To quote an old Sesame Street song, “Everybody eats.” Consequently, just about every discipline within the health sciences has a stake in food and nutrition! It is for this very reason that the Hirsh Health Sciences Library has created the nutrition portal.
The nutrition portal will introduce you to key resources related to food and nutrition. These resources have been selected, not only for people who are specifically engaged in the study of nutrition, but also for those seeking nutrition-related information for application in their own field of study.
Looking for resources that provide a global perspective on issues related to food and nutrition? Check out the “Global” tab, which features resource created by the Food & Agriculture Organization (FAO) and USAID. Want to know which parts of the USA have limited access to healthy food? Take a look at the USDA’s “Food Environment Atlas,” which is featured on the “United States” tab.
The nutrition portal will also point you towards policy resources, article databases (including PubMed@Tufts and Web of Knowledge), and guides on research writing and using the Hirsh Health Sciences Library.
Have you explored the nutrition portal? Is something missing? Let us know what you think by giving us an email or call!
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources staff statistics stress relief summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library Under10 website
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @NYTHealth: Germs in the subway are the harmless kind https://t.co/Sz7p3hDMGz about 8 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Putting Breast Cancer on a Diet https://t.co/lHJhMUCPfO via @nytimeswell about 9 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Do you have any plans for 4th of July Weekend? We have some ideas for you! | What's New @ HHSL https://t.co/Og55ivrGOI about 10 hours ago from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- An N.Y.U. Study Gone Wrong, and a Top Researcher Dismissed https://t.co/nKNgscPpov about 11 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsUniversity: Did you know that #TaiChi can help alleviate knee pain? Read more about the new Tufts study: https://t.co/B0LIJEPfvr #… about 12 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @AHRQNews: "Undermining a small but important federal health agency is a dangerous gamble" by @MLMillenson via @statnews https://t.co/Uo… about 12 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook