Now that everyone is back on campus and settled into their routine, the HHSL is beginning our Open Workshop series on Thursdays from noon-1pm in Sackler 510. These one hour classes are open to anyone affiliated with Tufts University or the Hirsh Health Sciences Library, and cover a wide range of relevant and interesting topics.
Our kick-off event is this Thursday, and will include snacks, as we take you through some of the most popular FAQs about using and accessing the library resources. You can find all of the upcoming classes and their descriptions on our Open Workshops calendar page.
Registration is required for the workshops, and you are absolutely allowed to eat and drink responsibly in the computer lab!
Come learn with us!
Get Published! Tools for Managing your Writing
Join us Thursday 3/13 at noon in Sackler 510 for the next installment of our Open Workshops series. During this hour-long workshop, you will learn how to use library resources and tools to manage your writing from conception to publication.
Resources covered include:
- making effective use of citation management tools
- databases to find journal impact factors
- suggested apps, guidelines, and tips to keep track of your research
Space is limited–be sure to arrive on time for a seat! Food and lidded drinks are allowed in the computer labs so feel free to bring your lunch or a snack.
HHSL Open Workshops are open to ANY Tufts community member. We welcome students, faculty, staff, clinicians and members of our affiliate hospitals.
Join us this Thursday afternoon from noon to 1pm for an introduction to the best database you may never have heard of – Web of Science! Food and lidded drinks are allowed in the computer labs, so bring your lunch or a snack.
Beyond PubMed: Web of Science
Thur, Feb 27th, Noon-1:00pm
Cross disciplinary subject? Not sure of where to go after you search PubMed? Have you written an article and want to know who has quoted you? This workshop is for you! We will learn
- how to construct a keyword search
- show how finding one good article on a topic can lead to other articles on the same thing;
- and find out who is also working on your topic of interest.
Web of Science will become your new best friend for research!
Space is limited, so please register here by February 26th.
Tags4th floor Ask Leo book review book talk celebration circulation congratulations copyright databases dental electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food graduation graphs HHSL hhsl event Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch mobile apps new books open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics summer Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @cbquist: Today in 1849, Elizabeth Blackwell became the first woman to earn a medical degree in the United States. http://t.co/Cr0RuqIF5t 03:36:05 PM January 23, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @sgalla: Jordan Smoller, slide on culture of science. #scicomm http://t.co/8Tg8HhVUFM 02:46:31 PM January 23, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Feeling the chill? Have some soup! | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/GSeWgJqmMv http://t.co/GSeWgJqmMv 12:18:54 PM January 23, 2015 from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsUniversity: Winter Storm Watch in effect: Jan 24 12am to 11pm EST MT @NWSBoston Sat storm update. Biggest concern heavy wet snow h… 09:49:38 AM January 23, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @ADANews: What's antitrust go to do with me? Marketplace rules affect dental practices - Find out how. http://t.co/UxShdTHQyu 04:48:36 PM January 22, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Just in time for snow on Sat! RT @sweetfoodie 15 Healthier Lasagnas including skillet, slow cooker, & soup options! http://t.co/u4pJ2MgJuI 01:53:55 PM January 22, 2015 from Twitter Web Client in reply to sweetfoodie ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook