“National DNA Day is a unique day when students, teachers and the public can learn more about genetics and genomics! The day commemorates the completion of the Human Genome Project in April 2003, and the discovery of DNA’s double helix.” – National Human Genome Research Institute
Nova PBS has a collection of interesting web exhibits surrounding DNA and other genetically coded materials:
Anatomy of Photo 51– Explore Rosalind Franklin’s famous x-ray image, a key to understanding the double-helix structure of DNA.
Before Watson & Crick – How did scientists discover that DNA was the blueprint of life?
Picturing the Molecules of Life – Over the past 50 years, scientific images of DNA, ribosomes, and RNA have catalyzed our understanding of biology.
If you have a favorite molecule, you can view it on your favorite Apple device with a free app called Molecules. The program allows you to display the structure in different rendering styles, rotate and zoom. You can even add custom molecular structures!
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan Leo library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop Open Workshops portals recipes resources staff statistics summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library website
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @TuftsMedicalCtr: Happy #NationalDoctorsDay to our fantastic, skilled and dedicated physicians! https://t.co/t8rdCYgpca about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- April Open Workshops! | What's New @ HHSL https://t.co/tzE7CG7p7F about 2 hours ago from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Bright Spots in a Troubled Food System https://t.co/2ot7t9W3Vo via @TuftsUniversity 02:44:19 PM March 29, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- A.I. Versus M.D. https://t.co/neIfyMWXXF via @newyorker 01:27:09 PM March 29, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Full access to the archives of the Handbook of Physiology is now available! | What's New @ HHSL https://t.co/Xj75jnjEtS 02:44:01 PM March 28, 2017 from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @ADANews: ADA Board of Trustees votes to create national dental licensure exam - https://t.co/XcueHD0FP4 10:55:45 AM March 24, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook