Currently viewing the tag: "government"
Here are a few quick informational tidbits on how the government shutdown may affect you and your research:
- HNRCA is closed
- PubMed, Ovid, NIH Reporter, NCBI, the CDC, Agricola and other databases relying on government data are not being updated and are not able to respond to inquiries
- DOCLINE is down (no direct ordering of articles from PubMed/NLM)
- Data.gov and other non-essential websites are shut down, for accessing data, try Data Citation Index through Web of Knowledge
- Many government services are not being maintained or no longer allow access. Resources like PubMed are still running, but not being updated; and if hacked or broken, they may not be fixed in a timely manner. The libraries subscribe to many databases that provide access to the same information, but will be maintained and staffed since they are not government-run. For more on alternative resources to use in order to access government information, see the Tisch Library guide here: http://researchguides.library.tufts.edu/govshutdown
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources staff statistics stress relief summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library Under10 website
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @sciencemagazine: Unraveling the rules of "protein folding" could soon lead to a medical revolution: https://t.co/JcaDW0NcCT https://t.c… 03:48:22 PM July 21, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @nprscience: Turning Down The Background Noise Could Help Toddlers Learn https://t.co/XJNn4JQqAq 01:16:23 PM July 21, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NEJM: Article reviews medical tips for international travelers https://t.co/hIJLO2eeIC https://t.co/q9AsFRa8MM 12:12:59 PM July 21, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NIH: Use it or lose it! Visual activity may restore sight says @NatEyeInstitute study https://t.co/dvxhLVBLLj #NIHFlickr https://t.co/z… 10:56:32 AM July 21, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NEJM: Editorial: A Challenge in Vaccine Development — Neisseria meningitidis Serogroup B https://t.co/FzJNIL263c https://t.co/2qibUPCyNn 10:19:44 AM July 21, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @WHOAFRO: Female Genital Mutilation (#FGM) violates human rights, has NO health benefits & it must NEVER be performed #EndFGM https://t.… 09:55:34 AM July 21, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook