Currently viewing the tag: "government"
Here are a few quick informational tidbits on how the government shutdown may affect you and your research:
- HNRCA is closed
- PubMed, Ovid, NIH Reporter, NCBI, the CDC, Agricola and other databases relying on government data are not being updated and are not able to respond to inquiries
- DOCLINE is down (no direct ordering of articles from PubMed/NLM)
- Data.gov and other non-essential websites are shut down, for accessing data, try Data Citation Index through Web of Knowledge
- Many government services are not being maintained or no longer allow access. Resources like PubMed are still running, but not being updated; and if hacked or broken, they may not be fixed in a timely manner. The libraries subscribe to many databases that provide access to the same information, but will be maintained and staffed since they are not government-run. For more on alternative resources to use in order to access government information, see the Tisch Library guide here: http://researchguides.library.tufts.edu/govshutdown
Tags4th floor african american history book review books book talk celebration circulation congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours facebook food graduation HHSL hhsl event Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch match day medical school mobile apps new books open access open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review social media staff summer TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Join Dr. Dan Jay at Aidkeman Arts Center 9/25 5-7:30PM for the opening of his art show "Archemy: Chemical Drawings" http://t.co/DOSZflRwaG about 2 hours ago from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsOOS: Walking is not only good for the environment -- it provides many benefits for your physical health! http://t.co/MO5StQG1oK #s… about 2 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NPRHealth: In California, Less Water Means More West Nile Virus http://t.co/VHTt32kMVZ about 4 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @bmj_latest: How to get your research published: The BMJ's tips: http://t.co/yKiQAWBsio via @YouTube about 10 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @scifri: Today at 2p ET: Why did humans evolve to have a variety of faces? http://t.co/3cVrPr2Tgn http://t.co/VItpCRhKmY 12:17:09 PM September 19, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @nlm_news: It's Whole Grains Month! Are you eating enough? Check out these recipes & more: http://t.co/D9q83Ivmyw 09:51:03 AM September 19, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook