Exciting news about your favorite HHSL band! As a result of fans’ overwhelming support during the Battle of the HSL Bands, the exhilarating March 17th performance of our own Jumbo Go Bragh has captured the attention of the Irish Government and, along with it, an official commendation for their nuanced rendition of a traditional tune. These accolades have led to several invitations for the group to perform at various awards shows, including the Tonys, the MTV VMAs, the Teen Choice Awards, and the J.Q. Adams Elementary School’s Centennial Jamboree.
The group also plans to audition for the next season of The Voice at the end of the summer.
After 15 years of providing excellent service to the Tufts health sciences campus, we bid a fond farewell to Eileen Moyer, who retired earlier this month.
As an Information Services Librarian, Eileen provided invaluable research assistance and instruction to users on the Boston campus. Eileen helped design the current HHSL web site and was deeply committed to helping students become savvy users of information technology.
In addition to her work at HHSL, Eileen advocates for the humane treatment of greyhound race dogs and serves as volunteer for Greyhound Friends.
Eileen, we wish you a fabulous retirement! Thank you!
As you may have noticed, the HHSL homepage has had a makeover! Aside from being more bright and cheerful, the page has some new features and a modified layout. The following is a brief overview of the changes – we’ll highlight some of the new features in more detail throughout the coming weeks, so be sure to check back.
- The chat box is replaced with an Ask Us button in the header of the page. Click this to be taken to a page with all the ways to contact the library!
- The images across the top of the page link to portals, which act as a “getting started” point for broad categories of interest to the Tufts Boston campus.
- The orange bar in the middle of the page highlights our list of links to the most popular library resources.
- Our navigation bar now highlights links to our social media accounts. Be sure to follow us!
- The hours and library newsfeed are now more prominent in the right column.
How do you like the new look? Questions? Let us know what you think! (We are especially interested in hearing from Internet Explorer users, since we are aware that tweaks need to be made – feedback helps us troubleshoot more accurately and quickly.)
Tags4th floor 5th floor african american history apps book review books book talk celebration ClinicalKey Clinical Key congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources facebook feedback graduation HHSL hhsl event holidays homepage hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff match day medical school medicine new resource open access open workshop portals president's day recipes resources social media staff technology TUSM twitter website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @GlobalEcoGuy: Looking forward to being on @scifri this week with @iraflatow, talking about feeding the world and climate change, about 4 hours ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NCICRCHD: Great infographic from @FamiliesUSA on prevalent #healthdisparities that afflict African Americans in US: http://t.co/O7op7EF… about 4 hours ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Scientists Who Make Art – Dan Jay and Wally Gilbert, April 22 6PM | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/tLr6QWsLyk about 6 hours ago from bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Tufts researcher, Maryanne Wolf, quoted i n The Washington Post for article abt new reading patterns due to internet http://t.co/MAZXTN9DJz about 7 hours ago from bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsOPD: New funding opportunities as of April 2nd! #NIH @NIHFunding | http://t.co/UrZPN97Lps 12:55:25 PM April 16, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @tuftsctsi: Are you entering the @TuftsCTSI #PosterCompetition? Time is running out! Submit your abstract online by noon Friday: http://… 12:54:53 PM April 16, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook