To quote an old Sesame Street song, “Everybody eats.” Consequently, just about every discipline within the health sciences has a stake in food and nutrition! It is for this very reason that the Hirsh Health Sciences Library has created the nutrition portal.
The nutrition portal will introduce you to key resources related to food and nutrition. These resources have been selected, not only for people who are specifically engaged in the study of nutrition, but also for those seeking nutrition-related information for application in their own field of study.
Looking for resources that provide a global perspective on issues related to food and nutrition? Check out the “Global” tab, which features resource created by the Food & Agriculture Organization (FAO) and USAID. Want to know which parts of the USA have limited access to healthy food? Take a look at the USDA’s “Food Environment Atlas,” which is featured on the “United States” tab.
The nutrition portal will also point you towards policy resources, article databases (including PubMed@Tufts and Web of Knowledge), and guides on research writing and using the Hirsh Health Sciences Library.
Have you explored the nutrition portal? Is something missing? Let us know what you think by giving us an email or call!
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources staff statistics stress relief summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library website welcome!
Follow Us on Twitter!
- We got more pumpkins! Come and paint! https://t.co/UtAqDkt9kj about 9 hours ago from Twitter for Android ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsTechnology: Internet connectivity issue has been RESOLVED. Any issues, contact the TTS Service Desk at 617-627-3376 or it@tufts.… about 10 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsAlumni: Tufts researchers are finding that #climatechange is affecting the growing and harvesting of #tea. https://t.co/JnZplh2D86 04:17:08 PM October 20, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @AJMC_Journal: .@StJude and @TuftsNutrition study: dietary intervention needed in survivors of childhood cancer https://t.co/tI4yHSDcYk… 04:16:50 PM October 20, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @MayoClinic: #HypertrophicCardiomyopathy: How thickened #heartmuscle can slow you down. https://t.co/ql6TYoKIVb https://t.co/6HZW9WRela 03:48:39 PM October 20, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @theNCI: Metabolomics Study Reveals another Energy Source for Cancer Cells https://t.co/g50M25PVaC https://t.co/nOHzO2gaI8 02:01:43 PM October 20, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook