“National DNA Day is a unique day when students, teachers and the public can learn more about genetics and genomics! The day commemorates the completion of the Human Genome Project in April 2003, and the discovery of DNA’s double helix.” – National Human Genome Research Institute
Nova PBS has a collection of interesting web exhibits surrounding DNA and other genetically coded materials:
Anatomy of Photo 51- Explore Rosalind Franklin’s famous x-ray image, a key to understanding the double-helix structure of DNA.
Before Watson & Crick - How did scientists discover that DNA was the blueprint of life?
Picturing the Molecules of Life - Over the past 50 years, scientific images of DNA, ribosomes, and RNA have catalyzed our understanding of biology.
If you have a favorite molecule, you can view it on your favorite Apple device with a free app called Molecules. The program allows you to display the structure in different rendering styles, rotate and zoom. You can even add custom molecular structures!
Tags4th floor Ask Leo book review book talk celebration circulation congratulations copyright databases electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours facebook food graduation graphs HHSL hhsl event Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch mobile apps new books open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics summer Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Just delivered a cup of coffee to a busy student! Are you the next student? Only if you tweet #coffeeoncall in the next 10 minutes... about 16 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @sleezyslee You're welcome! about 16 hours ago from Twitter Web Client in reply to sleezyslee ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @sleezyslee: @TuftsHHSL ya'll are legit. Ty! about 16 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @sleezyslee On our way, Steven - see you in a few... about 16 hours ago from Twitter Web Client in reply to sleezyslee ReplyRetweetFavorite
- How about a caffeine drink to help you think? Tweet #coffeeoncall and then check out this link: http://t.co/IBz5tlwRKB Happy studying! about 16 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Need one last boost for your final study session? Tweet #coffeeoncall at us until 4pm and we'll deliver coffee or cocoa to your study spot! about 18 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook