“National DNA Day is a unique day when students, teachers and the public can learn more about genetics and genomics! The day commemorates the completion of the Human Genome Project in April 2003, and the discovery of DNA’s double helix.” – National Human Genome Research Institute
Nova PBS has a collection of interesting web exhibits surrounding DNA and other genetically coded materials:
Anatomy of Photo 51- Explore Rosalind Franklin’s famous x-ray image, a key to understanding the double-helix structure of DNA.
Before Watson & Crick - How did scientists discover that DNA was the blueprint of life?
Picturing the Molecules of Life - Over the past 50 years, scientific images of DNA, ribosomes, and RNA have catalyzed our understanding of biology.
If you have a favorite molecule, you can view it on your favorite Apple device with a free app called Molecules. The program allows you to display the structure in different rendering styles, rotate and zoom. You can even add custom molecular structures!
Tags4th floor 6th floor Ask Leo book review book talk celebration circulation congratulations copyright databases dental eBooks electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch match day new books open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review staff summer Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- #coffeeoncall has ended for today! Stay tuned for future caffeination opportunities. Happy studying! about 14 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @janetjykim We'll meet you at the Circulation Desk! about 14 hours ago from Twitter Web Client in reply to janetjykim ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @janetjykim Hi Janet, Where are you in the library? Let us know and the coffee will be on its way! about 14 hours ago from Twitter Web Client in reply to janetjykim ReplyRetweetFavorite
- 30 minutes left for #coffeeoncall and one more coffee to give away! Tweet at us if you want it! about 14 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @KatieMark We'll be right down! about 14 hours ago from Twitter Web Client in reply to KatieMark ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @RosenthalBenjam We'll be right there! The front elevators or the internal library elevators? about 14 hours ago from Twitter Web Client in reply to RosenthalBenjam ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook