To quote an old Sesame Street song, “Everybody eats.” Consequently, just about every discipline within the health sciences has a stake in food and nutrition! It is for this very reason that the Hirsh Health Sciences Library has created the nutrition portal.
The nutrition portal will introduce you to key resources related to food and nutrition. These resources have been selected, not only for people who are specifically engaged in the study of nutrition, but also for those seeking nutrition-related information for application in their own field of study.
Looking for resources that provide a global perspective on issues related to food and nutrition? Check out the “Global” tab, which features resource created by the Food & Agriculture Organization (FAO) and USAID. Want to know which parts of the USA have limited access to healthy food? Take a look at the USDA’s “Food Environment Atlas,” which is featured on the “United States” tab.
The nutrition portal will also point you towards policy resources, article databases (including PubMed@Tufts and Web of Knowledge), and guides on research writing and using the Hirsh Health Sciences Library.
Have you explored the nutrition portal? Is something missing? Let us know what you think by giving us an email or call!
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources staff statistics stress relief summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library Under10 website
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Doctors Getting ‘Pimped’ https://t.co/QLZ8c84agu via @nytimeswell about 13 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @statnews: Our least experienced doctors are dangerously tired https://t.co/1zWEZGGdJF via @HuffPostScience https://t.co/8Lmu8nYQ7v about 14 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NPRHealth: Evaporated Cane Juice? Puh-leeze. Just Call It Sugar, FDA Says https://t.co/i6tgm4R71f about 14 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @statnews: What it’s like to be one of the few doctors left in war-torn Syria https://t.co/7T59zZ6PMC https://t.co/WdWoO59abB about 15 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Could Alzheimer’s Stem From Infections? It Makes Sense, Experts Say https://t.co/FfDSw7U8Pl 03:06:43 PM May 25, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Memorial Day Weekend Hours | What's New @ HHSL https://t.co/mtXKykDLoi 02:55:27 PM May 25, 2016 from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook