To quote an old Sesame Street song, “Everybody eats.” Consequently, just about every discipline within the health sciences has a stake in food and nutrition! It is for this very reason that the Hirsh Health Sciences Library has created the nutrition portal.
The nutrition portal will introduce you to key resources related to food and nutrition. These resources have been selected, not only for people who are specifically engaged in the study of nutrition, but also for those seeking nutrition-related information for application in their own field of study.
Looking for resources that provide a global perspective on issues related to food and nutrition? Check out the “Global” tab, which features resource created by the Food & Agriculture Organization (FAO) and USAID. Want to know which parts of the USA have limited access to healthy food? Take a look at the USDA’s “Food Environment Atlas,” which is featured on the “United States” tab.
The nutrition portal will also point you towards policy resources, article databases (including PubMed@Tufts and Web of Knowledge), and guides on research writing and using the Hirsh Health Sciences Library.
Have you explored the nutrition portal? Is something missing? Let us know what you think by giving us an email or call!
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan Leo library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop Open Workshops portals recipes resources staff statistics summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library website welcome!
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Don't forget to stop by the Library Service Desk this afternoon and make a Mardi Gras mask! about 22 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsAlumni: .@TuftsMedSchool student Jessica Evans-Wall makes poetry with sick children to help them cope with illness. https://t.co/c… about 23 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @JMHNRCA: New report finds surprising shift in life expectancy results https://t.co/zn35qO9vcY https://t.co/1L91ethhba 04:19:51 PM February 22, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Library Fun Lab: Mardi Gras Masks, Thu 2/23 and Fri 2/24 | What's New @ HHSL https://t.co/qrWH9Ru1QC 10:58:39 AM February 22, 2017 from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Save the date for the #PL4H workshop. https://t.co/7fsacyzevE. Registration is now open! https://t.co/IuH0vtS4o4 12:06:43 PM February 21, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NIH: Excited to have some of our patient groups join #NIHchat! @RareDiseases @EveryLifeOrg @GlobalGenes @TheChildrensInn will be there.… 11:18:25 AM February 21, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook