“National DNA Day is a unique day when students, teachers and the public can learn more about genetics and genomics! The day commemorates the completion of the Human Genome Project in April 2003, and the discovery of DNA’s double helix.” – National Human Genome Research Institute
Nova PBS has a collection of interesting web exhibits surrounding DNA and other genetically coded materials:
Anatomy of Photo 51– Explore Rosalind Franklin’s famous x-ray image, a key to understanding the double-helix structure of DNA.
Before Watson & Crick – How did scientists discover that DNA was the blueprint of life?
Picturing the Molecules of Life – Over the past 50 years, scientific images of DNA, ribosomes, and RNA have catalyzed our understanding of biology.
If you have a favorite molecule, you can view it on your favorite Apple device with a free app called Molecules. The program allows you to display the structure in different rendering styles, rotate and zoom. You can even add custom molecular structures!
Tags4th floor 5th floor Ask Leo book review circulation crafts data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics summer Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website writing consultants
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Happy Lunar New Year 恭贺新禧 | What's New @ HHSL https://t.co/Wp9v1Sy3bW about 8 hours ago from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsUniversity: Tufts University will remain open today. More details: https://t.co/8EAZZfmmp9 about 9 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsNutrition: Read more about #Chinatown celebrations and the rich cultural heritage of our neighbors: https://t.co/SEZdQpNLGO https:… about 10 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Hirsh Library is open for business! Come on in out of the cold! about 13 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NYTHealth: The C.D.C. defended its advice to women on drinking and pregnancy https://t.co/xMvw32qBd4 about 13 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- I, for one, welcome our new plant overlords. https://t.co/4TwVKJT6nO about 13 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook