2013 from bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- What a great day to put in some studying while avoiding the wet snow! 02:30:59 PM December 10, 2013 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @TuftsDental Thank you for spreading the word about our extended hours. 12:54:20 PM December 09, 2013 from web in reply to TuftsDental ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsMedSchool: Fist bumping could reduce hospital acquired infections, research shows http://t.co/6HvRZGAlzQ 10:26:01 AM December 09, 2013 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Free coffee today at 7pm on Sackler 4. Study hard and good luck on exams! 11:31:25 AM December 08, 2013 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook