“National DNA Day is a unique day when students, teachers and the public can learn more about genetics and genomics! The day commemorates the completion of the Human Genome Project in April 2003, and the discovery of DNA’s double helix.” – National Human Genome Research Institute
Nova PBS has a collection of interesting web exhibits surrounding DNA and other genetically coded materials:
Anatomy of Photo 51– Explore Rosalind Franklin’s famous x-ray image, a key to understanding the double-helix structure of DNA.
Before Watson & Crick – How did scientists discover that DNA was the blueprint of life?
Picturing the Molecules of Life – Over the past 50 years, scientific images of DNA, ribosomes, and RNA have catalyzed our understanding of biology.
If you have a favorite molecule, you can view it on your favorite Apple device with a free app called Molecules. The program allows you to display the structure in different rendering styles, rotate and zoom. You can even add custom molecular structures!
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources staff statistics stress relief summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library website welcome!
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @theNCI: Metabolomics Study Reveals another Energy Source for Cancer Cells https://t.co/g50M25PVaC https://t.co/nOHzO2gaI8 about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @HealthierGen: #Farmtoschool today = a generation of healthy kids tomorrow. Celebrate #F2SMonth this October: https://t.co/Uq9Rlqe2IU ht… about 2 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- It's time! https://t.co/kgfWfVifHj about 3 hours ago from Twitter for Android ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @medlineplus: #DomesticViolence can affect all ages & walks of life. The first step in getting help is to tell someone you trust: https:… about 3 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @medlineplus: 5 ways to enjoy pumpkin! Use up locally grown pumpkins in one of these recipes: https://t.co/6WQvXibMLK https://t.co/LNVff… about 5 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Your canvas awaits! Pumpkin painting today and tomorrow at the Library Service Desk starting at 12pm! https://t.co/ksQ1zRAiZt about 6 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook