Now that everyone is back on campus and settled into their routine, the HHSL is beginning our Open Workshop series on Thursdays from noon-1pm in Sackler 510. These one hour classes are open to anyone affiliated with Tufts University or the Hirsh Health Sciences Library, and cover a wide range of relevant and interesting topics.
Our kick-off event is this Thursday, and will include snacks, as we take you through some of the most popular FAQs about using and accessing the library resources. You can find all of the upcoming classes and their descriptions on our Open Workshops calendar page.
Registration is required for the workshops, and you are absolutely allowed to eat and drink responsibly in the computer lab!
Come learn with us!
Get Published! Tools for Managing your Writing
Join us Thursday 3/13 at noon in Sackler 510 for the next installment of our Open Workshops series. During this hour-long workshop, you will learn how to use library resources and tools to manage your writing from conception to publication.
Resources covered include:
- making effective use of citation management tools
- databases to find journal impact factors
- suggested apps, guidelines, and tips to keep track of your research
Space is limited–be sure to arrive on time for a seat! Food and lidded drinks are allowed in the computer labs so feel free to bring your lunch or a snack.
HHSL Open Workshops are open to ANY Tufts community member. We welcome students, faculty, staff, clinicians and members of our affiliate hospitals.
Join us this Thursday afternoon from noon to 1pm for an introduction to the best database you may never have heard of – Web of Science! Food and lidded drinks are allowed in the computer labs, so bring your lunch or a snack.
Beyond PubMed: Web of Science
Thur, Feb 27th, Noon-1:00pm
Cross disciplinary subject? Not sure of where to go after you search PubMed? Have you written an article and want to know who has quoted you? This workshop is for you! We will learn
- how to construct a keyword search
- show how finding one good article on a topic can lead to other articles on the same thing;
- and find out who is also working on your topic of interest.
Web of Science will become your new best friend for research!
Space is limited, so please register here by February 26th.
Tags4th floor Ask Leo book review book talk celebration circulation congratulations copyright databases dental electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food graduation graphs HHSL hhsl event Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch mobile apps new books open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics summer Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @USDAFoodSafety: Don’t let bacteria score at your #SuperBowl party! Use these tips to stay on the defense against foodborne illness: htt… about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Unfamiliar with our scanners? Check out the new Ask Leo! http://t.co/OIysJ4Zf9h about 5 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- We're open today, so come to our Open Workshop! We do them every Thurs @ noon in SK510. Today's topic: PubMed. http://t.co/g4rXxLO160 about 6 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The Hirsh Library is back to normal hours today, January 29th. Welcome back! about 8 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The library won't be staffed tomorrow Wed 1/28 but the Sackler building will be open. For more closing info visit: http://t.co/RrFZy7aovB 09:27:15 PM January 27, 2015 from Mobile Web (M5) ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsUniversity: Tufts will be closed on Wednesday, January 28, due to the winter storm. Some services will be open. More details: http… 09:18:36 PM January 27, 2015 from Mobile Web (M5) ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook